Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lag on hardcore the # 1 reason for deaths complete party freezes 5-8 seconds per mimi

I tried , i had never played hardcore in a guild of about 30-40 active players lag was the main subject of conversation . I asked every single party member if they had lag and we all did at the same time .

NOT ONE quest done with no lag not one and not just little friendly lag pathetic constant lag where if you dont experience it for 4 minutes you feel surprised . whole parties from level 1 to 6 .

Every single quest every single player .

Different internet providers , countries, languages .

Died at level 4 in the tunnels to go get WW reward lagged out couldn't move surrounded by mobs with no spells landing .

Sorry i am not the masochist type . that was the end of my hardcore experience .

Anyone will tell you the lag is the number one enemy .

Oh and btw every single mimic we encountered the whole party froze .

I guess we can count out the reaper trees being the source of the lag and the epic destinies being that the highest level character was 7 .

I suggest you to try any game out there none of them have such pathetic constant lag . For a server that came up today the lag was the main subject about 30 minutes after it came up (the server ) .

If i had put money on that character i could not have helped but feel cheated and almost conned or defrauded .

My 2 cp your servers suck ssg more than any other online game ive played in the last 5 years .

Community Member

That has not been my experience. There is some lag for certain, but nothing that would cause widespread deaths. I'm not saying that can't ever happen, just saying that it certainly isn't the #1 cause of death. #1 cause of death is, as always, user error.

I am Awesomesauce!

Vote with your wallet.

Community Member

Seems like the #1 death is being at the quest level of the quest. Why not be level 8 instead of level 4? Especially on laggy day 1?

Community Member

Well, anyone that has logged onto hardcore for even just 5 minutes would know that the number one cause of death is Mimics, and there is not even a close second, Miss Adventure is slacking this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    Seems like the #1 death is being at the quest level of the quest. Why not be level 8 instead of level 4? Especially on laggy day 1?
    Pretty much this. Until pushing the level 19 ceiling for heroics, it's all about overleveling content; especially on a 1st lifer where XP requirements are so low per level.

This just happened to me. I froze up during one of the lag spikes and was killed by a mimic. I was almost at Level 5 too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    #1 cause of death is, as always, user error.
    Since yesterday, on EVERY server, your response here is completely and utterly wrong...unless you mean that the user error being committed is in trying to play this lagged out mess in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    That has not been my experience. There is some lag for certain, but nothing that would cause widespread deaths. I'm not saying that can't ever happen, just saying that it certainly isn't the #1 cause of death. #1 cause of death is, as always, user error.

if your experience is that the cause #1 of your deaths are as always your errors, that's your problem.

for me, and for many players, #1 cause of death is lag, being it freeze, spells having no effect for several seconds and so on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    if your experience is that the cause #1 of your deaths are as always your errors, that's your problem.

for me, and for many players, #1 cause of death is lag, being it freeze, spells having no effect for several seconds and so on.
    Yeah, but he said not so long ago that he wants equality of outcome. So the #1 cause everyone's deaths are his errors, right?