Default Spirit Binders on Hardcore

I know that the primary purpose of Spirit Binders is to change the respawn point of PCs.

But that point is kind of rendered moot due to the main rule of Hardcore League.

Why are they still in the game?

Is it easier to leave them in the game than to remove them or write new lines of dialogue just for one server?

Admittedly, I can see one reason they're still in the game: Mummy Rot.

Since that's the bane of all PCs, that may justify them still being on the server.

There is also no reason for Siberys Spirit Cakes or res shrines to be on Hardcore League, as they do not save your life.

Carry pots (Remove Curse and Cure Disease) to remove Mummy Rot, or play a WF/BF.

Spirit Cakes: You can use one to revive yourself from incap if you survive long enough to use it!

So, I guess they are just there for comic relief. Ya know, remind your friends to bind so they don't have to make the walk of shame from Korthos.....oh wait....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duscara View Post

Is it easier to leave them in the game than to remove them or write new lines of dialogue just for one server?

A) You see a reason for their use. So your point is already ... what?

B) Seriously ? Do you think they manually add everything to every game instance from the ground up every time they build a server? Decide which NPCs to put in one by one? Of course it's easier to just leave things as they are, generally. Why does it matter if they're still in the game?

C) Already above

D) Other things can res besides players.

E) B.

spirit cakes can be used on others including hires. if your team mate is down to -5 and you use a cake on him, ask him how worthless that cake was

I got to use my free cake from Korthos like this to the surprise of the party and great relief of the guy I saved.
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

I know that the primary purpose of Spirit Binders is to change the respawn point of PCs.

But that point is kind of rendered moot due to the main rule of Hardcore League.

Why are they still in the game?

Since that's the bane of all PCs, that may justify them still being on the server.

There is also no reason for Siberys Spirit Cakes or res shrines to be on Hardcore League, as they do not save your life.
    Honestly I have always thought the spirit binders should have a purpose. Here is my crazy idea. Any character over level 10 can use one to resurrect themselves. With the following caveats. It would require a large amount of plat... like maybe 5k plat per level of your character. Must be paid in advance and updated every time you level. When you bite the big one you will be resurrected but at level 1. You have the leveling xp hit you get when you TR on live. The only benefit is you would keep all your gear and known spells. Second if you choose to go this route the second time around the price is doubled and again on the third time. Ie by your second death it would cost 20k plat per level for your third life. Lastly 3 strikes and you are out. So not quite free lives but you would pay a steep price both in the xp required to level and the monetary price. Just a wild thought.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Honestly I have always thought the spirit binders should have a purpose. Here is my crazy idea. Any character over level 10 can use one to resurrect themselves. With the following caveats. It would require a large amount of plat... like maybe 5k plat per level of your character. Must be paid in advance and updated every time you level. When you bite the big one you will be resurrected but at level 1. You have the leveling xp hit you get when you TR on live. The only benefit is you would keep all your gear and known spells. Second if you choose to go this route the second time around the price is doubled and again on the third time. Ie by your second death it would cost 20k plat per level for your third life. Lastly 3 strikes and you are out. So not quite free lives but you would pay a steep price both in the xp required to level and the monetary price. Just a wild thought.

I am not sure if you understand the point of the Hardcore server.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoArgo View Post
    I am not sure if you understand the point of the Hardcore server.
    4th season. Many toon lives lost. I do understand it. However, the devs opened the door for this type of thing last season. Second you still end up a level 1 and have to relevel so its almost like death. the only benefit is you get to keep your gear and known spells and you pay a huge cost. At the end the only difference between death and reroll and this you get to keep your stuff. Not a huge deal in my opinion and the cost of that is high!

Yes.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Pointless extra work for no benefit of any kind. Hard to see why the devs don't leap all over that one.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.