Default Biggest aoe and easy to target rune arm?

Doing a warforged caster arty, really fun!

Do any1 have an idea of the best runearm for endgame (lvl 30). That has a big aoe for immunity removal + big aoe for breaking boxes cause i like that + nice damage?

Most imortant big aoe
    second: good dps (for being aoe runearm)
    third bonmus: break boxes!

And one that is easy to target or cone etc. Not a single exploding shot that has no homing so me that is **** targeting that always miss :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Doing a warforged caster arty, really fun!

Do any1 have an idea of the best runearm for endgame (lvl 30). That has a big aoe for immunity removal + big aoe for breaking boxes cause i like that + nice damage?

Most imortant big aoe
    second: good dps (for being aoe runearm)
    third bonmus: break boxes!

And one that is easy to target or cone etc. Not a single exploding shot that has no homing so me that is **** targeting that always miss :-)
    None of the AoE shots have easy targeting.
    The cone shots have had issues breaking boxes, and their AoE isn't splendid compared to the actual exploding shots (think Scorch, maybe a bit less).

You could always try for the Legendary Toven's Hammer. The lightning shots have almost the same AoE as fireball ones, with slightly slower projectiles, but shooting multiple ones that very slightly home in if you have a hard target. Bonus is they deal lightning damage, which should scale off your best spell power.
    Legendary Arc Welder (Long Range) has the same shot type, and comes from a quest instead of a raid. In fact, I'd recommend you find an easier runearm to get using that shot type (Electrical Storm) and get used to it to know for sure this is what you're aiming for.

The next best thing would be waiting for the next Crystal Cove and getting a level 24 Glass Cannon.
    Exploding Cannon Shot aims better and slightly homes in on targets, and its AoE is about as large as the unwieldy fireball ones, and doesn't tend to hit terrain as much since the last change. Only flaw is the highest runearm that has access to it is from an event and is only level 24.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    The cone shots have had issues breaking boxes, and their AoE isn't splendid compared to the actual exploding shots (think Scorch, maybe a bit less).

You could always try for the Legendary Toven's Hammer. The lightning shots have almost the same AoE as fireball ones, with slightly slower projectiles, but shooting multiple ones that very slightly home in if you have a hard target. Bonus is they deal lightning damage, which should scale off your best spell power.
    Legendary Arc Welder (Long Range) has the same shot type, and comes from a quest instead of a raid. In fact, I'd recommend you find an easier runearm to get using that shot type (Electrical Storm) and get used to it to know for sure this is what you're aiming for.

The next best thing would be waiting for the next Crystal Cove and getting a level 24 Glass Cannon.
    Exploding Cannon Shot aims better and slightly homes in on targets, and its AoE is about as large as the unwieldy fireball ones, and doesn't tend to hit terrain as much since the last change. Only flaw is the highest runearm that has access to it is from an event and is only level 24.
    Thanks alot for feedback!

Strange no 29+ striati/glasscannon exist (yet) since that is what i atleast think is funniest to use :-)

Any other have any idea of any missed "gem" of runearm?

Community Member

Strange no 29+ striati/glasscannon exist (yet) since that is what i atleast think is funniest to use :-)

For pure damage, nothing goes wrong using the Dumpster Fire.
    The shots are SLOOOOOOOW. Sluggish. Slow enough you can outrun them and pretend you were aiming at yourself all this time!
    The description says it should move faster when fully charged. Haven't seen a difference myself.

But the split damage types each dealing as much damage as a normal runearm shot would deal separately, and the shots home in on a hard targeted enemy.
    Poison/Fire/Bludgeon, or Rust/Fire/Bludgeon. Three times when fully charged, for 9x the normal runearm fun (albeit using 3 separate types of spell power)
    It also has the highest imbue damage of them all, split between bludgeon and fire.

Comparatively, the Ranged Arc Welder or Toven's will deal 3x normal runearm damage, and normal fire shots and cones will deal it once.
    Other single target runearms shoot 5 projectiles, so deal 5x normal runearm damage once fully charged. Of those, I like Quarantine myself - homes in, fires in a straight line, often freezes targets solid -, but haven't managed to get my hands on a bee shot/knife shot or salt shot runearm yet, but the force shot and acid version thereof tends to hit walls more than it does enemies - if the bees or knives get shot in an arc like force or acid shot does, scrap them. I won't vouch for Breaking Bank as the total damage is less than Quarantine and it has less effects, but at least it scales off Fire spell power, that should be higher than Cold on an usual Arti caster.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

sorry i dont remember so well, used runearms some lives ago, did some iconic inqui with just some arti splash for equipping them

but...

if i remembr correctly, corrupted exploding fire shot from ml 29 "legendary suppressive fire" and its heroic ml 10 counterpart . ravenloft gear. if you are looking for exploding shots. useful other enchantments too on those

there is also another runearm in ravenloft but it was not exploding iirc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post

The electrical storm ones, especially those with extra charge speed like St. mu ray and legendary toven's are the best dps ones. The problem with them is that targeting is sometimes frustrating. It can home targets, but in many situations, it will hit invisible obstacles and not damage anything. Sometimes even when you are basically at point-blank range of your target. Even though it has a big aoe, it might not hit anything in the range where it exploded. When you can hit though, it is quite good.
    The good thing about legendary toven is that the raid for it has 2 chests, meaning you will get the runes you need for it a bit faster.