Community Member

Default When to replace Sky Pirate's Daggers?

So now that we can make Sky Pirate's dagger invulnerable with feydark illusionist, anyone figure out when to replace them?

Community Member

As soon as you get Improved Crit, you should probably reexamine your options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    So now that we can make Sky Pirate's dagger invulnerable with feydark illusionist, anyone figure out when to replace them?
    assassin's kiss at lvl 7 has same crit multiplier and higher base damage, so whenever you pick up improved crit, switch to that

Don't overlook Flint at lv 10 either. 2[1d6] +4 (19-20 x 2), Str or Dex to-hit/damage, with shocking burst and orange and red augments, so an average of 21 additional damage per hit from ruby augments (28 at lv 12 w/ lv 12 augments). You lose the x3 crit multi but gain significant base damage which offsets that.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

It has a superior base damage, better than Assassin’s Kiss so that bumps up +W damage from Vistani and other basic DPS options. Assassin’s Kiss has Deception which is nice though

Nightforge Stilletto is another level 12 option and you will crit more often (13-20 profile).

I use Slice and Dice because 1) I have them already 2) they look kewl 3) one is mythic +4 boosted

I use Sky Pirate and a ToEE offhand or Kiss offhand until 12; Sky/Kiss until 14, then Slice Dice.

Otherwise situational stiff like mabar one for oozes and the pirate ones for undead
    Last edited by Saekee; 12-30-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post

I use Sky Pirate and a ToEE offhand or Kiss offhand until 12; Sky/Kiss until 14, then Slice Dice.
    Ahh ok then this makes sense. I used to replace it earlier because it would break, but now we can go sometime after 12 for IC, and around S&D time.

Ahh ok then this makes sense. I used to replace it earlier because it would break, but now we can go sometime after 12 for IC, and around S&D time.
    Topic is a tad old but I just found myself pondering Sky Pirate replacement and for pretty much the same reason (breaking).

The reason I'm posting is because y'all missed what seems like a phenomenal upgrade: the L10 Guardian of the Liturgy from Temple of Vol:

L10 Guardian of the Liturgy
    [1d10] + 5 Slash, Pierce, Magic, Critical 19-20 / x2
    Bleed = This weapon is cruelly sharp and will do an additional 1 to 8 damage to targets that are vulnerable to bleeding.
    Heartseeker IV = on crit bonus of 9d6 for X2 weapons, 9d8 for X3 weapons, 9d10 for X4+ weapons
    Red Augment
    In heroics, that bonus on-crit damage is roughly the same as if the base profile was 19-20/x3 or even higher if you have worse bonus stats. Better still, it has a huge base; adding +1W doubles it's weapon base compared to just a 50% to the 2[1dX] weapons. So, if you have extra +W in your build, it will perform even better.

OTH, just how much extra crit do you need in heroics? With even moderate crit, fights tend toward "peck peck peck KA-BOOM: Giblets"; ie. one crit = dead. This argues more for something like Nightforge.

When it becomes a "dull" dagger.

There are a few daggers that I use in place of the Sky Pirate, but honestly in heroics, you could run with it all the way to 20 and need nothing else.

Maybe the dagger from pirate cove for undead.

Imo most heroic level daggers pale in comparison to Sky Pirate.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

At level 21 with drow dagger of the weapon master, with the desired effect, sentient jewel, and chances of mythic/reaper.
    Until then, sky pirate is probably the best choice.
    Yerro of Orien

I tend to use 2x Flint at level 10 now that they've been updated.