Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FREE brand new DDO1.Z

REJOICE!
    DDO1.Z is going to be available* to all players. Building a new and better way of life for all.

This exciting new game will emerge from the existing DDO you know and love, with the addition of U50 and U51!

With the most excellent features as below:-
    • The key to DDO1.Z - Simplicity and streamlining. All the woo hoo, fun, flexible, interesting bits you loved will be ripped out and replaced with bland but really, really cool stuff (honestly). But it will be so much easier as you will have less choice!
    • All the items and stats stuff will finally be sorted so that everyone will be able to have the same enriching experience. No need to farm for that pesky named item to make your build viable as RNG gear will only be slightly worse. But no worries if you already have the cool gear, it will still be slightly better to compensate for the money and hours you spent gathering it. The team look after your interests all the time
    • To make it fun, fun, fun, you will be able, in epic destinies, to keep clicking every few seconds to keep the really awesome new charge driven abilities going. Endless hours of keyboard mashing. Yay!
    • And the Team will make your path easier. Our expert developers will ensure that, when we adjust the good stuff, we will totally adjust the bad stuff so you can still totally enjoy every quest (probably). This will cover everything:- items, damage, spell DCs, traps, abilities, skills, earned benefits, monster saves, monster DCs, monster damage, monster abilities, monster spells, monster numbers, monster PRR/MRR, monster dodge, monster power etc. ... in a massive and totally flawless change that will be so special (and if - though it is soooo unlikely - mistakes get made, the team will probably adjust them, especially if they benefit you)
    • In DDO1.Z, you will now be able to learn new and invigorating ways to do things and build your characters, all ready for further (paid for) goodness. No need to keep the hard earned knowledge of how to enjoy your favourite characters, DDO1.Z will let you look for new ways to enjoy them. Because Old and mostly working is baaaad, while New and shiney ways will be sooooooooooooooo exciting.
    • As a special bonus, animated tumbleweedTM will be introduced to all public areas to keep them looking busy
    • So get excited DDO1.Z will be so much fun once the team get it right

And this DDO1.Z offer* is TOTALLY FREE!
    And be ready for more Awesome goodness with special stuff you will totally need with DDO1.Z (note you may have to pay for this)

*Note this Free offer is compulsory and you will totally be getting it

Sign me up!

Builds will be in flux for a while, because of all of the new gear being viable all at once, and once that gets more or less solved, BOOM, ED pass.

This is looking to be the best thing to happen to DDO in the entirety of my time playing it

Quote Originally Posted by MacDubh View Post
    REJOICE!
    DDO1.Z is going to be available* to all players. Building a new and better way of life for all.

This exciting new game will emerge from the existing DDO you know and love, with the addition of U50 and U51!

• The key to DDO1.Z - Simplicity and streamlining. All the woo hoo, fun, flexible, interesting bits you loved will be ripped out and replaced with bland but really, really cool stuff (honestly). But it will be so much easier as you will have less choice!
    • All the items and stats stuff will finally be sorted so that everyone will be able to have the same enriching experience. No need to farm for that pesky named item to make your build viable as RNG gear will only be slightly worse. But no worries if you already have the cool gear, it will still be slightly better to compensate for the money and hours you spent gathering it. The team look after your interests all the time
    • To make it fun, fun, fun, you will be able, in epic destinies, to keep clicking every few seconds to keep the really awesome new charge driven abilities going. Endless hours of keyboard mashing. Yay!
    • And the Team will make your path easier. Our expert developers will ensure that, when we adjust the good stuff, we will totally adjust the bad stuff so you can still totally enjoy every quest (probably). This will cover everything:- items, damage, spell DCs, traps, abilities, skills, earned benefits, monster saves, monster DCs, monster damage, monster abilities, monster spells, monster numbers, monster PRR/MRR, monster dodge, monster power etc. ... in a massive and totally flawless change that will be so special (and if - though it is soooo unlikely - mistakes get made, the team will probably adjust them, especially if they benefit you)
    • In DDO1.Z, you will now be able to learn new and invigorating ways to do things and build your characters, all ready for further (paid for) goodness. No need to keep the hard earned knowledge of how to enjoy your favourite characters, DDO1.Z will let you look for new ways to enjoy them. Because Old and mostly working is baaaad, while New and shiney ways will be sooooooooooooooo exciting.
    • As a special bonus, animated tumbleweedTM will be introduced to all public areas to keep them looking busy

And be ready for more Awesome goodness with special stuff you will totally need with DDO1.Z (note you may have to pay for this)

I honestly hope you are wrong but if the changes go through as described and DDO becomes just another generic MMO animated tumbleweedTM will be the best part of DDO end of an era i guess

REJOICE!

A pretty funny post, I'll give you an A for effort ;-)

But honestly, you'd be better off leaving disinterested feedback on the upcoming changes
    in the relevant threads. If you're not happy (and I totally get that you're not; I'm not
    either) then the best thing to do is either play something else or carry on playing
    without paying.

The stat bloat in RL then Sharn then Feywild just to make those xpacs more attractive is
    indefensible.

Community Member

I'll buy that for a dollar.

The button mashing madness they are "giving" us is my least favorite part ..... and will probably be the thing that drives me away

The other stuff ... well we got to make the game more stupid proof cause there is more stupid in the world now ... unfortunately expected
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Quote Originally Posted by Theolin View Post
    The button mashing madness they are "giving" us is my least favorite part ..... and will probably be the thing that drives me away

The other stuff ... well we got to make the game more stupid proof cause there is more stupid in the world now ... unfortunately expected
    I dont understand this argument.

