Default R10 Fun with Friends

I have been wanting to run an R10 Heroic TR for some time. With HC league taking a big chunk out of our server population, and with enough fellow masochists, we finally put together a static group for our own hardcore challenge. We chose not to start at level 1, but decided that level 3 (pre reaper points) should provide adequate challenge.

The team of six includes: A bard healer/cc, warlock blaster/cc, ranged repeater/trapper, an evasion tank/trapper, a monk and a bearbarian. Half the party hails from the European Continent while the other half is North American. We quest 3 days a week for about 6-8 hours/week.

The early levels before reaper points and before the ability to raise dead were a bit brutal. There were very few exceptions to our 'Everything must be R10' rule. For practicality we completed the Baudry Cartaman chain, completing the ones that can not be reaped to get to the ones that could. Retrieving the Stolen Goods required one of our evasion members to jibs for the completion.

Initially my screen shotting was limited, we were happy just to get the completions and actually level. We were more focused on binding in the closest tavern because the wipes were fairly regular. For those who have done this or are contemplating it, there really is no way to clear a room with 2 screaming fears and a vengence reaper at level 3-5. Your HP simply does not allow you to survive a fear dot and once the healer goes down, outside the reach of a shrine, it's release/repeat.

Reviewing my list of screen shots, I saw that my first one occurred in The Stones Run Red, this was taken because this run was our first flawless completion. After that, I got better at documenting our progress.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

IF SSG has been anything, they’ve consistently shown a rather vengeful streak for those who care the most about their game and try to push the limits. - Shadow_Jumper

There is definently a difference between old content and newer content. Catacombs and even Waterworks was a relative cake walk compared to the Gate Keepers quests. The Home of Memory was particularly difficult to complete. We could not yet Raise Dead and struggled to get the whole party through the first portal and access the first shrine.

Once we had the ability to Raise Dead, things changed, the wipe/release became wipe/recover and by about level 7, we stopped wiping so frequently. Feywild was hit and miss, with some easy completions alongside some of our most brutal deathfests. Immortality Lessons has so far been our worst, with 57 total deaths, and approximately 50 of those occurring in the end fight.

R10 The Pit was, by comparison, much easier than Immortality Lessons, including the defeat of an R10 Muck Doom.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

IF SSG has been anything, they’ve consistently shown a rather vengeful streak for those who care the most about their game and try to push the limits. - Shadow_Jumper

We have worked our way up to level 12. The only quest we have failed to complete up to now has been R10 Chronoscope, despite some help from a few additional guildies and some friends of the Gland community. We went in with 11, including 3 toons spec'd as healers. The bank fight mechanic was too difficult to overcome in the time frame that we could reasonably expect people to stay for. Blood Plate dots up melee with a rotting maggot disease that ticks heavily in R10, too heavily for level 8 healers to keep up with. When the party wipes in the bank, you are teleported back to the start/shrine and get to try it all over again on a boss that goes back to full health.

Newcomers R10 was someone's (will remain nameless) questionable idea of a good time.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

I would like to thank the others who joined us today for the 2 raid completions, Von 5/6

And Tempest Spine. Thank you to Metocin of Omnipresence, Wuberino of Legions of Hell and the Helter Skelters who are not part of our R10 leveling group.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

I am including a screen shot from one of our wipes in WPM, we actually completed this with the end fight being pretty easy, but the wipe was epic in the number of reapers that spawned. The ones in the screen shot are only the ones I pulled back from the main party, killing a famine and a plague before this screen shot was taken. The ranger was able to widdle down a few before he died. All in all we were facing ~ 9 reapers in one mob spawn.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

The group has now reached level 15. Before taking that, we flagged for ADQ. That completed, we attempted DQ with 5 members of the group. Several things were working against us, firstly, attempting the raid with 5 =P,only 3 being evasion toons, only 2 ranged players in the group (including Elk the tank) and the DQ hitting like the DQ. The first flag we ran was WK, and I was honestly so happy to have it done, that I forgot to screenshot it, the rest are included. The team was most pessimistic about OOB because of the respawns, but you just can't zerg it R10 heroic at level with all the reapers, so we did get some respawns.

Our goal is to get to 20 running only R10s so we moved on, right into Invaders R10, short man, missing our CC. It was just short of our record blood bath in Immortality Lessons. Considering we had one less person racking-up deaths, I would say it equaled or rivaled that record holder.

