Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default So what happened to Xoetepia?

Well folkes.. of course my 3 or 4 friends have noticed by now that I'm not on as much. That dependable old me is a giant white void!

Well have no fear folkes, don't worry about me. I'm not ill, I didn't lose an arm wrestling the crab from White Plume Mountain...

What my wife and I did was sign onto a solo adventure campaign, something scary and hugetastic.. something that made me bleed, gave me mad sun burns and well.. no sleep...

We built this...

https://mooseandsquirrelartisanvillage.com/

From the ground up, concept to design, to construction, to everything. We built an Artist Market where crafters, creators, antiquity dealers and vagabonds can sell their wares while eating custom ice cream creations and listening to DJ's and getting cool under a mister when the weather hits +38 celsius (100 Fahrenheit for you weirdos)

Anyhow besides my shameless plug... this is an open invite to anyone travelling Canda to come visit and if let's say you want to perform, or sell or just hang out.. visit us.. we got ice cream

2. 06-25-2021, 12:06 AM

3. 06-25-2021, 01:07 AM

4. 06-25-2021, 04:28 AM

5. 06-25-2021, 07:28 AM

6. 06-25-2021, 09:06 AM

Community Manager

Well that went somewhere. Homophobic attacks will lead to an immediate removal from the forums, and it isn't like the thread even had anything to do with it to begin with. Everything but the OP has had to be removed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Hi Folkes,

Obviously I missed some drama. Fine, a long long time ago I would have done the same. I got kicked off the forums, lost an account or two. Time moves on and you grow up. I grew up. Enough said.

Today was the second day. I worked from 7 am till 2am. I will do this almost every day until November 1st.

Sounds awful.. but to be honest.. I couldn't be happier.

We lost money or rather made only enough money to pay our employees wages and order new product. I know that this will be how it goes for the next year or two. That is the service industry. Work harder then you think you can, make money for everyone else but yourself until one day your concept comes to fruition and you make real money. Now, if I was the kind of person that was purely mercenary that wouldn't be good enough but here is the immediate reward.. we had an amazing band play. And when I decided to relax a bit we had a few drinks, booked a couple parties for July, watched our artists sell some great prints.. and perhaps most of all.. had a ton of fun.

Perhaps one day DDO, or Comic-Con or something else that I care about might set eyes on this humble city and book a gig with us. Or perhaps, one of the many people who know who I once was, or am.. (CLAW, DWAT, IFV, Bacardi, Legion, etc etc) will come to visit. For those who want to hate.. good on ya.. enjoy the bumpy road.. it goes no where, no one cares and you die alone. For those who spend a moment to build something beautiful... well you understand what me and my wife are doing.

Cheers all.. see you in game
    Last edited by Xoetep; 06-27-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Community Member

Default Good week Really Bad Week

The 3 DJ Nights went off with a bang.. on our Facebook Page, Our Instagram and our Website have pictures.

We have a killer band on Saturday.. the opening band Phat Daphne is rockin too.. booze, dancing fun.

In fact everything we planned is going off..

Except for the things you don't plan for.

We buried Angel on Friday. She was 18 years old. A great cat. And today my cat, my daughter Freda (named after Frida Kahlo) passed away from Feline Coronavirus. I buried her in my garden, covered her in a marbled crystal stone and amethysts. Now, I'll get drunk, maybe beat up the first person who says something stupid to me. I take losing a loved one poorly.. like a dog who gets locked in a car while his owner is outside eating a cheeseburger.

Anyhow.. one great and crappy week. See you all in game

Community Member

Good luck!
    I tried to create a signature with just my toon names on my main server and the list was too big to fit in the signature box. 45 toons on Orien. 250 total (as of 1/8/21).
    My name is Maidenstalker and I am an altoholic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maidenstalker View Post
    Good luck!
    TY.. we have Dj's tonight as well!!!

..and i'm wearing my "Mindflayer D20 you rolled a 1" T-Shirt :P

I am a little late to the party here, but congrats and good luck with your venture. If I am ever in syrup land, I will most definitely stop in and say hello. Always good to see folks doing the things they love doing. +1
    Proud member of the ArchAngels guild, Thelanis.
    Policegirl Killz, Porklord Meatfield, Pilfering Pirate.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ifumoveudie View Post
    I am a little late to the party here, but congrats and good luck with your venture. If I am ever in syrup land, I will most definitely stop in and say hello. Always good to see folks doing the things they love doing. +1

OK.. so one of my recipes was called "The Dad Bod".. Maple Nut Ice Cream, Home made Maple cream syrup, Eggo waffle cereal and candied bacon... blaammmMM! So yeah we have syrups.. been making Habanero Mango sauces and many others as well.

The season is almost over and we're going to reduced hours.. which means more game time sort of.

Adding ovens and a hot side next, to meet our next phase.. Vegan/Vegetarian Tapas and a good wine and cocktail list. Fun fun fun. More bands, dj's, art shows and of course I'm building a living vine canopy of grapes and Creeping Virginia's.

That we survived this 1st year is nice. In Canada over 18k restaurants went under due to Covid lockdowns. The average profit margin for those who survived is 2%. Scary year.

Anyhow, work to do, see you all in game.

• While Canada restricts non-essential land, sea, and air entry by most foreign nationals,??fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents travelling for non-essential reasons may be able to enter Canada.??For more information?on entry restrictions, see the?Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) website here.
      • “Non-essential” travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature. “Essential travel”, which is still permitted, includes: work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/covid-19-in...%20in%20Canada.

Couldn't even if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoetep View Post
    OK.. so one of my recipes was called "The Dad Bod".. Maple Nut Ice Cream, Home made Maple cream syrup, Eggo waffle cereal and candied bacon... blaammmMM! So yeah we have syrups.. been making Habanero Mango sauces and many others as well.

The season is almost over and we're going to reduced hours.. which means more game time sort of.

Adding ovens and a hot side next, to meet our next phase.. Vegan/Vegetarian Tapas and a good wine and cocktail list. Fun fun fun. More bands, dj's, art shows and of course I'm building a living vine canopy of grapes and Creeping Virginia's.

That we survived this 1st year is nice. In Canada over 18k restaurants went under due to Covid lockdowns. The average profit margin for those who survived is 2%. Scary year.

Anyhow, work to do, see you all in game.
    That "The Dad Bod" sounds dangerous!!! Your menu sounds on point!

The most important step to long term success is stay in the game! Good luck, sounds cool!
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

So there I was running Saltmarsh on R4 and who should appear? Xoetepia!
    (This might eventually trump the Where's Waldo)
    My 2 mains are Mornyngstar and Seldissan on Thelanis but I also have toons on all servers with those names. Any toon that has Mornyngstar Clan as their last name is most likely me.

Community Member

Back in game more often now..

Sadly I hardly get the chance to murder and gather when I'm hold with my Business Utilities Company

Community Member

Chaos..

Ok.. so Fizzy told me to write something..

LOL

Winter is over. All gone. 2 hot water tanks blew up so now I'm panicking trying to get more. My ice machine arrived and now I have so much work for my plumbers it's crazy but I need it done fast and my new tanks have not arrived. My winches blew up and my electrician said hey why don't you switch to chain instead of airplane cables.. ugg.. I'm a noob.. he saved me tons of cash..

Started a outdoor stage.. looks great.. photos soon to arrive on our instagram.. and don't ask me what my instagram is.. my wife knows.. lol.. I'll post it when she tells me what it is.. again.. noob..

We got our liquor license.. yay! Menu done.. events are in the works and I booked a couple bands but need to book more.

Oh.. and we won an award!

Soon to appear in LUX magazine

So yeah.. gaming for me is going to slow down since I am the chef, the janitor, the bouncer.. the toby and the everything else taht is required buy.. luckily the wife is media and books (and server) because I don't get a day off until October.. yay

glad to hear things are busy!

