Default High Lords will host epic Vault of Night teaching raid on Saturday, Mar 20 at noon ET

Next in our series of teaching raids will be one of DDO's classics with epic Vault of Night and Plane of Night (aka EV5-6) on Saturday, March 20 at noon ET!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids, but you must be at least level 20 to enter epic content.

If you are new to EV5-6, you will need to flag by running the first 4 quests in the Vault of Night story arc (VON1-4) in House Kundarak: Tharashk Arena, The Prisoner, Jungle of Khyber and Haywire Foundry. You will need to have access to the Vault of Night adventure pack. You can run the flagging quests on heroic or epic difficulty to flag just the same.

EV6 contains some remarkable loot, including one of the most sought after 2-handed weapons in the game (the Sword of Shadows) and Kundarak Delving Boots, which is the lowest level item that provides a continuous Freedom of Movement effect. It also contains the Disciplinator rune arm and the epic Helm of the Red Dragon, which is prized for its unique cosmetic. Despite being DDO's oldest raid, VON5-6 is a very important raid in DDO's lineup because it gives huge xp so it remains very popular in both heroic and epics!

The Vault of Night is a very intricate raid, with many puzzles and tasks to perform, so can be very difficult to learn it all in a pug. We will break down the entire raid and show and explain how to succeed every step of the way.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send a tell or in-game mail to me on Gingerspyce.

This event will be live streamed on my twitch channel vooduspyce so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This week I am happy to announce that our teaching raids will be simulcast on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the party splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcast by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding and my guildie Cmecu’s channel cmecu_grogerian so that viewers can see multiple perspectives when the party must split up. You can watch all streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/vooduspyce/cmecu_grogerian/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast and DDO Chronicle for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

PS. check out our other public raid events at Raid Nights with the High Lords of Malkier!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 03-17-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Great run for epic VON 5-6! we had 4 folks who were learning the raid and grats to Hawekenson for pulling the Helm of the Red Dragon! You can watch the replay of the live stream on my Twitch channel vooduspyce.

I will be out of town and out of game this weekend, so no teaching raid this Saturday, March 27. Teaching raids will return on Saturday, April 3. See you then!