Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    As it seems that Feywild isn't appearing in the store anytime soon any suggestions for what gear to look for from other areas? (Non-Raiding)

Just for the sake of whats left of my sanity, please don't suggest anything from Soul Splitter chain. Like ever Still missing a couple of bits from soul survivor. Probably have to use the Kinetic Orb from Rosemary's Ballad rather than the sonic one.

Thanks
    I mean the soul splitter set is really, really good. But anyway, here's what I'd do if I didn't have feywild and didn't wanna use soul splitter. This is a quick and dirty put together thing but should net you a good amount of damage and control. The feywild dreamer set is good for a lot of reasons but yeah, anyway.

Main hand: U49 Resonance Scepter
    Offhand: U49 Impulse Scepter
    Eyes: Legendary Dusk Lenses (Esoteric)
    Helm: Legendary Arcsteel Brim
    Neck: Sigil of Regalport (This drops from any sharn quest, I've seen several and they don't seem that rare)
    Body: Legendary Order's Garb (Esoteric)
    Wrists: Legendary Aetherband (Esoteric)
    Cloak: I mean legendary gossamer weave real good but if you CBA to do Soul Splitter, Legendary Cloak of the City
    Belt: Legendary Bronze Dragonscale Belt
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers (Qual CHA 5)
    Ring: Legendary Shattered Onyx (Ins CHA 10)
    Ring: Slavers - False Life | Radiance Lore | Perform | Quality CON
    Trinket: Slavers - Resistance | Devotion | Spellcraft | Quality PRR

Idk, something like that. If you switch out one of the trinkets to replace to spell focus (-1 DCs bleh) for the slavers helmet and then add slavers endurance you can get some additional set bonuses to defenses.

This is a rough and dirty gear set that I did off the top of my head so it can probably be improved - I'd recommend taking some time with gear tetris.

The new scepters are a lot better than alternatives for spell power and the extra evo on the impulse scepter is super nice. There's not great sources of spell DCs outside of soul splitter/feywild so that's the bit you're gonna have to look at.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I mean the soul splitter set is really, really good. But anyway, here's what I'd do if I didn't have feywild and didn't wanna use soul splitter. This is a quick and dirty put together thing but should net you a good amount of damage and control. The feywild dreamer set is good for a lot of reasons but yeah, anyway.

Main hand: U49 Resonance Scepter
    Offhand: U49 Impulse Scepter
    Eyes: Legendary Dusk Lenses (Esoteric)
    Helm: Legendary Arcsteel Brim
    Neck: Sigil of Regalport (This drops from any sharn quest, I've seen several and they don't seem that rare)
    Body: Legendary Order's Garb (Esoteric)
    Wrists: Legendary Aetherband (Esoteric)
    Cloak: I mean legendary gossamer weave real good but if you CBA to do Soul Splitter, Legendary Cloak of the City
    Belt: Legendary Bronze Dragonscale Belt
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers (Qual CHA 5)
    Ring: Legendary Shattered Onyx (Ins CHA 10)
    Ring: Slavers - False Life | Radiance Lore | Perform | Quality CON
    Trinket: Slavers - Resistance | Devotion | Spellcraft | Quality PRR

Idk, something like that. If you switch out one of the trinkets to replace to spell focus (-1 DCs bleh) for the slavers helmet and then add slavers endurance you can get some additional set bonuses to defenses.

This is a rough and dirty gear set that I did off the top of my head so it can probably be improved - I'd recommend taking some time with gear tetris.

The new scepters are a lot better than alternatives for spell power and the extra evo on the impulse scepter is super nice. There's not great sources of spell DCs outside of soul splitter/feywild so that's the bit you're gonna have to look at.
    Thank you.

Just to clarify a little: it's not that I CBA to run the quests it's that my eyes may start to bleed if I run it again. On the plus side Leg. Sinsoul and Hook are responsible for getting 2 more filagree slots.....
    Last edited by Garix; 04-28-2021 at 02:21 AM.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

Word of advice on this build: any interrupts need to be placed on toolbar 5
    Against stupidity the very gods
    Themselves contend in vain.
    - Friedrich Schiller The Maid of Orleans

Feel bad about asking for alternative items now. They just released Feywild in the store

Thanks all the same
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Feel bad about asking for alternative items now. They just released Feywild in the store

Thanks all the same
    No worries. Fall and winter combined sets work pretty well for this build if you still want to avoid the feywild dreamer set.
    ~Sarlona~

No worries. Fall and winter combined sets work pretty well for this build if you still want to avoid the feywild dreamer set.
    It's not that I don't want the feywild set is that I can't get it. The gloves (or the orb for that matter) just don't want to drop for me. I've had 4 characters permanently on ransack for some time trying to get the gloves without luck. I've just TR/ETR two characters just to stop running Soul Survivor and give me a break

Anyway next question.....

Due to getting lucky(ish) Brightgaze dropped for me, so looking to use that to get the extra few filigree slots means I need to find somewhere else for the +10 Insightful Charisma. It's seems my only real option is The Legendary Shattered Onyx in place of the slavers ring. Will need to slot a Perform augment and a Wizardry one to make up a little of what I'd lose but it seems to be my best option.

Is there better option I've missed? Back to 28 at the moment and apart from a lot of swearing at mobs with Evasion it been a.....well....blast I guess
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

It's not that I don't want the feywild set is that I can't get it. The gloves (or the orb for that matter) just don't want to drop for me. I've had 4 characters permanently on ransack for some time trying to get the gloves without luck. I've just TR/ETR two characters just to stop running Soul Survivor and give me a break

Anyway next question.....

Due to getting lucky(ish) Brightgaze dropped for me, so looking to use that to get the extra few filigree slots means I need to find somewhere else for the +10 Insightful Charisma. It's seems my only real option is The Legendary Shattered Onyx in place of the slavers ring. Will need to slot a Perform augment and a Wizardry one to make up a little of what I'd lose but it seems to be my best option.

Is there better option I've missed? Back to 28 at the moment and apart from a lot of swearing at mobs with Evasion it been a.....well....blast I guess
    The Shattered Onyx is probably the best choice there - check out the endgame set instead of the non-raid set for inspiration.

Also re soul survivor - I have run that quest around 50 times and I never found the orb. The gloves dropped after ~40 times and it was with a group on R3. I was actually considering using the orb over the fiddle for a while for the extra DC and so I that I could use something like brightgaze but 4 pc winter set too good to pass up. Also it looks like I'm going to get the fiddle before I ever get the orb to drop =P
    ~Sarlona~

Quick note: Your gearing info is listing the stats for the Fiddle by Leg. Solid Sound in the non-raid section.

I'm now going to go and cry in the corner.....
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quick note: Your gearing info is listing the stats for the Fiddle by Leg. Solid Sound in the non-raid section.

I'm now going to go and cry in the corner.....
    Thanks for the note. Honestly Solid Sound is better than Fiddle if you use the U49 resonance scepter regardless - you get more DCs (one of two items with +5 ins enchanting in the game), extra devotion for cacoon, and the ability to add quality CHA. It's an incredible item for this build and works well without rapier. No need to cry.
    ~Sarlona~

Thanks for the note. Honestly Solid Sound is better than Fiddle if you use the U49 resonance scepter regardless - you get more DCs (one of two items with +5 ins enchanting in the game), extra devotion for cacoon, and the ability to add quality CHA. It's an incredible item for this build and works well without rapier. No need to cry.
    It comes out +1DC and +12 Dev/Resonance, not bad but considering how long it took for it to drop.....

Still having more fun with this Warlock than any of the others I've tried over the years
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

It comes out +1DC and +12 Dev/Resonance, not bad but considering how long it took for it to drop.....

Still having more fun with this Warlock than any of the others I've tried over the years
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! I like the build a lot - not just for the damage but the enchant stuff as well.
    ~Sarlona~

Community Member

Default Fifth Chord?

Hey, I really like the look of this build and have begun testing it... one thing that grabbed my attention was the choice of the Fifth Chord. I am not sure, but when I read the Fatesinger ED I get the impression that if you do not have any levels of Bard, so no Bardic Ballad, then you cannot access the benefits from the Fifth Chord. Fatesinger 1st Core gives you Inspire Courage but that is only one component of Bardic Ballad and I'm not sure if that would allow you to benefit from the Fifth Chord. Would really like to know if OP or anyone knows if this works for a build with no bard levels. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post
    Hey, I really like the look of this build and have begun testing it... one thing that grabbed my attention was the choice of the Fifth Chord. I am not sure, but when I read the Fatesinger ED I get the impression that if you do not have any levels of Bard, so no Bardic Ballad, then you cannot access the benefits from the Fifth Chord. Fatesinger 1st Core gives you Inspire Courage but that is only one component of Bardic Ballad and I'm not sure if that would allow you to benefit from the Fifth Chord. Would really like to know if OP or anyone knows if this works for a build with no bard levels. Thanks!
    I just kind of assumed it worked because of the description in core 1: "Abilities that trigger off of a Bardic Inspiration use will trigger when you use Inspire Courage" - I realize that ballad is different than inspiration.

I'm not in a place where I can test, but I'd be happy if someone was able to check real quick.
    ~Sarlona~

Community Member

I just kind of assumed it worked because of the description in core 1: "Abilities that trigger off of a Bardic Inspiration use will trigger when you use Inspire Courage" - I realize that ballad is different than inspiration.

I'm not in a place where I can test, but I'd be happy if someone was able to check real quick.
    Good catch, I think I must have mis-read it. Thanks.

Besides obvious gearing changes does this build still perform well?

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    I'm playing a Bladeforged one of these. He's got 868 Sonic Spellpower and 668 Light Spellpower. The gameplay is a bit repetitive but does do a lot of damage to groups of mobs with his Cone-shaped eldritch blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

*Snip*

The optimal race here is Dragonborn - you just get more out of the tree than the others. If I had racial action points, I'd be playing drow only because I like them more aesthetically.
    I have this build currently on a 3rd Life Dragonborn.
    How would you change up the gearing to include a minor artifact that is not the fiddle from the D&D Raid?
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Hey Maelodic! have you revisited this since U50 / U51? Id be interested to see your take on it post updates.

Im thinking of taking my DC necro reaper build and doing an ETR into a sonic enchanter / CC/ Blaster build. ive already got the fiddle from "Line dancing" and i might have the sonic stat stick from U49 already too.
    G'land Characters | Amastris of Thay - Leader of Crimson Lotus | Grevok The Maniacal - DC Caster Reaper/Raider
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I'm playing a Bladeforged one of these. He's got 868 Sonic Spellpower and 668 Light Spellpower. The gameplay is a bit repetitive but does do a lot of damage to groups of mobs with his Cone-shaped eldritch blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I have this build currently on a 3rd Life Dragonborn.
    How would you change up the gearing to include a minor artifact that is not the fiddle from the D&D Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amastris View Post
    Hey Maelodic! have you revisited this since U50 / U51? Id be interested to see your take on it post updates.

Im thinking of taking my DC necro reaper build and doing an ETR into a sonic enchanter / CC/ Blaster build. ive already got the fiddle from "Line dancing" and i might have the sonic stat stick from U49 already too.
    Hey all, had to take a break for a while.

After the changes this build doesn't feel nearly as good to me personally, while being (I feel) more powerful comparatively than it was before. I don't really feel right updating it without playing it a bunch.

I'm gonna do an ETR and test out an edgy lock (necro/negative.) We'll see how that goes.
    ~Sarlona~

I'm gonna do an ETR and test out an edgy lock (necro/negative.) We'll see how that goes.
    edgylock can solo EE super comfortably up to endgame and then can solo r1-3 without many reaper points in quests where you are allowed to use negative damage. the self healing was shockingly enough. i might do a build guide on that eventually if i revisit it - i had fun with it

anyway, back to this build. did a TR so need to get back to 30 before testing and updating. gonna use my same gearset to start but want to experiment with something tankier so that i can solo reaper at endgame. i dont have all that many reaper points so hopefully i can make something strong enough to carry me through. we'll see.
    ~Sarlona~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast