Default Do druid enchancements work in all forms?

I run in wolf form but I was looking at the Nature's Protector enhancements. Do they work in all forms or just in bear form?
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Community Member

Most of them work in all forms.

some special attacks require you to be in bear form as maul, shred etc.

But the stance works and i think the rage works as well.

Ursas protector requires bear form.

Community Member

There are three answers to that question!

The first answer is "most of them". Certain enhancements, such as Bloody Claws (T1), affect bear-specific spells but don't explicitly state that it requires Bear form. Similarly, and in the same general category, there are some enhancements that do explicitly state that they require Bear form and/or other things, such as all three versions of Ursa's Protector (T3-T5)

The second answer is "yes, in theory", which should be the rest of them. If an enhancement doesn't say it only works in Bear form (or "Bear Form Melee Attack", like Lightning Strikes The Mountain) and doesn't target a Bear-specific spell (Roar, Shred, Maul), it should work in other forms. Notable examples are the entire Rage of the Beast line, Nature's Defense and the various Improved Nature's Defense line.

The last answer is "yes, in practice". This shouldn't be any different from the previous answer, but Wild Shapes have been historically a little bit buggier than average. Sometimes things apply in Wild Shape that shouldn't (there was an era of wolves benefiting from SWF and TWF), and sometimes things should and don't (there was an era where most weapon-specific effects like Pulverizer didn't apply because Wild Shape was considered Unarmed). When they recoded Handwraps and Natural Fighting it probably fixed everything. The only way to determine this for certain is to watch your character sheet and damage modifier as you apply various points, or take them all at once and do a lot of math

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Mars View Post
    I run in wolf form but I was looking at the Nature's Protector enhancements. Do they work in all forms or just in bear form?
    Anything which requires a specific form will say so. E.g.

"Nature's Defense: Defensive Combat Stance: +8 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Cannot be active with other defensive stances, but can be used while Raging."

Does not mention a form, therefore will work with any form.

"Ursa's Protector: Further improve your Nature's Defense stance. Requires bear form and a shield equipped."

Mentions a form and gear requirement.

Sometimes the form requirement is implied because it boosts an animal-form ability. E.g.

"Bloody Claws: Every time you use Maul you gain one stack of Killer Instincts: +1 to damage for 15 seconds. Stacks [1/2/3] times."

Maul is an innate attack for bears (level 1 spell): "This attack deals an extra 2[W] to the target, and applies a bleeding effect that deals 1d4 slash damage every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. Striking the target successfully may also intimidate the target based on the player's intimidate skill."
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.