There are notably less active abilities in the new ED system that you can use at once compared to the current system. In what way is that "button mashy"?

Community Member

Gosh how nice of them to do all this free with no plan for recompense.

edit removed to wait for next preview of up date 51 for it is not all working will make a post next preview of what i see
    Last edited by bls904c2; 06-26-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    I dont understand this argument.

There are notably less active abilities in the new ED system that you can use at once compared to the current system. In what way is that "button mashy"?
    I think it's the micro management of builders and spenders. Currently one only
    has to watch cooldowns. With the new system one also has to manage charges.

Many people felt this was tedious and not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by diasho2 View Post
    I honestly hope you are wrong but if the changes go through as described and DDO becomes just another generic MMO animated tumbleweedTM will be the best part of DDO end of an era i guess
    That was honestly my thought too! Animated tumbleweed really sounds awesome. Anyone remember the succubi event in the marketplace that still shows up with purple mists?
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

REJOICE!

I am glad dire charge and mass frog require a hard choice now. Get over it.

So you mock more options being opened up with rescaling loot? Um, Hello?

The number squishing needs to happen and it is.

Get over changes happening or leave. #shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by Karthunk View Post
    I am glad dire charge and mass frog require a hard choice now. Get over it.

So you mock more options being opened up with rescaling loot? Um, Hello?

The number squishing needs to happen and it is.

Get over changes happening or leave. #shrugs

It's not a hard choice if every melee DPS now takes the same exact tier 5 in the same destiny, making the other tier 5's meaningless.

Same generic static stats on 5 different same generic loot isn't really a choice

The inflated numbers for the sole reason to squeeze every penny out of people, then deciding to raise the level cap to make everyone pay to regain the power leves they have previously sold them is a really bad business practice and disdain for your player base

If the people who support the game financially leave and the game shutters #shrugs
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    It's not a hard choice if every melee DPS now takes the same exact tier 5 in the same destiny, making the other tier 5's meaningless.

Same generic static stats on 5 different same generic loot isn't really a choice

The inflated numbers for the sole reason to squeeze every penny out of people, then deciding to raise the level cap to make everyone pay to regain the power leves they have previously sold them is a really bad business practice and disdain for your player base

If the people who support the game financially leave and the game shutters #shrugs
    It was not a hard choice because taking it as a feat was an easy choice.

"To make everyone regain power". When lvl 30 players are currently at the power lvl of 50+ players it needs to be scaled back. I've been saying that player power is ridiculous and I stand by that statement still. This game turned from D&D to Super Heroes Unlimited over time. I welcome the days that one person can't run in front of the group on reaper 1-4 killing everything before the rest of the group catches up.

Yeah, yeah.. it's the old "game is going to shutter" if the small, but loud minority, doesn't get their way. What's the old saying? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It was not a hard choice because taking it as a feat was an easy choice.

"To make everyone regain power". When lvl 30 players are currently at the power lvl of 50+ players it needs to be scaled back. I've been saying that player power is ridiculous and I stand by that statement still. This game turned from D&D to Super Heroes Unlimited over time. I welcome the days that one person can't run in front of the group on reaper 1-4 killing everything before the rest of the group catches up.

Yeah, yeah.. it's the old "game is going to shutter" if the small, but loud minority, doesn't get their way. What's the old saying? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    And you didn't understand anything I posted.

I never posted the stats were fine being inflated..

I posted people have been sold inflated stats for years, and paid chunks of real life cash to acquire items required to play the end game and harder difficulties.

Now that they have soaked every penny out of those people they are taking all of that power away, and trying to resell it as a level cap increase.

THAT will leave a whole lot of very unhappy people.

That isn't a minority, I am not talking about power gamers, I am talking about average players who have been supporting the game.

You are ignoring the actual reaction of the actual player base at your peril, and the peril of the game.
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

And you didn't understand anything I posted.

I never posted the stats were fine being inflated..

I posted people have been sold inflated stats for years, and paid chunks of real life cash to acquire items required to play the end game and harder difficulties.

Now that they have soaked every penny out of those people they are taking all of that power away, and trying to resell it as a level cap increase.

THAT will leave a whole lot of very unhappy people.

That isn't a minority, I am not talking about power gamers, I am talking about average players who have been supporting the game.

You are ignoring the actual reaction of the actual player base at your peril, and the peril of the game.
    Oh, I understand what you're saying just fine and I disagree, as do the people running the ship.

Oh, I understand what you're saying just fine and I disagree, as do the people running the ship*.

* Soon to be sinking

Yes, the people who sold us the power creep, then nerfed it only to sell it back to us through a level cap increase most definatly do not agree with me.
    Last edited by Cernunan; 06-27-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    I think it's the micro management of builders and spenders. Currently one only
    has to watch cooldowns. With the new system one also has to manage charges.

Many people felt this was tedious and not fun.
    pretty much this ... I have 6 things that have a 2 min cooldown & 5 with 6-12 second cool down ... now I get to add charges to get so I can use the things on cool down .....
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Quote Originally Posted by Theolin View Post
    pretty much this ... I have 6 things that have a 2 min cooldown & 5 with 6-12 second cool down ... now I get to add charges to get so I can use the things on cool down .....
    They have already talked about scrapping the charge system.

* Soon to be sinking

Yes, the people who sold us the power creep, then nerfed it only to sell it back to us through a level cap increase most definatly do not agree with me.
    Of course not, how can they profit from it again without removing it first? /s
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast