Community Member

Default handwrap swaps after U48.4

hey guys,

so, after u48.4, when I swap wraps during a boss fight, I literally sit there for half a sec in between swaps. I have a post on the general forum, but i have an odd suspicion this has to do with either a coding change with unintended consequences, or in a more troubling scenario, a TWF stealth nerf. I tested it with another buddy of mine and he did not have the same issue.

Basically, it goes like this:

pre u48.4

1. hold down attack button and click keys 1, 2, and 3 in succession
    2. keys 1, 2, and 3 go from various debuffs to my main weapon
    3. there is no stop in the animation...sometimes its hard to swap, but it doesn't stop the animation of attacking itself

post u48.4
    1. hold down attack button and click keys 1, 2, and 3 in succession
    2. keys 1, 2, and 3 go from various debuffs to my main weapon
    3. character stops attacking and sits for half a second and then equips the new weapon, and then starts attacking again

so essentially, I am losing 1 full second of attacks by swapping. In all cases, if you hit the swap button before you finish the attack sequence, it will place you back at the "ready" position, thus you lose out on the full animation of the attack.

I have tried equipping the new Topaz of Quick Movements (new in Feywild), which auto-grants the quick draw feat. This does not help at all.

Curious if other monks have noticed this yet. I sure have and this is just another one to add to the pile of "why would you do that's". (see pause after whirlwind attack for reference)

thanks,
    Nico
    Last edited by Nickodeamous; 03-01-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Community Member

Topaz of Swiftness auto grants Quick Draw? I thought it did movement and attack speed?

Maybe what you are seeing is that you changed your build to not have quick draw anymore, and you now have a longer swap time? Did you drop VKF quick draw or not take the feat itself because you thought Topaz of Swiftness granted it?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-01-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Community Member

I'd guess it's an unintended consequence of some other change they made, or as they call it, a halo. Seems like a number of goofy things are happening since U48.4

for example:
    • some icons flash a 1 second cooldown with the whole grey time thingy when you attack or use abilities, sort of like I think they do on Lamannia?
    • some cosmetics got wacked, including hirelings
    • possibly what you're experiencing?

probably some more stuff I forgot about or didn't know about
    Last edited by Tsutti; 03-01-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Topaz of Swiftness auto grants Quick Draw? I thought it did movement and attack speed?

Maybe what you are seeing is that you changed your build to not have quick draw anymore, and you now have a longer swap time? Did you drop VKF quick draw or not take the feat itself because you thought Topaz of Swiftness granted it?
    Ah, good point, what I meant was the Topaz of Quick Movements (this one grants quick draw). Also, I never take quick draw, so this is something new that I was told may help. It seems to help swap scrolls and weapons, but not the weapons to weapons. (i'm going to edit my OP for clarify on Quick Movements vs. swiftness...thanks for pointing out!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutti View Post
    I'd guess it's an unintended consequence of some other change they made, or as they call it, a halo. Seems like a number of goofy things are happening since U48.4

for example:
    • some icons flash a 1 second cooldown with the whole grey time thingy when you attack or use abilities, sort of like I think they do on Lamannia?
    • some cosmetics got wacked, including hirelings
    • possibly what you're experiencing?

probably some more stuff I forgot about or didn't know about
    agreed. Its been a funky update. It has made it very hard to dps a boss when I am trying to first debuff, then hit with my main handwraps. The pauses in between probably add up to alot of lost dps for sure. I hope SSG looks at this. I feel like I am the first to see this for monks (but I literally only play monks, so I am very accustomed to the way they handle, and this my friend, this is not normal. lol)

I find it especially tough to swap when I am trying to debuff a doom reaper...seconds count with these bad boys!!

Nico

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    Ah, good point, what I meant was the Topaz of Quick Movements (this one grants quick draw).
    Sounds new, you might want to test against VKF Quick Draw to see if it even works. One of the other granted feats from expansion (shifter augmented summoning) didn't work.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-01-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Community Member

Sounds new, you might want to test against VKF Quick Draw to see if it even works. One of the other granted feats from expansion (shifter augmented summoning) didn't work.
    that's an easy enough test. I'll run that in a bit when I log back in. good call. Perhaps the augment itself is not working. I heard the Fear eater augment is also not working properly.

Thanks for the tip!
    Nico

edit: I just tried using vistani quick draw. The animation does not change from my current setup. It is definitely slower to swap items now
    Last edited by Nickodeamous; 03-01-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    that's an easy enough test. I'll run that in a bit when I log back in. good call. Perhaps the augment itself is not working. I heard the Fear eater augment is also not working properly.

Thanks for the tip!
    Nico

edit: I just tried using vistani quick draw. The animation does not change from my current setup. It is definitely slower to swap items now
    U48.4 implemented an internal global cooldown of 1 second on many things (especially swaps) effectively rendering Quickdraw useless (outside of thrower builds).
    They did it in order to "fix" attack animation cancelling tricks that meta players were using to boost their DPS numbers.

Devs are not competent enough to address the issue itself w/o destroying the game's active combat.
    Major QoL downgrades this update, very punitive in nature, literally designed to make the whole playerbase suffer. Much sad.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    tricks that meta players were using to boost their DPS numbers.

Major QoL downgrades this update, very punitive in nature, literally designed to make the whole playerbase suffer.
    They were shutting down exploits of exploiters, not tricks of meta players, to improve the game experience of the whole player base by reducing lag. I would have preferred it if they just banned them all though for degrading the service and exploiting in violation of the TOS.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-02-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Community Member

They were shutting down exploits of exploiters, not tricks of meta players, to improve the game experience of the whole player base by reducing lag. I would have preferred it if they just banned them all though for degrading the service and exploiting in violation of the TOS.
    Forgive me, oh great Tilomeister!

I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to use such a language on this blessed forum.

You're, of course, the greatest builder and player DDO has ever had, so the same rules may not apply.

Amoebas like me should only cower at the sight of your excellency and prostrate myself before you.

Devs would be fools not to heed the words of wisdom of such an excellent human being.

They must ban every single player who dares to overperform you since there is literally no way they could do that without exploits that degrade the game service.
    100% agreed!

Haven’t taken Duality off since they were crafted

Still has a ruby of the vampire slayer in it

Is that vampire dead yet?
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona