Default Did my first lam test yesterday and here are my findings

After spending a couple hours leveling up a rogue assassin and searching for gear to test with, here are a few things that I didn't really like.

1- I made a classic int based assassin. Only to find that int based assassins had nothing worth getting which would fit a gearset. So I reincarnated to a dex based assassin as dex was everywhere.
    2- I found many of the items are very redundant. I must have had 3 dex items on and it was a serious struggle to find anything exciting for such a class.
    When I say redundant, I mean extremely so. For instance, within sets like the kunderak delving items.

3- I only had time to try one class so I went with what used to be my favorite. I ended up feeling like a redheaded stepchild. Good lord... isn't there anything at all available for the class besides the most basic attributes? Search, spot, disable, open, dex, ad nausea. In all the gear available, there was maybe 3 legendary daggers available across all packs. Which sucked. You've got this class pigeonholed into using daggers but the available choices of such weapons are ridiculously limited.

4- As to the class itself. I wasn't in the least impressed. They seem to only be built for DPS. No crowd control of any kind. Can't use stun/trip as it's str based. And as to the dps, that was terrible. On boss test kobolds I was hitting crits around 700. On basic test kobolds it went upwards of 2500 crits. Averaging around 1k. With full compliments of seeker/deadly/insightful seeker gear.

5- Leveling up in epic levels, I was forced to take toughness 3 times. It's the only thing available. Literally. 'How exciting'. I can imagine that if I had done the xp grind only to get toughness 3 times over half a dozen levels of epics I'd be really disappointed.

6- I couldn't access epic destinies at all. I was at zero xp with no idea how to get epic destiny xp. So that part of the update I couldn't experience. There is an epic trainer but try as I might I could not add a single ED point.

7- After about 3 hours of leveling, gearing, augmenting, and testing, I went to try the new quests. There were 3 quest givers. I grabbed all 3 and went searching for quests which I had no idea where they were. After searching this huge area, I finally found a tower with another quest giver. So I took it and ran the quest. Pretty straightforward linear run. Pull 3 levers. Kill whatever stands in the way. Fight a couple of sub bosses, and finish with the main boss. I liked the visuals and as always I appreciate the voice actors because I can barely read that little writing in the story-line. Nor do I want to read a book while playing.

8- As the largest stat I could get was a +14 main/+6 insightful I'm assuming this version includes the revamped system. Along with no access to EDs, maybe that's why the DPS numbers seemed so weak.

That's it.
    Last edited by krimsonrane; 07-15-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    5- Leveling up in epic levels, I was forced to take toughness 3 times. It's the only thing available. Literally. 'How exciting'. I can imagine that if I had done the xp grind only to get toughness 3 times over half a dozen levels of epics I'd be really disappointed.

6- I couldn't access epic destinies at all. I was at zero xp with no idea how to get epic destiny xp. So that part of the update I couldn't experience. There is an epic trainer but try as I might I could not add a single ED point.
    5) Those would be epic destiny feats that require having some of the destiny stuff filled in to take otherwise toughness is the only option. https://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destiny_Feats
    6) One has to own epic destinies to be able to level them (either buy them via in the in-game store or bundled with one of the expansion packs.
    Anyone without EDs in epic levels will feel very weak and underperform by a huge margin.

After spending a couple hours leveling up a rogue assassin and searching for gear to test with, here are a few things that I didn't really like.

1- I made a classic int based assassin. Only to find that int based assassins had nothing worth getting which would fit a gearset. So I reincarnated to a dex based assassin as dex was everywhere.
    2- I found many of the items are very redundant. I must have had 3 dex items on and it was a serious struggle to find anything exciting for such a class.
    When I say redundant, I mean extremely so. For instance, within sets like the kunderak delving items.

3- I only had time to try one class so I went with what used to be my favorite. I ended up feeling like a redheaded stepchild. Good lord... isn't there anything at all available for the class besides the most basic attributes? Search, spot, disable, open, dex, ad nausea. In all the gear available, there was maybe 3 legendary daggers available across all packs. Which sucked. You've got this class pigeonholed into using daggers but the available choices of such weapons are ridiculously limited.

4- As to the class itself. I wasn't in the least impressed. They seem to only be built for DPS. No crowd control of any kind. Can't use stun/trip as it's str based. And as to the dps, that was terrible. On boss test kobolds I was hitting crits around 700. On basic test kobolds it went upwards of 2500 crits. Averaging around 1k. With full compliments of seeker/deadly/insightful seeker gear.

7- After about 3 hours of leveling, gearing, augmenting, and testing, I went to try the new quests. There were 3 quest givers. I grabbed all 3 and went searching for quests which I had no idea where they were. After searching this huge area, I finally found a tower with another quest giver. So I took it and ran the quest. Pretty straightforward linear run. Pull 3 levers. Kill whatever stands in the way. Fight a couple of sub bosses, and finish with the main boss. I liked the visuals and as always I appreciate the voice actors because I can barely read that little writing in the story-line. Nor do I want to read a book while playing.

8- As the largest stat I could get was a +14 main/+6 insightful I'm assuming this version includes the revamped system. Along with no access to EDs, maybe that's why the DPS numbers seemed so weak.

