Default Drow Hunter's Armor

So I have been farming this for AGES to Mirror it.
    Willing to offer..any number of things for it. If you have a currently unbound *its BTCoE version please DM me here and I will figure out someway to pay you. I'm beginning to think the drop simply no longer exists. More than willing to trade far more valuable items so that I can Mirror it and be done with this ridiculous non dropping quest we call red willows.

P.S. The armor itself sucks.. and i Cry at the thought of how many have simply vendored or trashed it due to that.. however the Cosmetic is unique and found on no other armor I can tell.
    Last edited by caberonia; 12-26-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I don't know if this helps you ... but lowest level armor sometimes has a similar look ... I think light armor ...

Lowest level armor comes in various "parts". Some are mixed with one another, some look like better fitting together. For example medium armor breast parts on light armor parts. Trousers that look a whole lot different than the upper part.

Combinations of that float around in the random loot list at the lowest levels, perhaps in Sharn Syndicate, too ? You just need to buy lowest level light and medium armor from the pawn brokers or farm it yourself and look whether it has the look you want.

I have personally seen parts of the Drow Hunter's armor myself ... I think rather as playing a Rogue, since the looks sometimes seem to correspond with the class ...

The body of the Drow Hunter's armor looks like necromancer wizard's armor ... Long ago I even got that as starter gear on Lamannia ! The upper part which looks like coming from Jeet's armor is something thast gets sometimes mixed with other armor parts.

Maybe you can find something like that.

The only really unique thing of that Drow Hunter's armor is the combination of that "necromancer caster" robe and Rogue upper armor part.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I don't know if this helps you ... but lowest level armor sometimes has a similar look ... I think light armor ...

Lowest level armor comes in various "parts". Some are mixed with one another, some look like better fitting together. For example medium armor breast parts on light armor parts. Trousers that look a whole lot different than the upper part.

Combinations of that float around in the random loot list at the lowest levels, perhaps in Sharn Syndicate, too ? You just need to buy lowest level light and medium armor from the pawn brokers or farm it yourself and look whether it has the look you want.

I have personally seen parts of the Drow Hunter's armor myself ... I think rather as playing a Rogue, since the looks sometimes seem to correspond with the class ...

The body of the Drow Hunter's armor looks like necromancer wizard's armor ... Long ago I even got that as starter gear on Lamannia ! The upper part which looks like coming from Jeet's armor is something thast gets sometimes mixed with other armor parts.

The only really unique thing of that Drow Hunter's armor is the combination of that "necromancer caster" robe and Rogue upper armor part.
    It's literal only use is as a glamour. That being said maryChoppins was nice enough to pass me a pair to get mirrored. Thanks again.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

I've gotten a number of them over the years but they disappear in no time on the asah, sometimes even for 100+ shards

I use it combined with glammered sunglasses but still haven't settled on a cloak to match. Which cloak appearance will you be using with it?
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

I use Glamored Hood of Unrest, Glamored Cloak of Night and Beast 2 Dark/Steel Medium Cosmetic Armor as go-to outfit for my rogues.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I have glamored/glamered Garments Of Equilibrium. Fits very well to my "smurfette" blue-skinned Aasimar.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I've gotten a number of them over the years but they disappear in no time on the asah, sometimes even for 100+ shards

I use it combined with glammered sunglasses but still haven't settled on a cloak to match. Which cloak appearance will you be using with it?
    Hood of unrest and i haven't decided on a cloak. It was for the Main on my primary alt account if that makes sense so she relies on dice rolls for mirrors.

Unfortunately she's currently wearing the White hood of schemes which i really should have passed to my main account to mirror for my cleric but meh ill loot another one maybe lol.

That being said.. if mary would like the armor back to sell on the ASAH i have my mirror copy so would be willing to send it back.

and kinda off topic.. but this is actually a GOOD example of something that was made useless stat wise but is still a hard to find/get Item for the appearance. Not every item needs UBER stats to be sought after. A weak item that is rare with a unique appearance can be sought after just as much as some higher stat items.
    Last edited by caberonia; 12-28-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Community Member

Default Reply to Drow Hunters Armor

Back in the day, this armor looked the best. This is of course before free to play where you now can get cosmetics. I still think its pretty cool looking for a rogue. Like others have said, not very good armor, just the looks are good. Can anyone confirm they still spawn in Red Willow? I had two sets and can only find one (Haven't looked on all alts) with a 48 durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

this is so true—I got a lootgen version of Guard of the Shogun and had to look up thr named items cosmetic page to figure out its origin. Buy up a ton of lootgen and try them on; you can always just crunch them after. Plus sometimes you get some stunning combos that no one else will likely have. Aaand it is a good use for bloated plat accounts...
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by caberonia View Post
    So I have been farming this for AGES to Mirror it.
    Willing to offer..any number of things for it. If you have a currently unbound *its BTCoE version please DM me here and I will figure out someway to pay you. I'm beginning to think the drop simply no longer exists. More than willing to trade far more valuable items so that I can Mirror it and be done with this ridiculous non dropping quest we call red willows.

P.S. The armor itself sucks.. and i Cry at the thought of how many have simply vendored or trashed it due to that.. however the Cosmetic is unique and found on no other armor I can tell.

I know this is two years after this topic was going.... just had to say.... ive been looking for it for years.
    i got it once, when i was new to ddo... i thought it looked awesome but it was really weak.... i kept it until i ran out of inventory and bank space.... BUT.. i had no idea it was a rare drop, until i started looking for it because i wanted to glamor it. its been yeeeaarrrssss that ive been running redwillow and even with multiple diff characters (in case that mattered) and i have NEVER seen it again... id pay whatever is needed to acquire it again... i just want to glamor it... if any of you has it and wants to part with it... please.... get a hold of me

Lilymadwhiptwo
    Cannith Server
    Adventurer's Guild

glamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.