Community Member

I'm a Great Grandparent!!!

You heard me.. Freda (now deceased, she passed from Feline Covid complications.. the dry version)and Floki (big orange manx.. a true serial killer.. rabbit heads under the couch kind of cat) had a daughter.. Zoe.. a big fluffy orange girl cat.. the Maine Coone showed up in her.. had 4 orange long and short hair Mine Coone crosses!!!

So now I have 7 cats!!! Never mentioned the young rescue cat we adopted a month ago named Alice..

Yeah..

Starting to feel like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys :P

Chaos..

Ok.. so Fizzy told me to write something..

LOL

Winter is over. All gone. 2 hot water tanks blew up so now I'm panicking trying to get more. My ice machine arrived and now I have so much work for my plumbers it's crazy but I need it done fast and my new tanks have not arrived. My winches blew up and my electrician said hey why don't you switch to chain instead of airplane cables.. ugg.. I'm a noob.. he saved me tons of cash..

Started a outdoor stage.. looks great.. photos soon to arrive on our instagram.. and don't ask me what my instagram is.. my wife knows.. lol.. I'll post it when she tells me what it is.. again.. noob..

We got our liquor license.. yay! Menu done.. events are in the works and I booked a couple bands but need to book more.

Oh.. and we won an award!

Soon to appear in LUX magazine

So yeah.. gaming for me is going to slow down since I am the chef, the janitor, the bouncer.. the toby and the everything else taht is required buy.. luckily the wife is media and books (and server) because I don't get a day off until October.. yay

Just read what was available, good luck mate!

Wish you the best, pop up to say hi whenever you can!

(Darkzess/stormfists)
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Community Member

Ok wow.. busy last couple weeks..

Had a member of parliament visit us. Had Crystal Lightning and Red Cloud visit and perform for us. met a cousin I never knew before who has done some really good film.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

The guest chef Victor Hugo killed it..

Great bands booked and more booking and yet..

OMG.. I need to streamline my kitchen. I'm a good cook but working small spaces is brutal.. learned huge choke points where I'd get murdered if it was in game..

Baking pork shoulders daily.. sangria.. invented 3 new drinks of very fine liquor loveliness..

and, yes.. when I get to game I'm solo and maybe hitting 5 quests before zzzzzzzzzzzz

1 kitten gone.. keeping 2 and 1 has to go but how do I choose?

nuff nuff.. need bourbon.. Huzzah all

1 kitten gone.. keeping 2 and 1 has to go but how do I choose?
    Let them fight!

Community Member

wow 3 days off.. not really but just can't open the restaurant due to storms. Normally we get 330 days of sunshine a year but wow.. we're in the third day of storms.. hell I just had a small creek in my house yesterday

Needed it anyhow.. had the best weekend ever.. hand bands during the day 3 days in a row.. then Friday had a blues/jazz band which packed the house till 1am.. and then Saturday we had DJ's spinning until 2 am.. basically we worked 8am till 2am both night..

...got the health board to approve my use of out door commercial grills and bbqs.. so I built a grill pit. Did 13 pork shoulders and added that to the menu. Making my own spicy sweet bbq sauce.. and next year I'm getting a smoker.. going to be epic..

Oh yeah Zoey my cat had babies.. 4 of em.. we gave a away one kitten but I refused to give a kitten away to a woman who had a parrot, a lonely parrot and she wanted to adopt a kitten so the bird would have a friend.. totally not happening since I raise my cats to kill birds lol.. and since my wife can't decide which cat to give away well.... we kept them all... so now I have 6 cats.. the kittens are Maine Coone crosses.. Lars, Rachel and Hannah..

beyond that.. ugg.. ddo down for restart.. guess I'll go watch Peaky Blinders...

Community Member

This is awesome!
    Thelanis: Anihsod ( drood ), Dexlorum ( nannybot ), Kiriagi ( thief ), Galrisian ( paladerp ) Hirp Dirp ( bard )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast