Thread: Unleash Iconics

Default Unleash Iconics

Iconics are neat and all, but the iconic leash kinda sucks. It would be wonderful if we could unleash the Iconics after the third incarnation giving us the option to play the iconic's race as a heroic racial option.

I like a lot of the racial tree options in the iconics but hate the idea that I am eternally locked in to that one stoopid level leash and have to start at 15th. Hardcore let's me start my iconic at 1st, so I do get to run through heroics from first level, but that stoopid leash is still there.

Most of us are going to 3x iconics anyway, just allow us to unleash them after 3x and give us the "race" as a heroic racial option. I am sure a lot of people will fuss over this thinking that it will force them to add 3x on each race for RC. Well, I would be okay with it, but if we are doing 3x iconic anyway, just give us the race unlock so we can roll them as heroics.

I mean, I have no future plans for rage quitting because you give me a new cloak, I've been here since the beginning and have no intentions of ever leaving... unless you make a bonehead move like Sony did with SWG.

Community Member

Or just give 1 or more heart+1 for vips each month

Quote Originally Posted by blarhblarhblarh View Post
    Or just give 1 or more heart+1 for vips each month
    You get 500 DP per month as VIP. You earn ~3k favor per life.
    500 + (3000 / 100) * 25 = 1250.
    +1 Heart only costs 1195 DP.

Would be nice to be able to adquire those hearts in game aside from super rare loots. Maybe using threads or runes. If not for +1 at least +0. Its sad to need to pay for a core function as that. But...Following the report of some, buying those hearts on the store is very common. Hurting the business side is a possible no no... Sadly. +1 hearts costs almost the same of lifetime unlocking an iconic race. Its almost surreal.

Community Member

Default Just start them at 20

I hate the whole start at level 15 thing. I understand that you would want people to be able to jump in and experience end game content, many games have some mechanic for doing so but this is broke. The easy fix would be to start them at level 20 then they could farm up tokens or buy a heart and just immediately TR or play through to 30 and TR like everybody else and afterward the race would be unlocked. Problem solved.

Community Member

Default You've almost grasped the solution...

It would be better if each time you rolled an Iconic or TRed into an Iconic character, that you were provided a free BtC Lesser Heart of Wood +1 which also allowed you to change alignment. Limit the application of this free LHoW to a 24 hour period. Use it or lose it.

Want to make a wisdom based pure cleric or FvS using Deep Gnome? A Tielfing Scoundrel pure Bard? A Bladeforged pure Warlock? A pure tempest Shadar-kai? A pure Morninglord wizard... nah, wait, that just sounds silly, I mean Morninglords and Wizards, whatever next?

The frustration, in my eyes, with Iconic races is not the fact they are tied into a race, but that not only do I need to purchase the Iconic race (which I do) but that to live the DDO flexible build experience, I need to go out spend more money each time I think of a new build to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post
    It would be better if each time you rolled an Iconic or TRed into an Iconic character, that you were provided a free BtC Lesser Heart of Wood +1 which also allowed you to change alignment. Limit the application of this free LHoW to a 24 hour period. Use it or lose it.

Want to make a wisdom based pure cleric or FvS using Deep Gnome? A Tielfing Scoundrel pure Bard? A Bladeforged pure Warlock? A pure tempest Shadar-kai? A pure Morninglord wizard... nah, wait, that just sounds silly, I mean Morninglords and Wizards, whatever next?

The frustration, in my eyes, with Iconic races is not the fact they are tied into a race, but that not only do I need to purchase the Iconic race (which I do) but that to live the DDO flexible build experience, I need to go out spend more money each time I think of a new build to try out.
    Yep they have been set to sell +1 Hearts & Alignment changes ontop of the purchase of Iconic

I like them both dislike

Iconics are more powerful than regular versions of their base race. Making them get to be any race/class without restriction might create a strange situation where most characters rolled up are the iconic races.

Plus, I don't want them nerfing my lovely iconics into the ground to balance them.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Plus, I don't want them nerfing my lovely iconics into the ground to balance them.
    This.

If there was to be an unleashing, it would lead to a lot of whining - which would lead to nerfing - which would lead to more complaining due to the nerfing - which would lead to more endless forum sinkholes of the usual suspects gnashing their teeth at each other ad infinitum in every post on the subject (often not even waiting for a post on the subject) - which would lead to the forum being even less fun that it is now.

I hope it doesn't happen, but ymmv.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

I don't get the hating to start at lv 15, but, also, you don't have to level all the way. There's just no reason NOT to lol, unless you're playing with a non-iconic, then...just level when they do?
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    I don't get the hating to start at lv 15, but, also, you don't have to level all the way. There's just no reason NOT to lol, unless you're playing with a non-iconic, then...just level when they do?
    Was always one of the attractive features of DDO: you do not have to level. (except when the life-shaper demands it)

Community Member

SSG would sell a lot of +1 hearts at 395/495 DP. I don't know how many they sell now at the current price but the number would go way up if it was an easy purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    SSG would sell a lot of +1 hearts at 395/495 DP. I don't know how many they sell now at the current price but the number would go way up if it was an easy purchase.
    What about:

False Iconic Heart of Wood

This unnaturally burnished piece of wood can be used in the Reincarnation Grove in the hall of Heroes to start the process of Iconic False Reincarnation. The Hall can be found in the Marketplace or Eveningstar.

False Reincarnation lets you alter your alignment, class, ability scores, feats, skills, and spell selection by de-leveling your character to level one.

Class Choices:
    As a level one character, you may select any class available to you (abiding by the normal restrictions on alignment)

Important Rules
    -During the de-leveling process, you lose all experience points and are returned to level 1.
    -You cannot change your name, race, or gender.
    -You must recreate your appearance.
    -You must wait 3 days before false reincarnating again.

Inventory and Spells
    -Equipped items will be unequiped and put into inventory. (Cosmetic items are not affected)
    -If inventory is full, items will go into backpack overflow. (Clear out your inventory to ensure access to your gear.)
    -You are a level one character and will select your spells as appropriate to your class.

Community Member

Agree. Players already paid for the race so no point in charge an extra coin to loose first class level. This would be the same of buying a videogame and having to insert quarters in it every time you turn it on.