Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Had forgotten about this. Checked their site - and ZOMBIELAND theme?!? Road trip!!

I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find an address. Canada. Bummer. I'm the only one in the fam right now with a current passport.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Had forgotten about this. Checked their site - and ZOMBIELAND theme?!? Road trip!!

I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find an address. Canada. Bummer. I'm the only one in the fam right now with a current passport.
    Thx man.. yeah zombie week was fun. This year. tributes to Pulp Fiction, True Blood.. most definitely a D&D week... and Canada is a beast. Had -50 for a week here this winter, had to hide in the house but the summers are hot and dry. Great road trip country.

This year is looking great. I improved my menu. Adding a Sunday brunch and more BBQ. Smoked and brined chicken, Montreal smoked meat and Cuban style ham. Then there's the hamburger!. Not telling too much yet but omg.. I ate like 4 this week lol. New murals, more musical performances and another pergola.

..and my lovely wife has been working on merchandise (t-shirts, and stickers for the first year). She also built a website for a clothing and merchandise line for a local artist and friend. She also organized our entry into the Food and Beverage show coming up end of February. **** I couldn't do this business without her.. I might be the chef but she's the brains.

Oh.. did I mention we now have 7 cats...

..and if anyone is curious.. I have a mildly active instagram account.. "Xoetepia6"

..I better run.. need energy drinks.. see you all in game

Community Member

Well..

Moose and squirrel Bistro reopens in 2 weeks!!

And gaming will drop a lot.. like .. who knows when I'll play.

I've got to reconnect plumbing, sand and stain a countertop and the ramps. Finish the elctrical, get more murals done on the outside walls, prep, order, hire, stock.. and on and on. Not sure if people have ever built, owned and operated a restaurant/bar but oh.. there is a lot of work... and once we open I work 16 hour days, 6 days a week for 6 months..

..but it is fun. We already booked the whole season with music.. upgraded our bar.. added draft beer.. and best yet.. the menu!!

I added in New York style pastrami! I'm even doing a last minute change to add brisket meet to my hand pressed burgers for a juicier burger (ran the tests last night and omg.. **** good). Yes.. I'm the chef.. and I doubt taht I can find a helper so just like last year it's me all alone. Just a hint.. one busy night I did 86 tables by myself over a dinner rush and you're talking all hand made food.. not pre-fab.

So.. if anyone wants to see a band.. get a cold beer.. or just watch a super stressed out cook.. we're in the SE of Alberta in a tiny crazy city called Medicine Hat.

Mooseandsquirrelbistro.com

Cheers all..

Community Member

So I was running with a bunch of great guys in Leg Assault on Stormreach, when the wife started yelling that our place was on TV!

Had to log..

We got featured on a documentary filmed last year. So if anyone wants to see my place.. we are the outdoor bistro featured at teh start and end of the documentary. The one with all the murals and plants.. hell even my wife is filmed and my parents are in an audience shot..

so if you are bored here is the link..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=j-dl3wSSqo&feature=share

"Medicine Hat Folk Music Club documentary by TELUS

Default nice!

really cool stuff

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    really cool stuff
    thank you.. busting my butt off getting ready for tuesday.. going to be a fun summer

Quote Originally Posted by Xoetep View Post
    So I was running with a bunch of great guys in Leg Assault on Stormreach, when the wife started yelling that our place was on TV!

Had to log..

We got featured on a documentary filmed last year. So if anyone wants to see my place.. we are the outdoor bistro featured at teh start and end of the documentary. The one with all the murals and plants.. hell even my wife is filmed and my parents are in an audience shot..

so if you are bored here is the link..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=j-dl3wSSqo&feature=share

"Medicine Hat Folk Music Club documentary by TELUS

Getting "Video not available."

EDIT:

Did a manual YT search and found it.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Getting "Video not available."

EDIT: