Default Multiclass with multiple class pets?

I know that characters with at least one level of Artificer get an Iron Defender (that has a level of Fighter for every level of Artificer its owner does), characters with at least one level of Druid get a Wolf Companion (that has as many levels of Ranger as its owner does Druid levels), and Wizards that get the Skeletal Knight enhancement in the Pale Rider enhancement tree get to summon one that is like the odd one out compared to the other two class pets (no character sheet, and it's upgraded with further enhancements to that tree, but it does have a level of Fighter for every level its master has in Wizard, as well as Epic levels, which may also apply to the other two).

Would it be possible to have access to all three of those pets if one were to multiclass into all three of those? I'm not saying that it would necessarily be a good idea. I just wonder if it could be done. If so, then would multiple pets be available at once? Or would the PC have to alternate between the three? Because I think it sounds cool to have three pets at once, but I know that, in practice and the context of a video game, it could get hard to manage three pets, all with their own command bar.

They're exclusive, can only have 1 of them out at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duscara View Post
    I know that characters with at least one level of Artificer get an Iron Defender (that has a level of Fighter for every level of Artificer its owner does), characters with at least one level of Druid get a Wolf Companion (that has as many levels of Ranger as its owner does Druid levels), and Wizards that get the Skeletal Knight enhancement in the Pale Rider enhancement tree get to summon one that is like the odd one out compared to the other two class pets (no character sheet, and it's upgraded with further enhancements to that tree, but it does have a level of Fighter for every level its master has in Wizard, as well as Epic levels, which may also apply to the other two).

Would it be possible to have access to all three of those pets if one were to multiclass into all three of those? I'm not saying that it would necessarily be a good idea. I just wonder if it could be done. If so, then would multiple pets be available at once? Or would the PC have to alternate between the three? Because I think it sounds cool to have three pets at once, but I know that, in practice and the context of a video game, it could get hard to manage three pets, all with their own command bar.
    Unfortunately, you can only ever have one class pet active at a time. I am playing a Wizard with a few artificer levels, and summoning the iron defender dismisses the Skeleton, and vice versa.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I tried it out, unfortunately only 1 can be summoned.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

years ago, when i still used to create alts, i spent like 1 hour planning a summoner alt, i wanted to call her Dorothy and have her use druid wolf (wanted to name it: lion) the skeletal pale master pet (scarecrow) and the arti dog (tin man)

then i realized, luckily in time, only 1 pet allowed, that was not possible...with a sad panda face. the fact that it would have been a multiclass mess was inconsequential, it was for the fun.

nowdays i would use the druid pet + actual scarecrow from ravenloft and the tin man from sharn...too bad they are bad and hire AI is a mess and summons\pets\hires are not worth it...and hires, they take party slots.
    Last edited by Valerianus; 02-22-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Lightbulb Got My Answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Duscara View Post

I did some tests with an Artificer character. Without summoning my Iron Defender, I couldn't access his character sheet. I presume it works the same way for Druids' Wolves. If one had both, I suspect that only the one currently summoned would have their character sheet accessible.

With the replies I've gotten, I've learned that the three cannot be summoned simultaneously, as only one can be out at once. I presume that you can alternate between them, then.