Angry Is Ring of Shadowblades like a Blade Barrier but Stronger and with no Max Caster Lvl?

Is Ring of Shadowblades like a Blade Barrier but Stronger and with no Max Caster Lvl?
    And with an epic feat that adds +10 to its max caster level?

I haven't bought the tree in the store yet so I can't test it out. I thought it was strong when I heard about Greater Color Spray, but does this ability work like Blade Barrier?
    Last edited by darkniteyogi; 05-05-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    Is Ring of Shadowblades like a Blade Barrier but Stronger and with no Max Caster Lvl?
    And with an epic feat that adds +10 to its max caster level?

I haven't bought the tree in the store yet so I can't test it out. I thought it was strong when I heard about Greater Color Spray, but does this ability work like Blade Barrier?
    Yes.

As to Max Caster level, it is probably 20 without, and 30 with, Master of Shadowblades.

I have played Feydark Illusionist a lot, and I don't really enjoy the style of play that Ring of Shadowblades promotes. If the rest of your build is good, you should not need to use it much. I only put 1 point into it, and rarely use it. But it depends on whether your build has enough DPS and is robust enough not to need to kite.

For example, my last toon was Air Domain / Feydark Cleric (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Domain-Feydark). With Chain Lightning, Lightning, Fan of Shadowblades, Shadowblade and (in Epics) Arcane Tempest (fantastic T6 SLA from Magister tree, really goes well with Feydark Illusionist), I didn't really use Ring of Shadowblades much at all. Ditto in various other lives, although I did find it necessary to use it in a Swashbuckling shortsword Bard/FVS SWF build.
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 05-16-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarkarion View Post
    Yes.

As to Max Caster level, it is probably 20 without, and 30 with, Master of Shadowblades.

I have played Feydark Illusionist a lot, and I don't really enjoy the style of play that Ring of Shadowblades promotes. If the rest of your build is good, you should not need to use it much. I only put 1 point into it, and rarely use it. But it depends on whether your build has enough DPS and is robust enough not to need to kite.

For example, my last toon was Air Domain / Feydark Cleric (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Domain-Feydark). With Chain Lightning, Lightning, Fan of Shadowblades, Shadowblade and (in Epics) Arcane Tempest (fantastic T6 SLA from Magister tree, really goes well with Feydark Illusionist), I didn't really use Ring of Shadowblades much at all. Ditto in various other lives, although I did find it necessary to use it in a Swashbuckling shortsword Bard/FVS SWF build.
    thanks for the reply!

Yes, Blade barrier/Ring of Shadowblades would be a spell that can get in the way of one's playstyle or others (If grouping). But i think there are ways to use it to maximize its potential,. Once upon a time, Blade Barrier was the strongest (Imo) spell in Heroics. I am playing a Spellsinger/Feydark Bard atm, Level 8 currently. Will see how it goes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    thanks for the reply!

Yes, Blade barrier/Ring of Shadowblades would be a spell that can get in the way of one's playstyle or others (If grouping). But i think there are ways to use it to maximize its potential,. Once upon a time, Blade Barrier was the strongest (Imo) spell in Heroics. I am playing a Spellsinger/Feydark Bard atm, Level 8 currently. Will see how it goes
    Keep us updated how's it's for zerging.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

At least, Ring of Shadowblades has superior graphics over the normal Blade Barrier. It looks so much better.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"