We are now rolling through Giant Hold. This is no zerg of a TR, more like flower sniffing, but I think I speak for everyone when I say we are having a good time with this project.
    Last edited by Fallout47; 06-09-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    HELTER SKELTER - Orien

So the project was completed on 7/31/2021. I have been procrastinating in making the last post with screenshots. Several things in RL came up that delayed our completion. One of our members dropped out of the group entirely, one suffered from spotty internet connections at the end and one experienced a death in the family that resulted in about a month pause. Five of us made it to 20 and only 4 were able to complete the last quest, fittingly, 'Reach For the Sky'. Experience point acrual varied and a few needed this last quest plus the saga to cap.

The Archon's Chain:

Orchard:

And a few from Sharn/Cogs:

A lot of words I can't repeat here with this one

We did finish, but as with Epic, it is painful at R10 in heroics

And finally this was completed on 7/31/2021, after a five week pause for some unfortunate RL events.

I would like to thank all who participated. Three of us have decided to continue from 20 to 30 after summer vacations are completed. We will be forming this coming week. We have filled 5 of the 6 slots with the help of non-guild friends and are just looking for that one additional person who can run CC.
    Last edited by Fallout47; 08-28-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    HELTER SKELTER - Orien

Reserved.
    HELTER SKELTER - Orien

Default and.....

....the best is yet to come!

probably the most funny and challenging thing I have done in this game! Thanks folks!

cheers
    Elk
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Community Member

I find this thread the most genuinely impressive thread on achievement section in the last 2 years.

Amazing work guys, really hands down am impressed.

Please keep us updated with progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

I've wanted to do an R10 heroic life myself. Very cool that you got a group together and did it successfully.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout47 View Post
    So the project was completed on 7/31/2021. I have been procrastinating in making the last post with screenshots. Several things in RL came up that delayed our completion. One of our members dropped out of the group entirely, one suffered from spotty internet connections at the end and one experienced a death in the family that resulted in about a month pause. Five of us made it to 20 and only 4 were able to complete the last quest, fittingly, 'Reach For the Sky'. Experience point acrual varied and a few needed this last quest plus the saga to cap.

*****snip****

And finally this was completed on 7/31/2021, after a five week pause for some unfortunate RL events.
    I would like to thank all who participated. Three of us have decided to continue from 20 to 30 after summer vacations are completed. We will be forming this coming week. We have filled 5 of the 6 slots with the help of non-guild friends and are just looking for that one additional person who can run CC.
    That was one boatload of fun. Never had so much fun dying all over the place!

cheers
    Elk the DeadNought (tm)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Community Member

Did you end up doing Twilight Forge & Titan Awakes? I know someone who wanted to get in on that but the timing didn't quite work out.

Quote Originally Posted by kpak01 View Post
    Did you end up doing Twilight Forge & Titan Awakes? I know someone who wanted to get in on that but the timing didn't quite work out.
    Yes on Twilight Forge, no on Titan. We tried Titan but there were no safe spots and everyone was a 1-shot. Recovery was impossible for us, as the Titan agroed any time someone jibbed.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

Impressive
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Thanks for documenting our fun @Fallout
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Default the Journey went on to 30...

We decided to keep going with some team changes and the occasional friend to help. Most of the time with a 5 people team.
    Unfortunately we have had some hard-disk mishap and are working on recovering our documentation (hopefully!).
    In the meanwhile, I am posting an appetizer
    This was a lot of fun!

Default Amazing

Amazing concept, and more amazing execution. I can't even imagine how hard that was pre-Raise Dead.

Wow... just wow.
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

oh my lord I missed this thread.

I had a ton of fun reading through these and looking at the screen shots.

I have a vivid imagination of what "Invaders" was like!

<3

<3
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

Default belated congratulations!

Awesome fun. About 10 months ago 2 of my best friends on Thelanis (Gezus and Milburnion by toon name) and I made a project to do every single quest in Heroics on r10. We took breaks for Hardcore seasons and running archtypes etc. But as of this date we have completed every single heroic quest (not raids) on r10 except 1 (Weapon Shipment in amrath-- we are struggling to keep the lady alive to get to end fights). Some with many deaths: Toee p2 (prior to the change and division of Toee into like 7 quests at level 8) cost us 199 deaths among our team. I haven't documented every quest but did take screen shots of some of the harder ones (Acute Delerium and Terminal Delerium for example. In the Flesh was difficult because of the ending as well as some others.). I hope one of our team and/or myself posts a thread like yours...I have to find where the control -P pics end up on my computer...not techno savvy :P.

We have gone back and done all the updated (through 58) quests that have come out as well.

While the 3 of us did all we had some great rotating help at times with some other regular toons (Kinarhd example) and will post those frequent helper names when we make our thread. First we are trying to figure how to finish that last one....

You all blazed a first trail. Congrats. And as your team experienced it was awesome fun with the awesome challenge!

Xeang