Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The Snowpeaks Festival has arrived!

UPDATE: The Snowpeaks Festival has been extended through February 9th!

Available through February 2nd! You can find the guide to the Snowpeaks Festival on DDO.com.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 01-28-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Available through February 2nd! You can find the guide to the Snowpeaks Festival on DDO.com.
    Are these champions level-dependent like the standard ones? Is there a maximum number of levels over the quest's base before they stop dropping chests?

EDIT: Just answered this myself and no, they are not.
    Last edited by PurpleSerpent; 01-13-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    X The Mystic's 4th Rule Of Dungeon Survival:

"No-one carves statues of frightened adventurers. If you see one, keep your eyes closed and your ears open."

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSerpent View Post
    Are these champions level-dependent like the standard ones? Is there a maximum number of levels over the quest's base before they stop dropping chests?

EDIT: Just answered this myself and no, they are not.
    Time to blow through heroic ToEE on my L30 warlock, I guess LOL
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Time to blow through heroic ToEE on my L30 warlock, I guess LOL
    Nothing says wintertime like curling up by the fire in a cozy sweater with a nice cup of cocoa....while your auralock afk kills respawning spiders all night...

Default How do you get to the Snowpeaks?

This looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to try it out.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but where are the Snowpeaks? Thanks in advance!
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorrbeania View Post
    This looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to try it out.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but where are the Snowpeaks? Thanks in advance!
    If you read the guide, it tells you to give a key to an NPC in the Hall of Heroes to get to the Snowpeaks challenge.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Default How to get the initial key

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    If you read the guide, it tells you to give a key to an NPC in the Hall of Heroes to get to the Snowpeaks challenge.
    So I am struggling to figure out how to get a key - do you have to buy the first one from the store? Or if you are looking in regular chests do you have to have drunk the elixir from the store to get the coins and key to drop?
    Founder of Mickory ~ Former Officer of ATD
    Thayill * Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Sargavand
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    So I am struggling to figure out how to get a key - do you have to buy the first one from the store? Or if you are looking in regular chests do you have to have drunk the elixir from the store to get the coins and key to drop?
    You get keys by questing, you'll see a new champion "Scourge of the snowpeaks" (mob looks like ice). Defeat this champion and they will spawn an ice chest. Keys have a chance to drop in those chests.
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

augment of cha and dex now. Where is the str and con? We have gotten int, wis, cha and dex. Seems like melee gettin jipped again.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    augment of cha and dex now. Where is the str and con? We have gotten int, wis, cha and dex. Seems like melee gettin jipped again.
    Since you can get int/wis/cha/dex to damage, these also help some melee builds. Maybe another new event will bring the missing augments.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Why doesn't Flurry recognize key's in bags when they are coded to go into bags?

Why can you slide back up the ramps?

Why does the course finish before you cross the finish line?

I hope whoever threw this together only charged for about 20 minutes of work.
    Last edited by voxson5; 01-13-2021 at 02:33 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    A new Champion type, Scourge of the Snowpeaks, has arrived, and if you slay these Champions, a chest will appear that will reward you with Bronze, Silver, or Gold Snowpeaks Coins.

Every time you defeat a Scourge of the Snowpeaks there is also a rare chance that the chest will contain a Frozen Key, which you can turn in to Flurry for access to the Snowpeaks themself! Frozen Keys can also be found in chests throughout the game while the event is active, but at a rarer rate.
    It's amazing what one can learn if one reads the relevant posted guide.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Question

Where exactly does the "Scourge Of The Snpow peaks" Champions appear ? In every quest ? In wildernesses ? Only at elite difficulty ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Where exactly does the "Scourge Of The Snpow peaks" Champions appear ? In every quest ? In wildernesses ? Only at elite difficulty ?
    Haven't seen them in wilderness (yet), but definitely in quests in elite or higher. I've not run norm/hard.

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Why doesn't Flurry recognize key's in bags when they are coded to go into bags?

Why can you slide back up the ramps?

Why does the course finish before you cross the finish line?

I hope whoever threw this together only charged for about 20 minutes of work.

allow me to go one step further and ask:

Why isnt there a trader passing out the loot for free, instead of having to run this slide?

seriously, my 6 year old nephew will get bored after 2 runs of this ''event''...
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

Where'd the Festivult Jester go? According to the DDO Chronicle 406, the Jester is available "through" 1/13. That should include all of the 13th, not until 9am Eastern.

Why don't you allow us to exchange up for gold? This means the ONLY place you can get gold is from the quests champ chests or the Snowpeaks slide. This is was a poor design choice and you might as well have a direct link to the Store for keys. You could have 500 bronze, 250 silver - but you'd STILL have to buy a key or farm one to get gold.
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

Community Member

Am I blind? The guide and the in game prompt say that Flurry is in the Hall of Heroes. I've looked all over the Hall of Heroes in Eveningstar and do not see someone named Flurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwinge View Post
    Am I blind? The guide and the in game prompt say that Flurry is in the Hall of Heroes. I've looked all over the Hall of Heroes in Eveningstar and do not see someone named Flurry.
    Try the one in the marketplace (Ebberon)

Coin sliding game is kinda cool, is that the only game?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast