Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kodwraith View Post
    I need a bunch of heroic and racial past lives and have a lot of Greatswords and hate constantly re-gearing.
    For racial lives Str + Cha 12 wizard (EK/PM) > 2 paladin (divine might divine grace and strike through) is a really solid setup and works on any race.

At level 12 this gives 39 AP for EK (all T5 except forcefield) and 9 AP for PM, then at level 14 you have 8 more AP for KoTC DM + Strikethrough.

Then just sorta go from there what you want.

Feats would be:
    1 THF
    3 PA
    5 Extend
    6 Cleave
    9 Great Cleave
    10 Quicken
    12 ITHF
    15 IC:S
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-16-2021 at 02:53 PM.

2. 08-20-2021, 12:38 PM

Community Member

Default Changes for U50 and 51?

Thanks for supplying these builds. I enjoy many of yours, even though I cannot compare my player skills to yours.

Do you think this is truly a nerf-proof build with the changes in U50 and upcoming u51?
    I played this for one epic life and as soon as I read about the upcoming U50 and U51, I went back to Sorc.
    I know it's tough to say without specifics on U51 but this relies on combat feats (like most modern melee), so what's your prediction?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rockcrusher99 View Post
    I know it's tough to say without specifics on U51 but this relies on combat feats (like most modern melee), so what's your prediction?
    This build will survive the ED nerfpocalypse. It doesn't require an ED, or any epic abilities. It did solo legendary reaper at 20 before they nerfed legendary reaper in U50. It would take many targeted nerfs to take this build down, but the collateral damage to other archtypes and builds would be too great to do so. It is why I built this specific way for a memento.

Since we are losing fortification bypass twists, we will want to swap in Dreadbringerx5 on ESoS.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-09-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Community Member

So I want to say thanks for this build. You responded to another post of mine about how I could not solo EE and said to try this. I was just getting back in and did not want to mess around with multi classing. I hit a content wall at 30 I could barely do EE and I had to pay money to finish with cakes etc.

I did a Reincarnation and figured I would over level farm reapers but it was super slow getting like 85 reaper exp being four levels over. So I got some +hearts and respecced into this. The only issue is at level 15 with the same gear except the sword and goggles I only have half your hp, ac, spellpoints etc as compared to what you show in your level 15 picture. My stats are not even close to yours, I have the +8 tome, I am assuming that is a combo of me having no EPLs, Past Lives, and only level 30 guild buffs? Or did I mess something up? I followed it step for step.

I will say I am able to solo R2 at level 15. I did welcome to sharn and the only time I died was to a mechanic I did not understand like exploding spiders or just running into a room while I am getting owned by ranged. If I played the line of sight game and learn the quest better it was no problem. Elite was a joke I literally just dragged everything behind me until I hit a hard stop like a door then stopped and killed it all.

What is your combat rotation? I am assuming prior to fight haste and aura. Then in fight the two caster cleaves. Do you rotate in any spells or anything at level 15? Also how do you get two heals at level 15 on different cool down timers. My Scribing is incredible with this build but I sometimes get caught between cooldowns so I have to use a pot or the one LOH I have.
    Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds it's certainty.

Community Member

Death auras at 26+ get used to carry LGS Dust + LGS Ooze effects and are used out of combat. Pre 26 a single death aura will power on-spell hit EK effects.

In combat some cleaves from EK and falconry and dire charge, some gust of wind (no save AoE 50% slow), some boulder's might, reconstruct spell quickened from wizard, reconstruct SLA from bladeforged. Diplomacy near any object or mob when it is needed for armor piercing stacks. Some trips. Harder fights will do LoS and pull mobs into a sleet storm (FoM flask).

I don't use any spells on this build for the purpose of spell damage.

Between reconstruct wizard spell and reconstruct SLA from bladeforged you should be really good on healing. Reconstruct also provides 15% attack speed bonus, so you don't really need to use haste if you are on difficulties where you are taking damage and healing.

PW:Stun and Otto's Irresistible are used on (plague) reapers.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-27-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Death auras at 26+ get used to carry LGS Dust + LGS Ooze effects and are used out of combat. Pre 26 a single death aura will power on-spell hit EK effects.

In combat some cleaves from EK and falconry and dire charge, some gust of wind (no save AoE 50% slow), some boulder's might, reconstruct spell quickened from wizard, reconstruct SLA from bladeforged. Diplomacy near any object or mob when it is needed for armor piercing stacks. Some trips. Harder fights will do LoS and pull mobs into a sleet storm (FoM flask).

