Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Try the one in the marketplace (Ebberon)
    Yeah, I found it. However, neither the guide nor the in game prompt specify the Eberron Hall of Heroes. They just say the Hall of Heroes. They should either have the npc in both or specify which one.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Where exactly does the "Scourge Of The Snpow peaks" Champions appear ? In every quest ? In wildernesses ? Only at elite difficulty ?
    Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Haven't seen them in wilderness (yet), but definitely in quests in elite or higher. I've not run norm/hard.
    They are champions, and thus only appear where you'd expect champions to do so - ie, quests on hard or above. They will drop chests even if you're too high a level for usual remnant drops, however.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Remember to chat with the NPC at the end of the slide for a chest with mats
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Default Level 1 Snowpeaks Only?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Available through February 2nd! You can find the guide to the Snowpeaks Festival on DDO.com.
    when i go to flurry, I cannot access anything but level 1. Is that right? No XP, no monsters (im lev 25). Maybe im not doing it right? Dropdown has only lev 1 selectable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merrillman View Post
    when i go to flurry, I cannot access anything but level 1. Is that right? No XP, no monsters (im lev 25). Maybe im not doing it right? Dropdown has only lev 1 selectable.
    I think this is how it works. There's only one level.

Question There is a limit of Scourge of the Snowpeaks champions per dungeon?

So far i have only got 1 in every dungeon, i have run dungeons with respawning monster and also got 1.

I'm unlucky or it's capped to one chest per dungeon?

Community Member

I have seen ~8 chests in a single dungeon.

I've had better success in reaper 1 than in HE quests. Initially, Elite didn't even have any- I switched toons, had the same issue, logged back over and my luck improved. (No conjecture on logging back and forth being a fix, just what I did while trying to elude my RNG curse)

Of the 12 Snow Peakers I encountered; I found...
    - 2 keys
    -no gold
    -5 silver
    -15 bronze. (I'm keeping a tally for every SP Champ- when I have more data I'll display it better)

I'm trying to get more keys before I try the slide.

The rubies still lack a descriptor in the trade menu as of this morning. (I know, the info is available in the update notes- just an observation.)
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I have seen ~8 chests in a single dungeon.
    Not sure if this will help anyone, but you can run heroics being epic and still get chests with keys.... Im currently farming ToEE heroic elite and get around 4-5 chests minimim per run.... Also, running it in a party, speeds this process up a lot.

I just tried the slide - it is very boring.

No real speed, no challenge, no thrill - unless I overlooked something. Getting every single coin on the way was very, very easy even for a non-Mario player like me.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I just tried the slide - it is very boring.

No real speed, no challenge, no thrill - unless I overlooked something. Getting every single coin on the way was very, very easy even for a non-Mario player like me.
    I'm totally fine with that! Haven't fallen off the ramp yet, so don't know how that effects things, but give me time and I'm sure I'll find out the hard way. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by huntdawumpus View Post
    I'm totally fine with that! Haven't fallen off the ramp yet, so don't know how that effects things, but give me time and I'm sure I'll find out the hard way. :-D
    You get teleported back to the top of the ramp. So you can get coins you missed.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

You should really add a trade up for the coins, even if it at a rate of 10 to 1. I just got my first 50 gold coin item and have over a thousand bronze coins.

Community Manager

Frozen Keys have had to be temporarily removed from the DDO Store. We will extend the Snowpeaks Festival, and we will announce the new end date later.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Frozen Keys have had to be temporarily removed from the DDO Store. We will extend the Snowpeaks Festival, and we will announce the new end date later.
    huh?

Is it one of those 'don't ask' things?

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    huh?

Is it one of those 'don't ask' things?
    Probably related to them being unbound. Hopefully they don't overfix it by making the farmed keys BTA...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

The fact that you can only get cookies with bronze and no trading up is ridiculous. Very poor design.
    Cannith Server toons
    Nightingaile
    Terallyn
    Juriss Prudence

Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Question Any Chance for an Exchange?

I saw it asked if purchased skates would have any use and I didn't see a reply. If they don't, any chance we could exchange them for a Cookie Jar? Please?!
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    I saw it asked if purchased skates would have any use and I didn't see a reply. If they don't, any chance we could exchange them for a Cookie Jar? Please?!
    As long as you get the buff from the woman in the quest, you don't need skates. The buff lasts 10 minutes and the run is far shorter than that.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Member

So I've gotten a lot of keys, way too many in the past few days and here my 2c on how they drop:

Regular dungeons chests: Very small chance, but I've seen a few.
    Regular Festival Champ chest: Small chance for key, maybe like 5-10%.
    Orange Festival Champ chest: 100% chance for key.

So grinding anything on Hard+ will new you some keys, but quests with lots of orange type mobs are going to yield more. Honestly the number of keys I've picked up I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find a few people giving them away, I know I am.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast