Community Member

Default Dwarven Barbarian - 2nd life build

Hi. I'm going on heroic life #2 (no tomes yet but may be able to grab something). Has anyone tried this build lately?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rven-Barbarian (I would probably take THF earlier).
    I use Carnifex through most heroic levels.

--Alternatively--

Has anyone tried making a Dwarven axe build to level 30? I dabbled (18-Barb/2-FTR) - which gave me heavy armor as well.

I'm primarily a N-H-E guy and rarely do Reaper (mostly solo or small party). Thanks
    Last edited by Ravenbrew; 12-29-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Community Member drunkbarbarian's Avatar

I have to say that there are not very many barb builds out there, because the trees are really good.
    That being said, there a ton of barb splash builds out there, but probably not suited to a second life character.

Strikethough enh made barbs somewhat easy to play.
    You can go 41 FB and 39 ravager for dps on a second life.
    Maybe 41 Ravager and 39 FB for self healing on hit.
    or 41 Ravager and Dwf pts for TYWA for instakills
    Maybe 41 OC for an more balanced tree, with more defenses.

The main thing is finding the ehn points for adding strikethough, so that you dont have to spend feats on power attack and the cleave line. Unless you feel like doing so.

There are a lot of great builders out there, I am not one.

However Barbs are str and con, level ups are str since barbs get con in trees. (except dwf Visage build)

Feats are THF line, improved crit (weapon type of choice), stunning blow, and choice your poison from there.

I will say that if you search the forums for Hardcore builds, that may help at bit. Time for another beer.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by drunkbarbarian; 01-01-2021 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Hi. I'm going on heroic life #2 (no tomes yet but may be able to grab something). Has anyone tried this build lately?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rven-Barbarian (I would probably take THF earlier).
    I use Carnifex through most heroic levels.

--Alternatively--

Has anyone tried making a Dwarven axe build to level 30? I dabbled (18-Barb/2-FTR) - which gave me heavy armor as well.

I'm primarily a N-H-E guy and rarely do Reaper (mostly solo or small party). Thanks

Unless you plan on an absolute Con monster, TYWA is a poor stand in for dps. At this point, the best barb build for a new toon is going to be something that gives a bit of forgiveness in melee. I would say if you have the falconry tree, to go wis build, and use falconry and occult slayer. You wont be as hard hitting as a pure barb or one of the more dps oriented builds, but your survivability will skyrocket.

If you dont have falconry, then my suggestion would be to main str as your to hit and damage, and run 12 barb 6 fighter and 2 rogue, for evasion. Focus on tactics{stuns and so forth}, and run light armor to make the most of evasion.

If youre dead set on a TYWA around build, here is a link to one of my older TYWA builds, that focused on the Ravager capstone: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ht=ifumoveudie

Even back then, it was a hitter in epics, and later in reapers.
    Proud member of the ArchAngels guild, Thelanis.
    Policegirl Killz, Porklord Meatfield, Pilfering Pirate.