Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staggering
    Pale Fox

The question that I have, will coins start dropping now from each and every chest no matter which "plane" the quest is located on?
    Seems we are at a point where there are more quest that don't drop them...

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    What random gear is currently exciting to wear?

I think I must have missed something (unless it's an ML1 repeating vorpal crossbow)
    Got that too i think, need to check.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The question that I have, will coins start dropping now from each and every chest no matter which "plane" the quest is located on?
    Seems we are at a point where there are more quest that don't drop them...
    I'm in Feywild farming for rainbow chests because I can do that while I'm on calls and I can't run real quests with a hand injury and work to do. I have seen that coins drop in normal feywild chests. Coins do drop in chests that you have ransacked. Coins do not drop in chests that are 100% ransacked (you have stripped everything of value from this chest). Coins do not drop in Feytwisted chests.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I think I must have missed something (unless it's an ML1 repeating vorpal crossbow)
    For Newbies, everything is still good. I mean, where's the fun in going through the quest with an über character ?

You always see things from a powergamer's perspective, to whom EVERYTHING is trash. Except named loot, and only that only "maybe". It must have Reaper bonus to satisfy your taste.

To me, most of the players here are like content locusts : Only the finest, only the best. You would newver be satisfies by a simple bowl of soup, for example. (I did had obne, only minutes ago !)

You don't even know anymore how it is to play with crappy gear. You want a challenge ? Then do that !

Personally, I tend to think that the powergamer attitude is kind of ruining the game in the end, because powergamer attitude leads directly into an arms race, leads directly into powercreep.

You players do Reaper for a challenge ? No, I doubt that. I rather believe you do it to show yourself and others what power is. How powerful your character is.
    I managed to get throuh all quests in crappy gear through years ago, and you will be able to do so even without augments. I'm speaking of low level quests, of course.

The state of the current Collectors represents a state of the game without Reaper - and a state of the game with much less powercreep, I guess.

You don't really need those augments. Unless you play Reaper of course. But you don't need to play Reaper. You could play gimped. If you want a challenge, that is.

And if you play Reaper for the xp : Just do it like any F2P player has to do it : Play the game 3 times : Once oin normal, so that hard gets unlocked, once in hard, so that elite gets unlocked, once in elite, so that you get max favour. With the xp from these 3 playthroughs, you don't need Reaper anymore.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    For Newbies, everything is still good. I mean, where's the fun in going through the quest with an über character ?

You always see things from a powergamer's perspective, to whom EVERYTHING is trash. Except named loot, and only that only "maybe". It must have Reaper bonus to satisfy your taste.

To me, most of the players here are like content locusts : Only the finest, only the best. You would newver be satisfies by a simple bowl of soup, for example. (I did had obne, only minutes ago !)

You don't even know anymore how it is to play with crappy gear. You want a challenge ? Then do that !

Personally, I tend to think that the powergamer attitude is kind of ruining the game in the end, because powergamer attitude leads directly into an arms race, leads directly into powercreep.

You players do Reaper for a challenge ? No, I doubt that. I rather believe you do it to show yourself and others what power is. How powerful your character is.
    I managed to get throuh all quests in crappy gear through years ago, and you will be able to do so even without augments. I'm speaking of low level quests, of course.

The state of the current Collectors represents a state of the game without Reaper - and a state of the game with much less powercreep, I guess.

You don't really need those augments. Unless you play Reaper of course. But you don't need to play Reaper. You could play gimped. If you want a challenge, that is.

And if you play Reaper for the xp : Just do it like any F2P player has to do it : Play the game 3 times : Once oin normal, so that hard gets unlocked, once in hard, so that elite gets unlocked, once in elite, so that you get max favour. With the xp from these 3 playthroughs, you don't need Reaper anymore.
    That's a WHOLE lot of assumptions about my intentions and preferences there, buddy.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    ALL I really care about is... will we still have snow in the Harbor? And will the snowing atmospheric effect still follow us to other public zones? ...and will Eveningstar still get snowbank and snowmen décor?

Actually I'd rather see both everywhere but its probably too much to ask DDO to have ALL public zones be decorated with snow, snowmen, and have the snowing effect.

This really did make the winter holidays special in-game.
    Can I get an answer on this^? Because I really, really want to know if we're loosing or keeping the snow?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Kobold Cookies. The ones made from Kobolds for Kobolds with Kobolds.
    “Willy Loman: I don't want change, I want Swiss cheese!”

Default Ummm, what?

Am I reading this right? Are our icy burst kits going to be null and void at the end of this event or will we still be able to use them in the new event? I started this game in 2009 and I've farmed Risia every year non stop to horde Kits for alts and future lives and I am going to be super bummed if that was all for naught. Are you saying that they are use or lose now?

Random gear with the Risia or Winter Game effects (like Icy Burst) are great for lower level toons when TRing. Low level gear mostly sucks so adding Icy Burst to a level 5 piece of gear makes it kickass for that level imho.

Have the Kobolds finally managed to delay the: Jester of Festivult?

Apparently the Kobolds used to steal his Carols (before my time); I haven't seen him and his colourful multicoloured-text on the forums this year, he should scheduled arrive within the next day or two. Or is he just "social distancing". I believe in those days olden days; +4 Tomes were powerful status symbols and likely could buy the clan Kobolds great favours.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I do hope that there will still be winter with the new events ! I'm SOOO MUCH looking for that winter look throughout the whole year ! And I'm NOT joking !!!
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

So the gold, silver, and copper coins will stay? You mention the winter parts going away, but not the actual Festivult which I assume means it and it's coins will be staying and will be part of the new winter festival.

I would like a little more information about what things I need to be trading in or selling and what things I might want to hang on to before the end of the games this season.
    Last edited by TedSandyman; 12-29-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    So the gold, silver, and copper coins will stay? You mention the winter parts going away, but not the actual Festivult which I assume means it and it's coins will be staying and will be part of the new winter festival.

I would like a little more information about what things I need to be trading in or selling and what things I might want to hang on to before the end of the games this season.
    Same here.

I'm still using/selling everything across the board cuz just don't know, and getting stuck with useless 'stuff' is more of a bummer than reacquiring it. I do look at my Ice Skates on every server kinda side-eyed, wondering if those will still have a function.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-04-2021 at 05:12 AM. Reason: stuck, not stuff
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Default Could you some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Early next year we will be debuting a new winter event! This will be your last chance to take part in the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival, called the DDO Winter Games. These events could return in some capacity in the future, but this will be your final opportunity to play them as part of a regular seasonal event. The rewards from these festivals will also be brought into the new winter event, minus the current recipes and related crafting ingredients, which will no longer be used. We'll have more to say in the future, but we want to make sure that you get one last chance to run Risia and Midwinter.
    So a Fire Sale on Icy Motes?

What about the Midwinter tokens?- The items you use to "see" the snowflakes during the Ice Skating course.

Mordenkainen's other apprentice Vizar's Avatar

Default what about the coins?

"...minus the current recipes and related crafting ingredients".

Does this mean the white/blue/purple coins will no longer be used?

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Default An ode' to the good times!

Ah Risia! How I remember the good old days! All the goodies I did forge from this great event! I still have one of my (if not the first) weapons enhanced by this event - my first year of playing! The Risia bursted (Icy Burst) Cold Iron Shocking Burst Great Axe of Pure Good!

Kept it after all these years! About ten years, in fact!
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Default Risia Ice game coins

Is the 6th the last day we can trade in the ice coins?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Ah Risia! How I remember the good old days! All the goodies I did forge from this great event! I still have one of my (if not the first) weapons enhanced by this event - my first year of playing! The Risia bursted (Icy Burst) Cold Iron Shocking Burst Great Axe of Pure Good!

Kept it after all these years! About ten years, in fact!
    I still have a pair of Wounding Heavy Pick of Piercing with Icy Burst on them. From back when that was relevant...
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The season of Festivult is now underway with Copper, Silver, and Gold coins appearing randomly in chests! Here is the current schedule, and an important note about future events:

Festivult Coins begin to appear: Thursday, December 3rd
    Jester of Festivult arrives: Wednesday, December 9th (late morning Eastern)
    Festivult Coins stop appearing: Wednesday, January 6th
    Jester of Festivult: available through Wednesday, January 13th, 2021

Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival:

Begins: Wednesday, December 9th (late morning Eastern)
    Ends: Available through Tuesday, January 5th (ending the morning of January 6th)

Early next year we will be debuting a new winter event! This will be your last chance to take part in the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival, called the DDO Winter Games. These events could return in some capacity in the future, but this will be your final opportunity to play them as part of a regular seasonal event. The rewards from these festivals will also be brought into the new winter event, minus the current recipes and related crafting ingredients, which will no longer be used. We'll have more to say in the future, but we want to make sure that you get one last chance to run Risia and Midwinter.
    can we get some information about what is not coming back ingredient wise ive been gone and have lots of ingredients

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12