Community Member

Default The Helpdesk is cr**

Raised a call on 27th December about an issue with the store. Waited 3 days before it was picked up and they simply put:

12/29/20 02:33 PM Greetings Anthitin! Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were offline with the affected character at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request from the character experiencing the issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks a bunch. You expect me to stay online for 3 day straight to fix a helpdesk issue? So I lose 2271 TPs? Appalling service if I may say.

2. 12-30-2020, 03:39 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin1 View Post
    Raised a call on 27th December about an issue with the store. Waited 3 days before it was picked up and they simply put:

12/29/20 02:33 PM Greetings Anthitin! Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were offline with the affected character at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request from the character experiencing the issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks a bunch. You expect me to stay online for 3 day straight to fix a helpdesk issue? So I lose 2271 TPs? Appalling service if I may say.
    There is no sector of SSG’s business model that isn’t an abysmal failure, and their CS is by far their biggest joke...truly deserving of that F-rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Default The CR of the Helpdesk Monster is...

Low? Or is it high? Low because it's a trash monster, or high because it's so difficult?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Low? Or is it high? Low because it's a trash monster, or high because it's so difficult?
    Gonna assume you already know it’s lower than low. At best, their CS is a negative CR...because it’s back-asswards, and even on the best days it’s like trying to deal with game-crippling lag.

The helpdesk is...

CRazy?
    CRushing it?
    CRashing?
    CRabby?
    CReepy?
    CRummy?
    CRass?

IDK

Community Member

The last stream of the year, Cordovan had the Dev with him. He said they are working on CS and Lag...

Does anyone believe that is going to happen since we have all heard this before in the past, while things continue to get worse?

I just have to take the approach of limiting what I spend here. Lowest expansion packs possible and Double points are rare occasions (one time every year at most and small dollar amounts). I handle DDO this way now since I know that I am playing a broken game that refuses to support its product.

Unless they buy more bandwidth, hire real engineers to fix bugs and hire people to answer tickets nothing will improve. All we can hope for if the new company that bought them implies quality control.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    The last stream of the year, Cordovan had the Dev with him. He said they are working on CS and Lag...

Does anyone believe that is going to happen since we have all heard this before in the past, while things continue to get worse?

I just have to take the approach of limiting what I spend here. Lowest expansion packs possible and Double points are rare occasions (one time every year at most and small dollar amounts). I handle DDO this way now since I know that I am playing a broken game that refuses to support its product.

Unless they buy more bandwidth, hire real engineers to fix bugs and hire people to answer tickets nothing will improve. All we can hope for if the new company that bought them implies quality control.
    The only chance of CS improving is if the EG7 acquisition of SSG results in a big cash injection and a cleaning house on incompetent and lazy employees. SSG actually has some semi-decent CS team members who genuinely help people (I didn't believe they existed until I got one a few years back) but they're totally overshadowed by the ones who ignore all the tickets and then wait for you to log out for 1 millisecond and then instantly close your ticket, so it's a total game of Russian roulette to see if you get a competent person looking at your ticket or not. Generally email support is much better than in game support (which is effectively non-existent)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    It's a red-named Otyugh. Both very difficult to deal with, and still very much a trash monster.

Now, my own experience with customer service has been nothing but stellar, but that was way, way back when, and the horror stories multiplying force me to believe this is an exception to the rule.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Hero

Customer Service is a lie in DDO.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Default If it can help you understand better!

Here is the answer to your question my poor friend!
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/needham-hg..._7Zj_UktW0_hCE

X DDO QUÉBEC X

DDO has a customer service department? *mock surprise*
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion"

I lived in Boston. Good customer service is they don't punch you in the face. And don't try to help a local, even odds they will go all taxi driver on you.