That's it.
    Basically, you used Lammania as a sandbox for a rogue build? Given that (that's not what Lammania is for) I
    suggest limiting your feedback to the new quests (Saltmarsh).

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    Basically, you used Lammania as a sandbox for a rogue build? Given that (that's not what Lammania is for) I
    suggest limiting your feedback to the new quests (Saltmarsh).
    That's all you got out of everything I listed?
    The only reason I even donated hours of my time was because this was supposed to be more than just a quest preview. There's an entire revamp of gear, stats, and destinies.

But yea.. you're welcome.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

But you know what? I won't donate my time again.

You can talk to 'The Guide' the warforged looking guy, in the Test Dojo and it gives up free Experience allowing you to Level from 1 to 30.

If you don't have Epic Densities you can get them for free via the Lamannia DDO Store. You'll need to Level first to 20. Then talk to 'The Guide' again (after you are Level 20) to get maximum XP for 20-30. You need to also talk to 'The Fatespinner'. Obviously talk to "Poincelot <Festival Collector>" to get free DDO Points if you require them.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    You can talk to 'The Guide' the warforged looking guy, in the Test Dojo and it gives up free Experience allowing you to Level from 1 to 30.

If you don't have Epic Densities you can get them for free via the Lamannia DDO Store. You'll need to Level first to 20. Then talk to 'The Guide' again (after you are Level 20) to get maximum XP for 20-30. You need to also talk to 'The Fatespinner'. Obviously talk to "Poincelot <Festival Collector>" to get free DDO Points if you require them.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    I did that and it still wouldn't allow me to allocate a single point. But I have no plans on going back to try again. I saw enough and said enough. If they want more then pay me for my time. No one cares what I'm saying anyway. So why waste my efforts?

there werent many ppl on the lam dev talk last nite either
    i left early
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

I did that and it still wouldn't allow me to allocate a single point. But I have no plans on going back to try again. I saw enough and said enough. If they want more then pay me for my time. No one cares what I'm saying anyway. So why waste my efforts?
    I care. But I'm in the same boat as you. They refuse to engage anyone who challenges the new paradigm because it is happening no matter what. Whoever is in charge is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    there werent many ppl on the lam dev talk last nite either
    i left early
    Because everything they're trying to implement is terrible and tweaks many old builds into uselessness. People don't want to experience "the wonder of DDO" from level 1 again. They want to play the toons they have and enjoy the versatile and tough characters they have chiseled out of stone through hard work and dedication. Instead, they're looking at having to grind more just to get back to where they were. Sad.

That's it.
    Overall, you had several good findings, which I am going to reply to

1.) The entire game is really going through a heavy loot revamp, and the first toon I rolled up was an INT based rogue as well, but I found that the updated gear just did not suffice the build anymore, so I went back to dex as well. This is a good lead into your next point.

2.) The overall gear recieved a HEAVY downdate (Cant call it an update now can we ). Sentient artifact stat bonuses went from +22 to +14, which causes a significant decrease in stats, abilities, Dc's, etc. There were some fun items that I played around with, but overall, I was sad to see such a dramatic stat decrease, which decreased performance as well.

3.) The game hasnt seemed to be melee focused for a while now, as the new Planar Eyes pack contains caster rods and gear, which is where I found my disappointment in the pack. Overall, it was a great pack, dont get me wrong, but the power imbalance between casters and melee also came with an attention and gear imbalance. The ravenloft dagger set "Pain and Suffering" is what I tend to use, yet those in themselves are harder to acquire given they are raid loot.

4.) The weapons got a SIGNIGIFANT nerf in this upcoming downdate. Baz'morath, that special greataxe from Project Nemesis went from having a BDR of around 200. to somewhere in the mid 80's, which is close do the damage of a dagger. If this becomes the case, I expect we will see more TWF than THWF's out in the game. Dc's come as other things too, I want to mention. Overall scores have been lowered for sure, but most of the DC's seemed to remain the same on most items. I was able to get to at most a 72 stun DC on a first lifer, and yes, thats fairly low considering where the game currently sits, yet we dont truly know of the new maximums this upcoming change will create.

5.) 'The Guide' in the dojo by the trainers can give you enough experience to maximize a character's level . This took me more than half a day to find. There should be more options than just 'Toughness' for leveling in epics, so there may have been a lower stat in your build or a prerequisite you could have missed. This said, going back to what you said in your previous point, the game seems to be more focused on Min/Maxing than balance.

6.) Same as in point 5, if you activate a destiny (if this is your first character, you need to choose a destiny in the region of your class), if you then go to the guide and ask for complete mastery, he will max out your ED. You can keep changing destines and repeating this process to max them all out .

7.) The newer quests were really enjoyable for me. You can also look at your map to find the entrances for the quests in the wilderness, which dont require you to find them first. If you have a quest acquired, equivalent to the game now, the door will show up as yellow on the map, making it easier to locate and reach.

8.) The overall effectiveness of melee DPS which we see in the game now is seemingly getting reduced this coming change. They have reduced stats for balancing purposes, yet from what I understand of the ED changes, youll be able to spend points in different destines without the use of twists of fate. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, I dont want to be peddlin wrong information .

I'm sorry that you didnt have the best experience on Lammania, but I found it fun to sandbox characters and items on there, so I spent some time fooling around doing that for sure.