Community Member

Default Dark Side of the Force

Shiradi nerfed in U51.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-23-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Heya I just wanted to complete my alternative paradigm builds with a caster, to complete the archtypes. Here were prior melee and ranged builds. The purpose of this build is to progress some on weaker archtypes that may not be good in high reaper, to find better challenge, and an alternative paradigm than the current paradigm of leveling in R1 and doing high reaper at cap. I had to go out of my way to really nerf a caster by not making it pure or mostly pure as designed. I did this on purpose to show the power of Shiradi over the power of say, a warlock. Shiradi casters are the weakest casters in the game, but I wanted to show that they were still powerful enough to function under this alternative paradigm.

There is no really right or wrong way to build a Shiradi caster. The general idea is to cast spells that hit multiple times, and toss in an energy burst. Shiradi caster is overall weak, and it isn't something you would take into cap high reaper play. This rules out the R1 leveling into high reaper standard paradigm. So instead we gear it up and build it to walk directly into legendary low reaper solo at 20. Then we just level in low legendary reaper, and reincarnate at when done with good first time legendary XP bonus quests, which should be just about as we hit cap. Shiradi itself isn't powerful enough to level in midskull legendary reaper at 20. With a more powerful mostly pure base class one could do better, but this isn't about doing better in builds as much as showing even a weak caster can level in low legendary reaper solo at 20, or also group in same.

You can read the melee and/or ranged build threads for more on philosophy, fortification, and benefits of this alternative leveling style. I'm going to skip over heroic leveling. You level as a bombardier, and roll your face across the keyboard. Eventually you hit the multivial spell, and everything dies. That's heroics. Poison can't be evaded so you get Shiiradi procs, and Celestial pact makes lightning shoot out of your hands when you cone/wave attack. Heh.

Stats and build I tested on, for those interested. Stats slightly different than pictured I swapped twists around after testing and finding I needed energy burst damage:

(right click and open in new tab to make it bigger)

ED and enhancements:

Gear, spell power main hand stick is whatever your main nuke is:

Obligatory legendary reaper solo at 20 test. After I tested this, I realized I wanted energy burst, so changed twists up.

So there are much stronger caster builds, but it isn't about playing the much stronger caster builds all the time. It is finding a way to progress on weaker builds you want to play. Here is a level 26 gear set:

A few 27-29 upgrade items:

Happy Holidays
    -T

PS: And when I say weaker, I mean it *merely* solos R3 Sharn instead of R4 at level 20. Here are some Shiradi procs at cap, but most of the damage you get at 20:

I always like instant killing trash with raw damage. Just has that boss utility to go with it.
    Can we get a breakdown of the DPS. Last I did the math on shiradi the proc damage was very small compared to top arcane spells, even if you get 3 procs per second on warlock. The way I read this it's basically jusy half the damage of a pure shiradi warlock, unless you just rely on alch spells and energy burst?
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 01-04-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    Can we get a breakdown...
    Trust the Force. Let it flow through you.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-11-2021 at 10:47 AM.

4. 05-12-2021, 09:21 PM