Default BUG with XP pot and Otto box!

Anyone else got that bug where XP pots was not factored in when using an Otto box?

Long story short i (with another guildy) am in a Otto train doing Racial TR's!

After a few uneventful Box i took this one (with the 50% xp pot, ship buff and all) but guess what?

Boom! 2,100,000 xp only!
    I am not a MIT engineer for sure but where i'm from 2,000,000 * 50% = 3,000,000!

Instead of starting level 18 like we did for at least the 6 previous life, now i am barely 15!

I sent a ticket (#5322249) but there is an estimate waiting response time of 16 hours!

If i ever 1 quest and get xp will i screw even more? Or should i wait?
    Last edited by Demonfire; 12-30-2020 at 04:17 PM.

X DDO QUÉBEC X

Default It will be a long wait.

The problem with waiting for customer service is you have to stay online for days.......not hours but days.

The lack of service is incredible.

I lost all my Epic Destiny xp during a TR. I got it fixed. But only by leaving my character logged on to the game for 2 days.

Luckily I am working from home, if not for the Pandemic I would never have gotten it fixed.

I would take screen shots and start questing, otherwise you kind of defeat the purpose of using the box if you sit online, doing nothing for 2 days waiting for support as you probably could have leveled in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    The problem with waiting for customer service is you have to stay online for days.......not hours but days.

The lack of service is incredible.

I lost all my Epic Destiny xp during a TR. I got it fixed. But only by leaving my character logged on to the game for 2 days.

Luckily I am working from home, if not for the Pandemic I would never have gotten it fixed.

I would take screen shots and start questing, otherwise you kind of defeat the purpose of using the box if you sit online, doing nothing for 2 days waiting for support as you probably could have leveled in that time.
    This is funny how such good customers we are when we spend some 200$ (260 CAD!) to get a huge DDO point bundle! After that it's tuff luck!

X DDO QUÉBEC X

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfire View Post
    I sent a ticket (#5322249) but there is an estimate waiting response time of 16 hours!

16 hours huh? I've got a ticket in that's been unanswered for 16 days as of today.

SSG's Customer Service is a complete and utter joke. Honestly, whoever is in charge of that abysmal failure should go back to screwing up fast food drive thru orders because they're apparently completely unqualified to run a coffeemaker, let alone a customer service department.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpDerply View Post
    16 hours huh? I've got a ticket in that's been unanswered for 16 days as of today.

SSG's Customer Service is a complete and utter joke. Honestly, whoever is in charge of that abysmal failure should go back to screwing up fast food drive thru orders because they're apparently completely unqualified to run a coffeemaker, let alone a customer service department.
    Ok... i guess i should be better off playing as if nothing happened, suck it up and stop waiting!

X DDO QUÉBEC X

Community Member

Was this problem ever resolved?

Boom! 2,100,000 xp only!
    I am not a MIT engineer for sure but where i'm from 2,000,000 * 50% = 3,000,000!
    Just as a side note, it's a good thing you aren't a MIT engineer.

2,000,000 *50% (.5) = 1,000,000
    2,000,000 *150% (1.5) = 3,000,000.

Not to deter from your main point though, gl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

Default SSG Support is the worst

Anyone else got that bug where XP pots was not factored in when using an Otto box?

Long story short i (with another guildy) am in a Otto train doing Racial TR's!

After a few uneventful Box i took this one (with the 50% xp pot, ship buff and all) but guess what?

Boom! 2,100,000 xp only!

Instead of starting level 18 like we did for at least the 6 previous life, now i am barely 15!

If i ever 1 quest and get xp will i screw even more? Or should i wait?
    Exact same thing happened to me (previous post on the subject in RED)

Okay, so 6 days ago I capped a character at 20 and decided to do a racial TR. I had been running on a 50% xp pot (sovereign II) for nearly 3 hours. After doing the racial TR, I got ship buffs and put on an item with a master's gift slotted. I used an Otto's Box xp stone.

I began to level my character and noticed that unlike the previous time that I had done the same procedure I was only able to get to 15th level (instead of 18th). I only had 2,400,000 xp instead of 3,400,000! It appears that the 50% pot was not taken into account at all.

I immediately put in an in-game ticket, explaining everything above, mentioning that I had 3:09 left on the 50% pot.

So the next day I logged in (since the "Help" module said there was an 11 hour wait ) and I got the following response...

"The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...form_id=438007 to aid in the research of this issue. Please understand that while bug reports are great for gathering information, bug reports may not be responded to and may not offer an immediate resolution to your issue."

At this time I noticed something strange, the timer for the sovereign II pot was at 3:37 so somehow the pot gained :28

I entered a bug report on the website. I then got a form email saying that it was received. The response email also says that you can reply to the email to add additional comments so I've been responding and asking for information.

That was 5 days ago and I have heard nothing else.

So my problem is that I purchased an Otto's Box and a sovereign II xp elixir, it didn't work properly, and I seem to have no way to resolve this issue. The in-game response basically came out and said as much "bug reports may not be responded to and may not offer an immediate resolution to your issue." I get that sometimes things don't work as expected but there should be some way to resolve the issue. Having the In-Game Support say they can't help then pushing it to a bug report which apparently may or may not respond is a ridiculous way to support your customers.

I have left the character in question exactly where she was when I noticed the problem (i.e. in a public area), hoping to get this solved.

I don't typically like to complain on the forums but I don't see any other way of getting some sort of attention (and more importantly resolution)...

No resolution so far and it has been nearly two weeks...
    Last edited by Keratesha; 02-02-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Similar just occured with improved epic otto stone, only got 4.8mill xp instead of the usual 6.8, 50%pot, mastervoice, ships and vip all usually add up but not the 50% pot this time, had intended to do 3 etr to use up some sagas and then racial but not if pots are broken, these are not cheap things, I also noticed that the pot instead of 6 hours only has 5:45 remaining and all i have done since consuming is etr and level to 20 in the grove.