Community Member

Default Warchanter Strikethrough Build Ideas

Firstly, strikethrough is amazing. I have very limited experience with melee builds. The quality of life provided by strikethrough and freezing attacks is game changing. The realms of reaper questing with melee require build power over past lifes, I'm no completionist. Repeatable crowd control on a mild DPS platform opens the door for sub optimal builds, and important past life goals. All this for 4 class levels and 26-29 AP.

The Warchanter tier 3 freezing attack is a 6 second cool down, and with mild investment in feats, reliably freezes multiple targets.

The tier 4 vorpal enhancement reliably freezes a target.

I'm sure this is obvious to all of you. What I'd like to know, what are your two handed warchanter builds requiring?

My expectations of any build that dips 4 bard and 26-29 AP to enable freezing;
    Strikethrough
    Twohanded feats

If that's all it takes, what else is possible? Are there other requirements for a Warchanter dip? How should we optimize the multitude of options?

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerTroll View Post
    Strikethrough
    Twohanded feats
    That's pretty much the bones

If you want to tap out strikethrough in heroics, add in strikethrough from racial trees (eg PDK/human/WF), and splash 2/barbarian for more in t2 frenzied berserker.

Add a cleric/fvs level for CHA stance to help DC's on a low level splash.

Community Member

Thief Acrobat has 20% strikethrough, 5W trip cleave, and sneak dice. Rogue for main class brings a bunch to the table at a very low enhancement point fee. The opposite of barbarian, if you go barb for main class you'd want to spend AP there.

Epic destines are wide open. FvS or Cleric could be comfy in any of the spheres.

Community Member

Half Orc Bard 13 / Barbarian 6 / Cleric 1
    Falchion
    T5 Frenzied Berserker
    T4 Warchanter
    T2 Feydark for CHA to hit and Damage
    T1 Warpriest Divine Might
    Any left over AP probably in Horc
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Community Member

I'm playing a 13bard/6fighter/1fvs pdk using greatsword atm. CHA to hit/damage from pdk. I have 2 racial points. 7 points in pdk, 44 warchanter, 14 kensai, 14 stalwart, 3 warsoul. 200% ST by twisting malicious weapons and adding 10% in pdk tree. Sub par but solid and fun to play with standing DCs around 100, getting around 120 with divine might, 265 PRR, 185 MRR and 20% dodge in heavy armor. 1800 hps. Unbufffed stats standing on ship with no relevant PLs except for 10 EPLs (3 martial, 3 primal, 3 divines and 1 arcane). I played a 12Fighter/7bard/1fvs and it was also a blast with similar stats and DCs

Community Member

I've been playing a PDK 13 bard, 5 barbarian, 2 fighter build entirely focused on using Frozen Fury with strikethrough as part of a weekly static group since about April last year. Goes into T5 Frenzied Berserker for strikethrough and +2 crit multiplier. I intended to use greatswords via Charisma thanks to being PDK and also get that tactics bonus plus extra strikethrough so I wind up with 200% strikethrough in heroics to always hit 3 targets, although at the moment I'm using a bastard sword because I happened to get a Spinal Tap and don't expect to get a better greatsword. I'm up to character level 12, no T5 yet as my AP are divided between too many other things, and things have been going great despite playing on R1 on a first life character with no outside sources of gear.

Edit: I should mention the only reason why I'm taking 2 fighter levels is because I can't +1 lesser reincarnate the first fighter level out when the character is for a static group. I would be taking 2 FvS for haste boost and Divine Might if I could.

Also, you definitely want more than 4 levels of bard. The duration of the freezes depends on your number of bard levels. One of the reasons why I wanted to focus on the single target Frozen Fury over the cleave version was because it lasts twice as long for the amount of bard levels you have. The single target one lasts for as many seconds as you have bard levels and the cleave lasts half that. Even with the split, Frozen Fury still lasts longer than the cleave would.
    Last edited by Jennan; 01-25-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerTroll View Post
    Firstly, strikethrough is amazing. I have very limited experience with melee builds. The quality of life provided by strikethrough and freezing attacks is game changing. The realms of reaper questing with melee require build power over past lifes, I'm no completionist. Repeatable crowd control on a mild DPS platform opens the door for sub optimal builds, and important past life goals. All this for 4 class levels and 26-29 AP.

The Warchanter tier 3 freezing attack is a 6 second cool down, and with mild investment in feats, reliably freezes multiple targets.

The tier 4 vorpal enhancement reliably freezes a target.

I'm sure this is obvious to all of you. What I'd like to know, what are your two handed warchanter builds requiring?

Strikethrough
    Twohanded feats

If that's all it takes, what else is possible? Are there other requirements for a Warchanter dip? How should we optimize the multitude of options?
    Currently I am a warchanter/swash. You can be a swf bastard sword warchanter, which will give you strikethrough, but you can't swashbuckle with one.
    Chaotic Good but in real life

Community Member

IIRC the freezes might be a bit too short with only 4 bard levels.