Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Some Mimic advice

Hey there,

It seems I am seeing a lot dings of death from mimics. Well as an advocate for the greatest of human traits: adaptability, let me offer some advice I have garnered so far.

1) Adapt your playstyle... you know they are there. You know every chest could be one. I and my friends have run group or solo elites thru level 4. Not one death to a mimic. Here is what we have learned.

2) If in a group shield block is your friend. Blocker opens the chest and blocks out the gate. People behind kill the mimic by range. One killing and one healing if possible. It works. Have killed multiple elite mimics this way.

3) If solo... get hires. Open just and jump back right away. Don't gaze lovingly at the loot. Let your hires go in and take the aggro. Let them die you can always run them to a shrine. Again solo we have killed and survived multiple elite level mimics this way. If you are totally by yourself this is how you die. It sucks I know but you need bodies. It works.

Just some friendly advice. Don't want to keep seeing those dings of death to mimics.

Be safe and may the loot always be in your favor!

Raven

Community Member

Also, just don’t open any chests on elite until you have some acid resist pots and a good lvl 3 hireling (melee or healing). Once I got to this point they were no problem.

You can also be an Aasimar or acid Dragonborn

Community Member

Default Dragon mark?

Just thought about this, does using the dragon mark feat that raises the loot lvl of a chest, deactivate the mimic mechanic? Anyone know or test?

Community Member DoctorOfLiterature's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Hey there,

It seems I am seeing a lot dings of death from mimics. Well as an advocate for the greatest of human traits: adaptability, let me offer some advice I have garnered so far.

1) Adapt your playstyle... you know they are there. You know every chest could be one. I and my friends have run group or solo elites thru level 4. Not one death to a mimic. Here is what we have learned.

2) If in a group shield block is your friend. Blocker opens the chest and blocks out the gate. People behind kill the mimic by range. One killing and one healing if possible. It works. Have killed multiple elite mimics this way.

3) If solo... get hires. Open just and jump back right away. Don't gaze lovingly at the loot. Let your hires go in and take the aggro. Let them die you can always run them to a shrine. Again solo we have killed and survived multiple elite level mimics this way. If you are totally by yourself this is how you die. It sucks I know but you need bodies. It works.

Just some friendly advice. Don't want to keep seeing those dings of death to mimics.

Be safe and may the loot always be in your favor!

Raven
    How about an acid resistance augment? Would that be enough to protect a low level toon?

Use your hireling(s) as a meat shield. Plunk them down right in front of a chest, set them to Aggressive, stand behind them, and open the chest. Even if the Mimic initially aggros on you, the hireling(s) will be in the way and quickly grab the Mimic's attention. Then, range the wannabe with spells or missile weapons till dead.

I've had really good success with this so far.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)