Community Member

Default epic destiny revamp

Hello fellow monks. You really really need to check out what is being done to the epic destinies. I scoured all of the changes and they are pretty bad for monks in general. Please make your voice heard. This could very well be the death of the monk.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ter-of-Flowers

some of the highlights I dug through and discovered...

Moving dire charge into LD tier 5 vs a feat - this is a terrible idea, and completely wrecks monks
    Removing mass frog as a feat - it looks lie its in Primal avatar - moved no less to further bury monks
    With the removal of EIN from GMOF, you are neutering my monk.

Nerfs:
    You have removed +1W from the old GMOF (used to be able to get +2)
    Doublestrike potential reduced by 6% from 9% in old GMOF to 3%
    Melee Power has been decreased to +30 from +60 in old GMOF
    Dodge reduced from 6% in old GMOF to 3%
    Removal of EIN (6 mobs instakill)
    Removal of Mass Frog (wis based instakill)
    Haste Boost removed from LD - i truly hope this is just an error. you just killed melee if this is the case

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    Hello fellow monks. You really really need to check out what is being done to the epic destinies. I scoured all of the changes and they are pretty bad for monks in general. Please make your voice heard. This could very well be the death of the monk.

some of the highlights I dug through and discovered...

It's super easy to make everything seem awful if you only list your dislikes and frame everything through that view, while providing no context for how those proposed changes affect all classes and roles overall.

You also hyper-focus on small number adjustments when the update is probably 4-6 months away and freely acknowledged by devs as being a very early preview that will see many changes.

Many of your noticed 'nerfs' aren't even correct when you take into account the larger picture of the ED changes, and the number balancing will happen later on in the process as usual anyways.

This isn't the closest upcoming update, and I'd expect a very different picture when we get to a Preview 2 further down the line.

There's plenty of work to be done. Rallying people to check out the changes is awesome, but keep it productive and open-minded rather than crying doom just yet, right?

Everyone should go check out the previews and form their own opinions on things, then get their feedback out there. Trying to whip up an angry mob rarely helps :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    It's super easy to make everything seem awful if you only list your dislikes and frame everything through that view, while providing no context for how those proposed changes affect all classes and roles overall.

You also hyper-focus on small number adjustments when the update is probably 4-6 months away and freely acknowledged by devs as being a very early preview that will see many changes.

Many of your noticed 'nerfs' aren't even correct when you take into account the larger picture of the ED changes, and the number balancing will happen later on in the process as usual anyways.

This isn't the closest upcoming update, and I'd expect a very different picture when we get to a Preview 2 further down the line.

There's plenty of work to be done. Rallying people to check out the changes is awesome, but keep it productive and open-minded rather than crying doom just yet, right?

Everyone should go check out the previews and form their own opinions on things, then get their feedback out there. Trying to whip up an angry mob rarely helps :P
    Howdy there!!

Well, to be honest, there currently, and I stress currently, isn't that much to be happy about, and many many folks have already voiced their displeasure with this tree on the Lam thread.

Yes, I'll admit, I was super upset to see that the 3 main abilities that I use as an end game monk were destroyed/and or moved. I have a right to be, as that is how I play. It was a snap judgement/post as I have played this build, and continued to play this build through all of the monk nerfs and still hang in there. (I always figure a way out how to make it viable) Other people use the same abilities and if you scroll through that specific Lam Thread, you will see this re-occurring pattern of displeasure. Alot of times people don't read the previews and go to Lam, so hence the call for people to really check it out, so they are at least able to comment (which many folks did...not just me). Sometimes people don't even know these types of notes are up, unless they click on the Lammania tree.

That said, Lynnabel calmed most of us down with a laundry list of fixes that would make GMOF better. She even mentioned that she agrees that this is a good tree for non-monks, but not a good tree for people who play monk (like myself). She mentioned that she will be focused to turn that around. It was actually a very constructive forum post. I am not one to post doom and gloom posts, but when it comes to monks, I will most definitely present my case when something doesn't look right.

Im sure there will be more previews, but for me, as a die-hard monk, it was hard to hear that my main 3 weapons were being taken away. Oh well, we shall see what the cards hold! I do want to hear from you on what you think isnt correct about my nerf listing. I think one of them is probably the Melee Power, which I now know I can get by crossing into other trees. I think you can also make up doublestrike by corssing trees. In tested the heck out of these and used every combo I could think of. It doesn't make up for me AOE instakills

Looking forward to seeing what happens! thanks for the reply

Nico

I am going to tr back to monk
    I have my dire wolf belt
    I have my runes for raid family blessing
    I have a ml5 reaper cob hat

I need to do martial and divine pl
    About 6?

Once last run for monk
    After they do their thing u won’t recognize it

I may give some feedback
    I don’t want to design them a 15 point star