Community Member

Default Purple Dragon Knight To Paladin - Lesser Reincarnation Issue

I want to create the Strimtom build PDK Paladin Vanguard level 1. So, I created my Iconic PDK, refused the training with Elminster, went to a Fighter Trainer, and leveled my PDK to fighter 15.

I then went to the Hall Of Heroes to the reincarnation grove globe, with my +1 heart of lesser reincarnation in hand.

I placed the heart, and selected "paladin" option. That was fine. Then, I went into the Life Shaper cave, and I was not able to select paladin level 1, instead I received the "unknown error message - you must select class manually." So I selected Fighter, and became a Fighter 1, Paladin 1. Then I had to level the Fighter to level 14, or of course the Life Shaper does not allow you to leave...so now I am stuck with a Fighter 14 Paladin 1.

Then I received the dreaded lesser reincarnation 3 day lockout message, when I went to the globe to try again...

Soooo...I deleted the character, and purchased a 2nd +1 heart of lesser reincarnation (ouch), and created a new PDK character.

This time, I selected Fighter at the reincarnation globe. Then I selected "paladin" in the life shaper cave, and once again my character was multi classed Fighter 1 and Paladin 1. Then I had to level the Fighter to level 14, or of course the Life Shaper does not allow you to leave...so now I am once again stuck with a Fighter 14 Paladin 1.

I'm sure there is something simple I am doing wrong. If anyone has any advice on how to get rid of the 14 Fighter and keep the level 1 Paladin on this toon, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

The plus one is for changing 1 class level...not 15.
    By you going 15 levels of fighter you jacked it up.
    You should have leveled to 15 as a paladin after the first fighter level used the heart and then changed the fighter level.
    You are going to have to go with what you got or use the heart of wood that changes all your levels.
    The best you can do right now is 6 paladin/14 fighter. Its not a miserable split...You can get tanked up at least.
    But let's be real you probably want 2 paladin 18 fighter....6 paladin is meh. It's good for spell points for cocoon later. Maybe some knight of the Chalice... its your call really.
    Just keep in mind you can not add anymore paladin levels until level 16...
    Last edited by Enderoc; 06-25-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    The plus one is for changing 1 class level...not 15.
    By you going 15 levels of fighter you jacked it up.
    You should have leveled to 15 as a paladin after the first fighter level used the heart and then changed the fighter level.
    You are going to have to go with what you got or use the heart of wood that changes all your levels.
    The best you can do right now is 6 paladin/14 fighter. Its not a miserable split...You can get tanked up at least.

Thanks for your post

Iconic PDK are born as Fighter class, with enough XP to level to 15.

The reincarnation grove spams a message saying you cannot reincarnate unit you level up to 15.

How would one work around that?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Turokkr View Post
    Thanks for your post

Iconic PDK are born as Fighter class, with enough XP to level to 15.

The reincarnation grove spams a message saying you cannot reincarnate unit you level up to 15.

How would one work around that?
    I am probably going to delete the toon, and start over. I guess I am wondering, how do I get the PDK to pure level 1 paladin using the +1 heart? I am obviously doing something wrong

I am probably going to delete the toon, and start over. I guess I am wondering, how do I get the PDK to pure level 1 paladin using the +1 heart? I am obviously doing something wrong
    Make PDK. Take 14 levels of paladin beyond your initial fighter level (you'll be at 1 fighter / 14 paladin). Use +1 heart, swap the 1 fighter level to paladin; you'll now have 15 levels of paladin.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Make PDK. Take 14 levels of paladin beyond your initial fighter level (you'll be at 1 fighter / 14 paladin). Use +1 heart, swap the 1 fighter level to paladin; you'll now have 15 levels of paladin.
    Ok, thanks. Then use another +1 heart, to go from level 15 Paladin, to level 1 Paladin?

Ok, thanks. Then use another +1 heart, to go from level 15 Paladin, to level 1 Paladin?
    What? No, iconics start with the XP to take them to 15. There's nothing you can do to get rid of that XP... You'll be starting as a level 15 paladin and going to 30 from there.

Community Member

What? No, iconics start with the XP to take them to 15. There's nothing you can do to get rid of that XP... You'll be starting as a level 15 paladin and going to 30 from there.
    Ahhh...ok...then level from 15 to 30, and then do an Iconic reincarnation from there...

Thanks

Be sure to start Lawful Good - you can't change alignment w/ a Lesser Reincarnation.

What? No, iconics start with the XP to take them to 15. There's nothing you can do to get rid of that XP...
    Not exactly true.

An Iconic can always "refuse training" and start game play below Level 15, but your XP will be "capped" and you'll earn no xp from questing until you're at least Level 14.

(Note that LR does not work the same - you must take all available levels during that process!)

Ahhh...ok...then level from 15 to 30, and then do an Iconic reincarnation from there...
    If you're just going to 30 and IR'ing, couldn't you work 1(+) levels of Fighter into the build? The Pali capstones are nice, but are they dealbreakers?

Community Member

You can create a level 1 iconic on hardcore that has no xp banked at all and transfer to your home server if you want to do so. But you would be required to go to 30 to reincarnate.

One of the most important things you must follow when changing an iconic initial class is to NOT select Iconic when respecing you must select the class you wish to be at level 1 manually like when creating a non Iconic character otherwise level 1 will default to the iconic base class not the one you want.
    Last edited by SoulDustar; 06-27-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Not exactly true.
    An Iconic can always "refuse training" and start game play below Level 15, but your XP will be "capped" and you'll earn no xp from questing until you're at least Level 14.
    (Note that LR does not work the same - you must take all available levels during that process!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDustar View Post
    You can create a level 1 iconic on hardcore that has no xp banked at all and transfer to your home server if you want to do so. But you would be required to go to 30 to reincarnate.
    True, but given that the OP burnt thru (2) +1 hearts already and was going to delete and make a 3rd character to try get a pure paladin pdk... I'd be a bit concerned that the methods we might use as long time players might result in more issues than it is worth for them.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

@OP: Rather than deleting and starting over a third time, try contacting Customer Support and explain what you were trying to do. They may take pity on you and give you a free Heart of Wood +20, which would let you LR your current toon into the desired pure paladin. Good luck!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.