I don't use any spells on this build for the purpose of spell damage.

Between reconstruct wizard spell and reconstruct SLA from bladeforged you should be really good on healing. Reconstruct also provides 15% attack speed bonus, so you don't really need to use haste if you are on difficulties where you are taking damage and healing.

PW:Stun and Otto's Irresistible are used on (plague) reapers.
    I see part of building it I was unsure what spells to take so I am missing the wizard heal. I also don't think I have gust of wind. Those will help a lot.

So what about the stat differences is that just all racial past lives and missing/scaled guild buffs? For example at 15 with the same gear/augments I only have half your HP, SP, and AC. It feels like that is a lot more than racial past lives and guild buffs. It makes me think I messed something up while leveling to 15.

I am using all the toggle items like Precision, Improved Mage Armor etc. Also every buff I can memorize for spells. It maybe possible I am missing something here like potion or scroll buffs.

What I saw was the pure survivability of having a reconstruct that heals me for full in R2. I also did not take the kind of burst damage I was seeing in the past unless I mess up a mechanic. It just felt like I was doing less damage than before but then again I was only running R2 by being 4 levels higher and or just running Elite.

I am using Blackrazor with Meteor Ruby and Eye of Righteousness. Should I just put in like a XD6 damage ruby for more base damage? The Ruby is awesome when it goes off but I already see its effect trailing off at 15 when it comes to knockdown.

Community Member

The toolbar setup at bottom of first post shows spells selected. Toolbar 1 shows reconstruct spell next to reconstruct sla, and ottos irresistable and PW:Stun.

Toolbar 2 has a sleet storm I occasionally use.

Toolbar 3 has longer term buffs EK Shield and Mage Armor SLAs, Circle of Protection vs. Evil, Sonic resistance, Good Hope and DW clickies.

Toolbar 5 is hidden and has haste to cancel slow.

Toolbar 8 is hidden and has most of the short term buff spells: Death Auras, Tensor's, Displacement, Rage, Fire shield hot and cold versions.

My character has all available power. I don't know how much less you have.

I would get an SoS. It takes 10 raids worth of runes, which can be farmed on a capped alt. Then a second SoS to make ESoS. Then a third SoS for when the first heroic one wears out. Then a fourth SoS to make a second ESoS for when the first wears out. Then a fifth SoS to make a cosmetic LSoS.

Due to the U50 stat squish of Keen Legendary raid weapons, ESoS is currently the most powerful weapon in the game.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-27-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Community Member

Pre 26 a single death aura will power on-spell hit EK effects.
    I read your post on LGS Dust thanks that is awesome.

Could you clarify the quote it reads like it will just trigger on its own while fighting. Or do I wait for some spell crits to build up then cast it while in combat? Right now I am casting it prior to each fight.

You were right about the haste because I am healing it is almost always up on its own. I still prebuff with it if I have to run a long way between fights or something. Once I can put on 30/15 I won't have to worry about it anymore. I don't think the SLA haste and spell haste stack.

Community Member

Death auras when cast extended last awhile, and hit every 3 seconds, which is often enough to stack and do all the on-spell-hit effects in EK tree. So you only need to use one of them before LGS. After you have LGS Dust + Ooze, you will want to use both death auras, to stack LGS effects faster.

Oh, and use Falchions if you don't have SoS/ESoS. Morninglord (free RL), Tail of the Scorpion (House J), or Syrianan (Sharn) would all be better than Blackrazor.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-29-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Community Member

Default can you clarify?

...In combat some cleaves from EK and falconry and dire charge, some gust of wind (no save AoE 50% slow)...
    From my testing and according to the wiki, Gust does have a save which makes its use pretty limited as they'll make their saves 19 of 20 times given INT as a dump stat.

Community Member

From my testing and according to the wiki, Gust does have a save which makes its use pretty limited as they'll make their saves 19 of 20 times given INT as a dump stat.
    The knockdown part has a save, but that's not why we cast the spell. Wiki link.

It is also nice to clear out enemy spells, and also doesn't clear your own sleet storm out. A solid replacement for soundburst spam I used to use.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-30-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Community Member

The knockdown part has a save, but that's not why we cast the spell. Wiki link.

