Default Planning my next life as a Paladin, looking to do a flavor build. Could use some help

Since I started the game, there has been one piece of equipment I've always loved the look of, but due to stats, I could never justify using... and that item is the shield "Death's Door". Thanks to mirrors of glamor I can get the look, but since being THF for a while, I haven't yet. Since I also need a Paladin past life, I decided my next life is going to be a Sword and Board Paladin built to be able to use the Deaths Door glamor. I just completed 2 reaper intensive lives, and intend this next life to be a reaper free vacation, and I intend to TR again as soon as I hit 20.

First: The class makeup. I don't want to give up trapping, but not planning on evasion, so I'm thinking 2 Arti levels, and a couple fighter levels for feats. I'm having a hard time deciding if a (12/6/2) is better than a (14/4/2) Pali/Fighter/Arti combo. It seems to come down to which is better a Feat or Holy Sword. (Last time I played a Pali was when they did a Pali pass, then next update they nerfed Holy Sword, so I no longer remember if it is worth it.)

Next: Point spread. I do have 36 pt build with a +7 supreme tome. I'm debating making INT my main stat using the Harper tree, and as most of my TR gear in INT based already, and it will help the trapping. I'm just not sure how much I need to put into STR/DEX for feat prereqs. I'm thinking a STR 10, DEX 10, CON 16, INT 18, WIZ 6, CHR 14 (Race: WarForged)

Feats: Basic S&B feat set, enhancments... not yet sure.

Any recommendations?
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

2. 07-02-2021, 05:05 PM

Community Member

12 Paladin, 5 Ranger, 3 Wizard

Dance of Death with Kama's while casting magic missile