Default Announcing the 2021 teaching raid series! Legendary Shroud on Saturday, March 13

I am very excited to announce our 8th year of teaching raids!

Since 2014, the High Lords of Malkier have hosted teaching raids for new players during the winter and spring. 2021 will be a shortened season, primarily focused on teaching end game raids in a friendly, low stress learning environment that is designed to be welcoming to new and returning players, as well as veteran players who are new to raiding.

Raiding can be a lot of fun and it's a whole new area of the game to see and explore where we work together in 12 person groups to accomplish bigger challenges that bring us to the finales of the various storylines within DDO. Raids can also be challenging to learn in a pug environment, especially if you're new so that's one of our many inspirations to host these events. If you've been avoiding raids because you thought you weren't ready or you were intimidated by them or maybe you were turned off because you had bad experiences, then you should not shy away from our teaching raids because you are precisely who we want to reach out to for these events.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids, and to enhance the Sarlona community. We know there are a lot of people who have even been playing DDO for a long time and have avoided raiding. Our teaching raids are a great place to start! If you're new, this is a great time to learn, and if you're returning this is a great time to get caught up on the raids you missed! There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

We will begin the 2021 series with one of DDO's classic raids: Legendary Shroud, this Saturday, March 13 at noon ET! Due to the high level of Legendary Shroud, we are going to set the minimum level to sign up this week at Level 24.

If you are new to Legendary Shroud, you will need to be flagged, which requires completing 2 quests in Meridia: Creeping Doom and To Curse the Sky. You can run the quests on Heroic or Legendary to flag just the same. These are different quests than are required to flag for heroic shroud. We will not be hosting heroic Shroud as a teaching raid, only Legendary Shroud, but we will discuss the difference during the event.

Usually all spaces are spoken for by the time of the raid, so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game by tell or mail on Gingerspyce.

If you're feeling unsure and you want to see how we run our events, you can check out our collection of teaching raid videos in the Guides & Strategies forum that we did during the 2015 and 2017 series.

This event will be live streamed on my Twitch channel vooduspyce so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier

Community Manager

These have always been a great way to learn how to raid in DDO, good luck!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

It's really cool of you to do this kinda stuff! There are a few raids I'd like to learn better, and wish somebody would do something like this on Thelanis. Project Nemesis I'm basically just trying to attack what it seems like everybody else is, and wondering what the heck just turned me into a soulstone lol

(Also, c'mon filter, we can't even do WT_ followed by F as an acronym?)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    It's really cool of you to do this kinda stuff! There are a few raids I'd like to learn better, and wish somebody would do something like this on Thelanis. Project Nemesis I'm basically just trying to attack what it seems like everybody else is, and wondering what the heck just turned me into a soulstone lol
    I also wish someone would do this on Thelanis, too! I want to tag along with a group that can already do the Dryad and the Demigod raid since I am below level cap and didn't make a very powerful build.
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Community Member

reach out to your local raiders and see if you can get something put together.. it takes initiative . Voodu is streaming it now as I am from a DPS perceptive .
    https://www.twitch.tv/vooduspyce
    https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Great run today! Big thanks to my guildies for helping out and we'll be streaming future events from multiple perspectives so that viewers can see various points of view... tank, healer, melee dps, etc! Thank you Gijo and Cmecu for simulcasting

If you missed it you can catch the replay of the live stream on my Twitch channel vooduspyce.

I'll post details about the next teaching raid in the Sarlona forum soon, so start getting flagged for raids and we'll see you again soon!

In the meantime, we welcome beginner raiders and first timers to join us for our regular public raids. Our public raids schedule is posted in the Sarlona forum at Raid Nights with the High Lords of Malkier.

Our next teaching raid will be epic VON 5-6 on Saturday, March 20 at noon ET, so get flagged and I'll post details in the Sarlona forum soon