It is also nice to clear out enemy spells, and also doesn't clear your own sleet storm out. A solid replacement for soundburst spam I used to use.
    Wow, the wiki is clear as mud. So medium sized can be slowed or medium and small can be slowed?

Community Member

Death auras when cast extended last awhile, and hit every 3 seconds, which is often enough to stack and do all the on-spell-hit effects in EK tree. So you only need to use one of them before LGS. After you have LGS Dust + Ooze, you will want to use both death auras, to stack LGS effects faster.

Oh, and use Falchions if you don't have SoS/ESoS. Morninglord (free RL), Tail of the Scorpion (House J), or Syrianan (Sharn) would all be better than Blackrazor.
    After reading this I went and farmed Tail of the Scorpion. Man I loved Blackrazor but the crit profile on Tail is insane. With the aura going I swear every other hit is a crit. Getting the Tail was a gamechanger. When I came back a few months ago all I could find for information on best Weapon was Blackrazor till 20.

Now I have to figure out how to get an SoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    After reading this I went and farmed Tail of the Scorpion. Man I loved Blackrazor but the crit profile on Tail is insane. With the aura going I swear every other hit is a crit. Getting the Tail was a gamechanger. When I came back a few months ago all I could find for information on best Weapon was Blackrazor till 20.

Now I have to figure out how to get an SoS.
    run von 1-4 either in heroics or epics.

run 5/6 for xp in epics..

pray that it drops (it wont but pray anyway)

in epics you get vault runes. 125 a pop on ee or reaper.

sos takes 1250 runes

then you combine it in the 12 with i think 50 vault keys which you can get from any chest in the raid and it makes it epic.

Community Member

So medium sized can be slowed or medium and small can be slowed?
    Yes.

Community Member

Default reporting back after U51

Yes.
    So, the biggest loss after U51 was direcharge DC. My DC (non-reaper and no boost) went from 101 to about 85, making it pretty useless IMO.
    This was on an average alt with 30+ EPLs, and 1 racial point.
    I could get +6 by trying to spam tactics boost +6. Has yet to be seen how effective that will be.

Have you seen any changes you like in U51 that you think could replace or enhance Dire Charge?
    Last edited by Rockcrusher99; 11-03-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Community Member

U51 for melee is basically follow dire charge around as far as I can tell. The paladins using Crusader, melee monks using GMoF and melee rogues using SD aren't happy, and I can only assume it is the same for Fatesinger melee arcanes all due to a lack of Dire Charge and healing. What I did on my rogue assassin was drop shadowdancer entirely, and follow dire charge around taking LD primary for dire charge, with EA for healing aura and cores and GMoF for more dire charge DC and cores.

Ended up doing fine in Feywild R8 with the resulting 95 dire charge DC on my rogue at level 23.

I would suggest doing close to the same here for wiz melee ek. Dump fatesinger entirely. Grab dire charge first as primary tree, then GMoF for more dire charge DC and cores, then you can get boulder's might from FoTW and more cores for third tree to level up with, or healing aura if you group with others a lot. R10 Feywild was also done but was a tad too squish/low dire charge DC at level 23. Since this build has built-in healing and tankyness, it can go all-in on Dire Charge for 2 EDs and dps FoTW for third ED.

Updated OP for these ED picks.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-06-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Community Member

I just want to make sure I am following this correctly. LD first for Dire Charge and then take things that increase the effectiveness of Dire Charge such as anything that helps with the DC of Dire Charge. I have never gotten Dire Charge before so I am assuming anything that increases Stun. Does tactical DCs help as well?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    I just want to make sure I am following this correctly. LD first for Dire Charge and then take things that increase the effectiveness of Dire Charge such as anything that helps with the DC of Dire Charge. I have never gotten Dire Charge before so I am assuming anything that increases Stun. Does tactical DCs help as well?
    Yes. Tier 1 Legendary Dreadnaught and Grandmaster of Flowers have stunning/tactics, get both.
    Tier 3 Legendary Dreadnaught makes Dire Charge knock enemies down, get that too.
    Tier 4 Legendary Dreadnaught makes Dire Charge stun, get that too.

You should wear a stunning or tactics item, and use divine might for insightful stunning/tactics bonus.

Get Boulder's Might from Fury of the Wild too.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-09-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Community Member

Wich mantle are you using? I was thinking monk for all the utility and +W or LD for the debuff and +W. I have been messing around with them I dunno if the +W makes a huge difference but immune to knockdown is really nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast