Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Missed Opportunity

Oh, I could have done so many things with it, now that I look back. Unfortunately, the Coin Lords haven't given me the extra backpack space yet, so I left it back in the cave.
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Ah I've never seen that, I'll have to dig on the internet to see some videos when I have the chance. For me my earliest exposure to D&D was the Dungeons & Dragons Animated Series. Sadly the guy that voiced Dungeon Master in that passed away in the early 2000's.

Even so, I thought of Matt Mercer first because A) he's very popular with newer D&D players, B) he's a very talented voice-actor, C) he is a favorite DM across many D&D web shows. I like him as a DM way better than Chris Perkins, and he's from WotC itself.
    It was a legendary kids show, ran for multiple years, basically a combination LARP & video overlay kind of thing... famous for being cheesy, camp & ridiculously difficult, iirc only 4 teams ever managed to complete it - it made legit mainstream (albeit the end segment) news when someone did.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Put it in my safe deposit box at Castle Greyskull. Nobody with evil intent has ever gotten inside there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    While I know that is impossible, RIP Gygax, a sentient gem with some fourth-wall breaking DM-like comments similar to the parrot cosmetic pet's DM-voice option could be really awesome. Too bad we probably couldn't afford to have it voiced by Matt Mercer because that would just make it over-the-top fantastic.
    To be fair, we've already got Travis Willingham and Satine Phoenix as voice actors in game. So I don't see why we couldn't afford Matt Mercer.

Personally, I'd think it'd be pretty cool if DDO did a charity event Quest Pack that was voiced by Mercer, where some of the profit was donated to Red Nose Day, or the Critical Role Foundation, or what have you. I think that be a great way to get D&D fans aware of DDO, it'd build up good will for helping a good cause, and we could get voice lines for a sentient gem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123