Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

The fire domain cleric sounds interesting.

Nobody; do you have a write up on what enchancements and feats you should use to make a fire domain cleric.

Thanks
    Grey

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greymouser1 View Post

Nobody; do you have a write up on what enchancements and feats you should use to make a fire domain cleric.

Thanks
    Grey
    Feats: the same of the sun cleric u find here
    Enhancements: 41 in caster tree rest in race and feydark illusionist
    Race i think draconic fire or tiefling are the best. Then aasimar.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    guild: not Flagged ( ex guardiani di eberron, ex gods, ex kvp)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greymouser1 View Post

Thanks
    Grey
    Best "Race" is tiefling due to the extra spell power, spell crit and emergency immunity removal. Having said that, I used offensive Cleric for quite a bit of my racials and having a non Tiefling / Dragonborn race isn't a big deal.

Generally something like this, max out Wisdom, ensure Con is at least 14, the rest is up to you though INT helps with more skillpoints and CHA helps if you ever plan on using TU. Going to assume you don't have Wizard PL's nor completionist. If you have one of those feats you can take them in place of the Spell Focus / Mental Toughness.

STR 10
    DEX 10
    CON 14
    INT 12
    WIS 18
    CHA 14

Fire Domain Cleric
    1 Quicken (Or Maximize)
    3 Maximize (or Quicken)
    6 SF: Evocation
    9 Heighten
    12 Empower
    15 GSF: Evocation
    18 Mental Toughness or Enlarge (18 FDI core gets Enlarge for free)

21 ESF: Evocation (or Wellspring with new destinies)
    22 ESP Fire
    24 Master of Alignment
    25 ESP Light
    27 Master of Light | Embolden Spell (depends on if you want a 58% boost to Searing or not) | BoGW
    28 ESP Healing | Crush Weakness | Fount of Life (I prefer the extra crit damage from another ESP)
    30 Scion of Fire
    30 BoGW or whatever you didn't take at 27

Digging through my screenshots I can see one from one of my older builds. Be prepared to invest a lot in DD, it really needs a look and cost pass.

You want Searing Light / Holy Smite / Flame Strike SLA, Cleric doesn't have the SP pool of FVS so it needs to exploit SLA spamming. Due to fire domain using the highest or fire or light spell power, pick one and stick with it, it can be either one depending on IPL and Race. You want all the cores at the bottom, especially Word of Balance and the capstone as well as the T5's at the top. Pick +Evo DC whenever there is a choice, otherwise spell power / crit. The expensive choice will come at metamagic optimization, Quicken to 3/3 is actually super useful and you need to spend 30+ points for T5 access anyway. I really hate how they have them linked instead of independent because Heighten is the other super good one to pick as it saves a monumental amount of SP on CC spells.

To demonstrate, something like Sound Burst is level 2, 15 SP and base DC of 12. At 17+ Heighten will raise it to base DC 19 at a cost of +35 SP, which is massive but 7 DC is +35% land rate. Heighten at 2/2 is -2 SP per level so 3 instead of 5, making that +35 only +21. Same with Greater Command, Comet Fall and every offensive spell that isn't a SLA. But this is expensive coming in at 8 AP since we gotta spend 2 on something in the middle, and those AP might be better spent in Feydark Illusionist.

AP becomes less of an issue in epics as we get cost reduction, access to epic ring of spell storing and better gear.

For destinies you want Exalted Angle as primary with extra points in Draconic Incarnation for the breath, seriously the upgraded breath is that good.
    Last edited by nobodynobody1426; 02-16-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Community Member

Why take Follower of Aureon ? I can't see myself using Quarterstaff during the game ??

5. 04-29-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnodix View Post
    Why take Follower of Aureon ? I can't see myself using Quarterstaff during the game ??
    No one says you have to. (If you watch the OP's vid, they certainly don't.)

All deities have a diff Favored weapon, but the real diff is found in the Level 6 granted abilities (and then, later, L 20). Here, it's a +4 boost to Wisdom plus a nice bonus vs. Undead, and since this is a Wisdom build, I'm guessing that's the draw.

Besides, there are several ways to get a diff weapon to qualify as a "favored weapon", and then all those little combat bonuses count anyway.

(If you really wanted to take a diff bonus deity, not sure there are any dealbreakers here to stop you. :?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    No one says you have to. (If you watch the OP's vid, they certainly don't.)

All deities have a diff Favored weapon, but the real diff is found in the Level 6 granted abilities (and then, later, L 20). Here, it's a +4 boost to Wisdom plus a nice bonus vs. Undead, and since this is a Wisdom build, I'm guessing that's the draw.

Besides, there are several ways to get a diff weapon to qualify as a "favored weapon", and then all those little combat bonuses count anyway.

(If you really wanted to take a diff bonus deity, not sure there are any dealbreakers here to stop you. :?)
    That makes sense. Thanks for clueing me in

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnodix View Post
    That makes sense. Thanks for clueing me in
    np
    o7

btw - re diff Favored Weapons: https://ddowiki.com/page/Favored_wea...avored_weapons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12