Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default council

Is a good idea to take a look the game do...players opinion are the best way to improve. Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    Ach, can I change my answer to "least favourite quest"?

My least favourite quest is any quest that requires 2 or more real players to complete, because they can't be done solo.
    there is a choice...i dosent like quests or chains that you need to take a long way....or anothers that the reward are really poor....indeed talking about necro 2, water quest is boooring=long and easy to be lost.

Default Application Deadline Reminder

A reminder that the deadline for applications is the end of this coming Sunday (February 14th). We'll be going through applications next week so get them in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    A reminder that the deadline for applications is the end of this coming Sunday (February 14th). We'll be going through applications next week so get them in!
    I submitted my application months ago to Cordovan and (after I discovered it) by following the link. I received no response and at this point...
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

How many slots are you looking to fill?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    I submitted my application months ago to Cordovan and (after I discovered it) by following the link. I received no response and at this point...
    By any chance, did you happen to send it sometime when they weren't looking for players?

We will have future application opportunities at various times moving forward, but any applications sent in when we are not actively seeking applicants will be ignored.

Does being a VIP subscriber increase the chances of someone being selected to participate?
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutti View Post
    By any chance, did you happen to send it sometime when they weren't looking for players?
    It was right after we had the huge discussion about what the Council actually did someone mentioned they were always bringing in new members to fill gaps.
    To be honest, I'm a bit salty at this point and don't wish to waste my time being told, "Sign this NDA, what are your thoughts on this, well we're doing it this way anyway."
    Last edited by Jerevth; 02-12-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Maybe a rename is in order then...a Council is generally a representative body that does exert some executive control over something. Calling it the Player's Council has been creating that false impression for years, and its led to animosity against both PC members for "not doing their job" and devs for "not respecting the Council's thoughts/wishes".
    Except that when it was the Mournlands and everything was secret, people still devised misconceptions about it.

Misconceptions are an inevitability of human nature and of the social groups that we constitute -- but then it doesn't help when there are some members in the general forums who outright refuse to accept clarifications from PC Members themselves that they are not anyone's representatives, but instead continue to insist that they must be so. Oh well ...

As to the Devs "not respecting the Council's thoughts/wishes", well that's just untrue -- the PC is not the boss of the Devs, but it its membership is always treated with utmost respect by the Devs. Provided it goes both ways !!

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    Does being a VIP subscriber increase the chances of someone being selected to participate?
    No. The Devs generally want a mix of VIPs and Premium for the differences in perspective.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    It was right after we had the huge discussion about what the Council actually did someone mentioned they were always bringing in new members to fill gaps.
    To be honest, I'm a bit salty at this point and don't wish to waste my time being told, "Sign this NDA, what are your thoughts on this, well we're doing it this way anyway."
    "Someone" not a dev or other SSG employee, perchance? Maybe don't blame them for getting bad information from a player. Even those of us currently on the PC had to re-apply, so if you wish to join, now really is your chance. All I can say is, there have been quite a few times where they listened to the players and plans radically changed from the initial conception because of our input.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Have the applicants been chosen, or are they still being decided upon?
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Is this still a thing?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

I'm sure they'll announce when a new PC has been chosen.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Is this still a thing?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Should be announced in the middle of this month from what Sev said in one of his interviews...maybe a little later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Default 2021 PC Member

I saw this. So the new council is active?

Cheers,
    Titus
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

A quick update:

The new players Council roster has been selected! After parsing through almost 400 applications a roster of 24 players has been chosen for the New Council. Over the coming few days we'll be notifying those who have been selected and getting them access to the Players Council section of the forums and the Players Council Discord server. If you applied and were selected you should expect to be notified by the end of the week!

Over the coming few days we'll be notifying those who have been selected and getting them access to the Players Council section of the forums and the Players Council Discord server.
    Would the notification arrive through the forums and/or email?
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    Would the notification arrive through the forums and/or email?
    Both!

Both!
    Thanks!
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast