Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default R10 Fun with Friends

I have been wanting to run an R10 Heroic TR for some time. With HC league taking a big chunk out of our server population, and with enough fellow masochists, we finally put together a static group for our own hardcore challenge. We chose not to start at level 1, but decided that level 3 (pre reaper points) should provide adequate challenge.

The team of six includes: A bard healer/cc, warlock blaster/cc, ranged repeater/trapper, an evasion tank/trapper, a monk and a bearbarian. Half the party hails from the European Continent while the other half is North American. We quest 3 days a week for about 6-8 hours/week.

The early levels before reaper points and before the ability to raise dead were a bit brutal. There were very few exceptions to our 'Everything must be R10' rule. For practicality we completed the Baudry Cartaman chain, completing the ones that can not be reaped to get to the ones that could. Retrieving the Stolen Goods required one of our evasion members to jibs for the completion.

Initially my screen shotting was limited, we were happy just to get the completions and actually level. We were more focused on binding in the closest tavern because the wipes were fairly regular. For those who have done this or are contemplating it, there really is no way to clear a room with 2 screaming fears and a vengence reaper at level 3-5. Your HP simply does not allow you to survive a fear dot and once the healer goes down, outside the reach of a shrine, it's release/repeat.

Reviewing my list of screen shots, I saw that my first one occurred in The Stones Run Red, this was taken because this run was our first flawless completion. After that, I got better at documenting our progress.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

IF SSG has been anything, they’ve consistently shown a rather vengeful streak for those who care the most about their game and try to push the limits. - Shadow_Jumper

There is definently a difference between old content and newer content. Catacombs and even Waterworks was a relative cake walk compared to the Gate Keepers quests. The Home of Memory was particularly difficult to complete. We could not yet Raise Dead and struggled to get the whole party through the first portal and access the first shrine.

Once we had the ability to Raise Dead, things changed, the wipe/release became wipe/recover and by about level 7, we stopped wiping so frequently. Feywild was hit and miss, with some easy completions alongside some of our most brutal deathfests. Immortality Lessons has so far been our worst, with 57 total deaths, and approximately 50 of those occurring in the end fight.

R10 The Pit was, by comparison, much easier than Immortality Lessons, including the defeat of an R10 Muck Doom.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

IF SSG has been anything, they’ve consistently shown a rather vengeful streak for those who care the most about their game and try to push the limits. - Shadow_Jumper

We have worked our way up to level 12. The only quest we have failed to complete up to now has been R10 Chronoscope, despite some help from a few additional guildies and some friends of the Gland community. We went in with 11, including 3 toons spec'd as healers. The bank fight mechanic was too difficult to overcome in the time frame that we could reasonably expect people to stay for. Blood Plate dots up melee with a rotting maggot disease that ticks heavily in R10, too heavily for level 8 healers to keep up with. When the party wipes in the bank, you are teleported back to the start/shrine and get to try it all over again on a boss that goes back to full health.

Newcomers R10 was someone's (will remain nameless) questionable idea of a good time.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

I would like to thank the others who joined us today for the 2 raid completions, Von 5/6

And Tempest Spine. Thank you to Metocin of Omnipresence, Wuberino of Legions of Hell and the Helter Skelters who are not part of our R10 leveling group.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

I am including a screen shot from one of our wipes in WPM, we actually completed this with the end fight being pretty easy, but the wipe was epic in the number of reapers that spawned. The ones in the screen shot are only the ones I pulled back from the main party, killing a famine and a plague before this screen shot was taken. The ranger was able to widdle down a few before he died. All in all we were facing ~ 9 reapers in one mob spawn.

HELTER SKELTER - Orien

The group has now reached level 15. Before taking that, we flagged for ADQ. That completed, we attempted DQ with 5 members of the group. Several things were working against us, firstly, attempting the raid with 5 =P,only 3 being evasion toons, only 2 ranged players in the group (including Elk the tank) and the DQ hitting like the DQ. The first flag we ran was WK, and I was honestly so happy to have it done, that I forgot to screenshot it, the rest are included. The team was most pessimistic about OOB because of the respawns, but you just can't zerg it R10 heroic at level with all the reapers, so we did get some respawns.

Our goal is to get to 20 running only R10s so we moved on, right into Invaders R10, short man, missing our CC. It was just short of our record blood bath in Immortality Lessons. Considering we had one less person racking-up deaths, I would say it equaled or rivaled that record holder.

We are now rolling through Giant Hold. This is no zerg of a TR, more like flower sniffing, but I think I speak for everyone when I say we are having a good time with this project.
    Last edited by Fallout47; 06-09-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    HELTER SKELTER - Orien