Default R10 VoD Tank - Rogue 13 Ranger 4 Monk 3

Hi all,
    Here’s the build I used to deal with the orthons and suulo in R10 Legendary VoD.
    Orthons hit really hard and Suulo hit harder... Ac is almost useless in there and top tier prr alone is not enough. You can’t survive with a conventional tank approach.
    We did some theorycrafting and in the end I rolled a Bladeforged Rogue13/Ranger4/Monk3.

Why this abomination? XD
    Because this split offers a lot of useful stuff for VoD:
    - First of all dodge. Dodge is a must have. I had 57 dodge standing in reaper in water stance. Using meld -> elaborate parry -> improved uncanny dodge you can rely on 15+18+20=53 seconds of 95% dodge. And every hood adds 25 seconds. That’s enough to take down the orthons - provided your dps buddies can melt an orthon in few seconds. Mine are true beasts
    - Deflect arrows 2 sec.
    - No fail evasion
    - Movement speed and mobility (TA, sprint boost, spring attack, vault). When 95% dodge is off, you have to move. Spring attack can be used when chained.
    - Swirling icy shield (25% of damage reduction 4 min/rest), on top of radiant forcefield and dark discorporation.
    - Bladeforged has slashing reduction, quality hp and can be repaired by sorcs.

Capped mrr is not a problem in R10 voD... in any case, you need spell absorption in order to survive: bring all the absorption charges you have (cloaks, gloves, trinkets, scarabs...)

Character Sheet
    Self buffed stats in reaper. I have all the PLs and full reaper trees.

Feats
    I took combat expertise, grandmaster of forms, deflect arrows, spring attack, epic reflexes, full twf line, celestia for more hp.

Enhancements
    TA tier 5... finally I’ve found a use for the terribad staff stuff XD +9 dodge cap, immune to knockdown, fast movement + vault, improved defensive roll, spinning staff wall. And haste boost! Overall, a solid tank tree
    Tempest tier 4 +3 dodge cap, some prr, deflect every 2 seconds, elaborate parry.
    Iron skin from shintao, you need all the prr you can get.
    +3 dodge cap form ninja spy.

ED and twists
    You have to play in US for hp and threat. Twists are based on you party... martial hymn, meld, improved combat expertise are must have imho.

Gear
    Heart of suulo and LGS set are a must. You need hp on a rogue/ranger/monk and sadly the winter set only gives 20%. So, no way. I used 5 LGS pieces, each one with dark discorporation slotted. I also have a good amount of extra clickies.
    Rest is matter of personal preference imho. I maxed con, hp and prr. you can use a swap item for dex to cap dodge when activating elaborate parry.
    As weapon sets I used Moonwillow and LGS offhand, Spite and LGS offhand, Reflection and Echo of Wave. You are not a threat tank but you can build some threat when two weapon fighting with haste boost.
    Staves are for vault and icy shield. You don’t need to have two weapons equipped in order to activate elaborate parry. You can use a swap for Dex to cap dodge when activating elaborate parry.

FAQ

Q. Does this build require a lot of pl and rap?
    A. Yes, as every tank build...

Q. Is this build of any use in raids outside vod?
    A. Well, not really XD Ofc you can tank any raid in low skulls, but the lack of ac and mrr are important drawbacks in more difficult content.

Q. Is this build of any use in quests?
    A. No, for questing a tank is a wasted slot.

Q. Is this build fun to play?
    A. Well, it's fun for a tank: you have a lot of mobility, active defenses to play with, 3 different weapon styles.

I usually don’t like to play tanks but R10 vod has been an interesting challenge. Still, I don’t like to play tanks XD
    If you want to apply for the opportunity to tank with us, please send your resume and a cover letter to Capricorpus.
    Tronko - Ascendance - Orien

Hero

Thanks for sharing the insight into your build.

I would never have guessed that T5 TA would be key to completing R10 raids one day.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Cool P i l l a r

Thank you for including the MVP of the raid in this screenshot! You are truly a PILLAR of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by PeWBOOMPeW View Post
    Thank you for including the MVP of the raid in this screenshot! You are truly a PILLAR of this community.
    Is my pillar bigger than yours? I don’t think so... In VoD all the pillars are the same, in every instance, in each server. Also in heroic VoD, a twelve years old raid...
    Do you think you can use the pillar for an easy r10 completion? Go for it!
    Tronko - Ascendance - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Gilga1 View Post
    Is my pillar bigger than yours? I don’t think so... In VoD all the pillars are the same, in every instance, in each server. Also in heroic VoD, a twelve years old raid...
    Do you think you can use the pillar for an easy r10 completion? Go for it!
    I do not think it is an easy completion; but in the spirit of openness among the community perhaps consider adding the most important part of tanking Suulomades to your FAQ section. cool build!

Community Member

I do not think it is an easy completion; but in the spirit of openness among the community perhaps consider adding the most important part of tanking Suulomades to your FAQ section. cool build!
    It isn't hard to just not say anything, as evidence by my post history. Just put your ego aside as the 'uber-alchemist' and say nothing.

You were never interested about being honest. Please get off your high-horse and sit down.
    Cannith ~

Dont be a bad pls ~

Quote Originally Posted by jellibean View Post
    It isn't hard to just not say anything, as evidence by my post history. Just put your ego aside as the 'uber-alchemist' and say nothing.

You were never interested about being honest. Please get off your high-horse and sit down.
    I appreciate you telling me what I am interested in! Do you feel it is honest to the community to leave out a massive portion of how this build is able to tank VoD?

I love seeing people solve specialized problems - great job, and thanks for sharing!

Here’s the build I used to deal with the orthons and suulo in R10 Legendary VoD.
    Q. Is this build of any use in raids outside vod?
    A. Well, not really XD Ofc you can tank any raid in low skulls, but the lack of ac and mrr are important drawbacks in more difficult content.

Q. Is this build of any use in quests?
    A. No, for questing a tank is a wasted slot.
    ... but having a dedicated solution to a raid that's popular w/ your Guild is not a terrible use of a character slot, better than a generic mule.

And +1 for answering the most predictable questions - well done on that count as well!
    o7

Q. Does this build require a lot of pl and rap?
    Like Gangsta rap, or?

I appreciate you telling me what I am interested in! Do you feel it is honest to the community to leave out a massive portion of how this build is able to tank VoD?
    I'd like to know what about this build makes the Orthons want to TP into the walls?

That would sure make them much easier to "deal" with!
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    I'd like to know what about this build makes the Orthons want to TP into the walls?

That would sure make them much easier to "deal" with!
    You are mistaken my friend! The first set of orthons can be handled by dodge/hood cycling as listed above. The second set of orthons are handled by getting their aggro and DDooring away. Suulomades on the other hand has a tough time figuring out how to walk around the pillar to hit the tank. That's the part I think OP forget to mention in their FAQ.

Nice indeed, thx for sharing. It is kind of entertaining tbh, to see builds that are kind of bizarre at the first glance.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

13. 01-31-2021, 07:52 PM