Default THF - What gear to farm?

Currently farming gear on an old Kensei Monk build from 9 years ago, but there has been so many expansions adventure packs and gear changes I’m having trouble seeing what I should be farming for.

I’ll eventually TR(“last” life probably going to Pali so prefer gear suggestions that I can use now and then) and do racial past lives, but for now what gear should I get for what is essentially a two handed weapon fighter build.

Have all expansions except feywild. Survivability + dps is main goals.

Doh. Can’t edit thread title... meant two handed fighting.
    Last edited by Ninety; 01-21-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Sharn family set
    Bloodrage Chrism
    +Melee Power filigrees
    More defensive gear
    More HP gear (legendary Shroud is best, Feywild Winter set is still good if you don't have the materials/time/availability for Shroud)

YMMV
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Sharn family set
    Bloodrage Chrism
    +Melee Power filigrees
    More defensive gear
    More HP gear (legendary Shroud is best, Feywild Winter set is still good if you don't have the materials/time/availability for Shroud)

YMMV

... that’s really not helpful.

Sharn family set
    Bloodrage Chrism
    +Melee Power filigrees
    More defensive gear

YMMV
    Mind if I ask why Bloodrage? 1) said kensai, so wouldn't that uncenter?

Also, TWF means most of bloodrage isn't useful, or is this item bugged to all heck?

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    Mind if I ask why Bloodrage? 1) said kensai, so wouldn't that uncenter?

Also, TWF means most of bloodrage isn't useful, or is this item bugged to all heck?
    I suggested Bloodrage Chrism because it’s an obvious answer for anyone using THF and for some reason I thought OP said THF.
    Edit: I went back and look and they did say Two Handed.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
    ... that’s really not helpful.

I.... I don't understand. How was that not helpful?
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Currently farming gear on an old Kensei Monk build from 9 years ago, but there has been so many expansions adventure packs and gear changes I’m having trouble seeing what I should be farming for.

I’ll eventually TR(“last” life probably going to Pali so prefer gear suggestions that I can use now and then) and do racial past lives, but for now what gear should I get for what is essentially a two handed weapon fighter build.

Have all expansions except feywild. Survivability + dps is main goals.

Doh. Can’t edit thread title... meant two handed fighting.

It could help if you specified level bands you're interested in. Are you looking for suggestions for heroic levelling gear, epic levelling gear, or stuff to use at level cap? Or all of those?

Edited to add: And difficulty level. If you're looking for gear to run higher reaper levels some defensive items won't be as useful as they would on Elite or low reaper.
    Last edited by Mercureal; 01-22-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    It could help if you specified level bands you're interested in. Are you looking for suggestions for heroic levelling gear, epic levelling gear, or stuff to use at level cap? Or all of those?

Edited to add: And difficulty level. If you're looking for gear to run higher reaper levels some defensive items won't be as useful as they would on Elite or low reaper.
    end game gear.

end game gear.
    And are you looking for TWF like you said in the title or are you looking for THF like you said in the content of the post?
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

I can try to name stuff in order of importance.

The first thing I would aim for is the Sharn Part of the Family set, consisting of Enforcer's Plate/Coat, Hammerfist, and Family Recruit Sigil. These three items give so many melee bonuses together that I would rank them as the first thing to farm for.

Next you would want Strength and Constitution items. A new Feywild item, the Cloak of Summer, synergizes really well with the Part of the Family set, providing a lot bonuses that you don't already get. You will eventually want a minor artifact and I really like Brand of Kalok Shash, as it's not too hard to obtain. Unfortunately some stats overlap with the Cloak of Summer but I would still recommend it. As for Constitution, the Belt of the Ram and Lionheart Ring are good sources Con and Insightful Con, as well as being part of the Feywild Summer set which provides extra melee bonuses. There are other good options for Constitution as well though.

[Edit: I just remembered you don't have Feywild. In which case, what I used to do is run Bronze Dragonscale Belt as my Con Item and Cloak of the City's Champion as my Insightful Con item. Precision Lenses can fill in the Insightful Str you would miss from the Cloak of Summer and you can use Spectre Boots from Soul Splitter chain for Doublestrike]

The next thing I would advise to get would be an accuracy item. Celestial Ruby Ring and Ring of Prowess are probably the best options, although a Slave Lords crafted item will do the job as well. You can find Insightful Accuracy on the Umber Brim which is a great choice of helm and competes with Titania's Glory for the best Helm slot for melees right now.

That should shore up the core of what you want as a melee character in endgame. Other pieces of gear will just try to fill in the gaps of what you're missing and preferences will differ. In terms of weapons, there are actually a lot of good choices. I would look into Blackrazor, Torn, Tail of the Scorpion, Tail of Suulomades, Baz'Morath, and maybe Riftmaker. Some of these are more optimized for specific builds than others and some of these are harder to acquire than others. Starting with a simple Ravenloft endgame Falchion should be totally fine until you get something better.
    Last edited by PrinceOfAsphodel; 01-23-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfAsphodel View Post
    I can try to name stuff in order of importance.

The first thing I would aim for is the Sharn Part of the Family set, consisting of Enforcer's Plate/Coat, Hammerfist, and Family Recruit Sigil. These three items give so many melee bonuses together that I would rank them as the first thing to farm for.

Next you would want Strength and Constitution items. A new Feywild item, the Cloak of Summer, synergizes really well with the Part of the Family set, providing a lot bonuses that you don't already get. You will eventually want a minor artifact and I really like Brand of Kalok Shash, as it's not too hard to obtain. Unfortunately some stats overlap with the Cloak of Summer but I would still recommend it. As for Constitution, the Belt of the Ram and Lionheart Ring are good sources Con and Insightful Con, as well as being part of the Feywild Summer set which provides extra melee bonuses. There are other good options for Constitution as well though.

[Edit: I just remembered you don't have Feywild. In which case, what I used to do is run Bronze Dragonscale Belt as my Con Item and Cloak of the City's Champion as my Insightful Con item. Precision Lenses can fill in the Insightful Str you would miss from the Cloak of Summer and you can use Spectre Boots from Soul Splitter chain for Doublestrike]

The next thing I would advise to get would be an accuracy item. Celestial Ruby Ring and Ring of Prowess are probably the best options, although a Slave Lords crafted item will do the job as well. You can find Insightful Accuracy on the Umber Brim which is a great choice of helm and competes with Titania's Glory for the best Helm slot for melees right now.

That should shore up the core of what you want as a melee character in endgame. Other pieces of gear will just try to fill in the gaps of what you're missing and preferences will differ. In terms of weapons, there are actually a lot of good choices. I would look into Blackrazor, Torn, Tail of the Scorpion, Tail of Suulomades, Baz'Morath, and maybe Riftmaker. Some of these are more optimized for specific builds than others and some of these are harder to acquire than others. Starting with a simple Ravenloft endgame Falchion should be totally fine until you get something better.

That’s what I was looking for/needing, thank you! I just got sharn about a week ago, so I’ll look into farming the family set items you mentioned. Weapon wise, I’ve got both eSoS and not upgraded legendary blackrazor also have Baz’Morath, but not centered when using it, picked a different tree for kensei, I haven’t checked to see if it would be better to switch to great axes for it. I haven’t even seen a group for killing time to try to get the item to upgrade it.

That’s what I was looking for/needing, thank you! I just got sharn about a week ago, so I’ll look into farming the family set items you mentioned. Weapon wise, I’ve got both eSoS and not upgraded legendary blackrazor also have Baz’Morath, but not centered when using it, picked a different tree for kensei, I haven’t checked to see if it would be better to switch to great axes for it. I haven’t even seen a group for killing time to try to get the item to upgrade it.
    Wow. It's a shame you had to wait until now to get good advice like farming the Family set items from Sharn instead of being able to get that advice just a half hour after you made the initial post...
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Wow. It's a shame you had to wait until now to get good advice like farming the Family set items from Sharn instead of being able to get that advice just a half hour after you made the initial post...
    This!

Well technically "sharn family set" is no where near as detailed as "The first thing I would aim for is the Sharn Part of the Family set, consisting of Enforcer's Plate/Coat, Hammerfist, and Family Recruit Sigil. These three items give so many melee bonuses together that I would rank them as the first thing to farm for." Though I will admit a google search for "sharn family set" does get exactly what you need in search result 1.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

I would explain why it’s different/better but that involves details and you don’t seem to be one that cares for those.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleOh7 View Post
    I would explain why it’s different/better but that involves details and you don’t seem to be one that cares for those.
    You're completely right. HR should have definitely put more effort into his post so that the OP wouldn't have to spend 30 seconds using google. Does licking those windows leave a nasty taste in your mouth?

Part of the Family Set??? But which part???

/sarc

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Part of the Family Set??? But which part???

/sarc
    A play on words, ha. Nice. I got a kick out of this. xD
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith