Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

All very solid advice, thanks to all of you! I have to play at odd times, so I'll be doing a lot solo. At lower levels the traps won't be too much of an issue and I know the quests I'll be running. I know my quests chain up until 12. After that, I haven't done them enough to remember all the traps. I can roll with a rogue hireling if I play something that has a good amount of self heals and just expect to slow down and lower my difficulty. That can get pricey in DDO Points though, so I'm thinking of something that has either trapping, evasion or both. Definitely seems like your builds need to be built for defense and survival as opposed to the old "kill it before they kill you mentality". I like TWF and THF builds, but it looks like if you're running melee in Hardcore, you really need to consider carrying a shield, if nothing else for the PRR. Definitely feels like you need some casting ability or UMD to buff yourself for specific circumstances if you're going to run solo.

Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    You can't do 5K favor if you don't aim for it as you will outlevel quests. So try to do all quests as you go even if you will be capped and gain no xp.

Warforged are not robots.
    https://eberron.fandom.com/wiki/Warforged
    Favor can be done overlvl
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 03-22-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Favor can be done overlvl
    What's the cap for overlevel on the Hardcore server? No more then 4 over?

max 4 over normal or 2 over elite

Always bank gear you think might be useful - if you die it is a huge boon to have a bit of twink gear.
    Always bank some plat for the same reasons.
    Buy potions and wands to help boost yourself!
    - In low levels remove curse, lesser restoration, shield/nightshield, can be lifesavers & all usable from lv 1 (sold in marketplace vendors).
    - protection from element potions are really good for dots/environments/kobold shaman's & usable from lv 5 (sold in house J shop by the teleport).
    - resistance from element potions are also very good for the same reasons & usable from lv 6 (sold from the vendor in the twelve).

Got umd or relevant caster levels or relevant half elf dilettante?
    - scrolls of displacement, protection from energy, tensors, globe, summon monster, invisibility, GH, rage, etc

Have a GTFO strategy!
    - quickened teleport (or scroll), DD / word of recall, dash through monsters ability (spring attack / staff lunge / etc), uncanny dodge clickies, alt+f4 & hope.

Have fun!

Fortification, Constitution, Prr/Mrr, blur, AC, Dodge, wands of false life/aid, potions of healing/resist/jump etc. Hit points from enhancements.
    I get a trinket from the new Cerulean hills quests and stick a Fortification Augment in it, which I buy from a vendor in House Deneith with Astral shards. I suppose if you find a ring with a blue slot you could Augment that.

Browse auction house and item vendors.

Also be max level possible for the quest.
    Frosstykek

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Never lead the party.
    If you're talking about having "the star" in the group, why not?
    If you're talking about being the first person to lead an assault.. Now this particular advice. Far too often I've seen that Paladins / Bears / Barbs with twice my HP and defenses let my squishy spellsinger lead the attack... And these characters at least eventually joined and helped me clean up. Even worse at the useless shield fighters who run into a room as the second/third person and mobs simply run past them, but they keep shield blocking.

Think I might make a toon just to make the challenge really hard core. Is it against the rules to get other players killed ? I'm gonna show this party what hardcore is all about!!!!
    Look out for timmy9999...he's comming for your souls...
    Last edited by timmy9999; 03-23-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    Think I might make a toon just to make the challenge really hard core. Is it against the rules to get other players killed ? I'm gonna show this party what hardcore is all about!!!!
    Look out for timmy9999...he's comming for your souls...
    Timmeh is going to be like poor scooby from last season, every 30 min, scooby has died...
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    Is it against the rules to get other players killed ?
    I believe it is against the rules. It falls under Griefing in the community guidelines.

It was hard (nearly impossible) to prove but I remember players where trying to get a player banned for purposefully causing player deaths in Harbor quests. Absolutely no clue if the players were successful or if the developers even bothered to investigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Community Member

Join a guild and get guild buffs when you can

Prioritize house P and J favor for additional purchasable buffs.

Gran shield wands from the marketplace if you cannot cast it.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    What's the cap for overlevel on the Hardcore server? No more then 4 over?
    That's overlvl ain't it

Make sure the batteries in your wireless mouse are fresh. Especially when you're running around the lava moat in The Twelve.

(Yes, I did, @ Lvl 9. after running the WPM sides - it has become funny since, but it wasn't at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Frankly, for a newer player, I would not focus on RXP as a goal for hardcore...
    Several vet players have suggested that RXP is a goal for your 2nd life, not your 1st. You can wrack up a few Reaper Points (some quests are just too easy not to go R1) by the time you've hit 20, but to risk the 1,750 xp and L20 goals for the sake of the RXP goal in your 1sy life is not realistic for players of all experience levels.

The good news is that 1) you have ~12 weeks, 2) once you hit L20 and 1,750 you don't have to get there again, and 3) RXP persists thru TR. Between those 3 points, and having a 32 pt build and 1 PL perk, most should be able to get what they need if they're patient - zerg kills!

I just run 3 toons

1- Arty human (crafter only)
    2. an elite dungeon runner
    3. a reaper toon

that is just me

Two levels of barbarian for any melee character.

Run speed, and Blood Tribute.

150 temp hp from Blood Tribute is absolutely huge in heroic elite and R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

lol wow

6 days out and a Hardcore League thread doesn't even qualify to be in the general discussion
    area.

would not surprise me if it gets canceled
    I don't want it to ... but that is the vibe I am getting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    lol wow

6 days out and a Hardcore League thread doesn't even qualify to be in the general discussion
    area.

would not surprise me if it gets canceled
    I don't want it to ... but that is the vibe I am getting.
    Yup, some rewards teasers would be great!

hate to say it but considering how close it is without any ready event info...
    let me just say, everyday with no real info the more likely it will be delayed or canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    PS: yes I know warforged aren't robots. Just like my characters aren't cartoons. ROBOT! ROBOT! TOON! TOON!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast