Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Default The Kighter, a Half-Elf Rogue/Monkcher (Arcane Archer)

Hello all! This is Illmer, my wisdom based Rogue Falconer. It is a build with DPS focus first, but it has some nice, back-up, crowd control too. Wisdom based has a lot of nice synergies with the Falconry and Arcane Archer trees for Paralyze and Bird attacks and the damage is fine (Id say great even!). Its a glass canon, but played carefully its a huge asset to the party. Its built around high ranged power and crit multipliers, for those fun Hunt's End/Slaying shots!

These last few updates has made me adjust the build, and I have archived the builds in this thread:

Pre U49 6mnk w/10K Stars - no longer possible
    Pre U50 Current build before Stat Squish
    Pre U55 Current build at lvl30 Cap

My old build thread, if you want to read of the characters journey from 2015 till now.
    I also have a Bardcher version buried in my thread here : https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6517535

Pretty stars-aligned! But near impossible to stack Vulnerability on dummy. Here is a better T-Rex crit with Vulnerability and Timestop

Build Features:
    133% Doubleshot +5% Shadow Arrows
    323 Ranged Power +Boosting bows
    111 Bird DC
    77% Helplessness damage
    23 Sneak Attack dice, 14 Bonus Imbue dice
    3x9 Action Boosts (Melee/Ranged Power, Attack & Sprint)
    Trapper w/Fast Movement

Unbuffed stats on the ship

Stats:
    08 STR
    14 DEX (adjust for tomes, 19 dex by lvl15)
    16 CON
    12 INT
    18 WIS + levels
    08 CHA

Feats: (bonus)
    01 Point Blank Shot, Ranger Dilletante (half elf)
    02 Rapid Shot (fighter)
    03 Precision, Zen Archery (monk)
    06 Precise Shot
    09 Manyshot
    11 Improved Critical : Ranged (fighter)
    12 Pastlife : Rogue
    14 Improved Evasion (rogue)
    15 Adept of Forms, Improved Precise Shot (fighter)
    18 Master of Forms
    19 Weapon Focus : Ranged (fighter)
    20 Opportunist (rogue)
    21 Combat Archery
    22 Holy Strike
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    25 Crush Weakness
    27 Imp Sneak Attack
    28 Doubleshot
    30 Watchful Eye
    30 Scion of Arborea
    31 Legendary Aim
    Level order: R F M R R R R R R R F R F R F R F R F R

Enhancements:

Skills: (item/stance swap)
    Disable Device 55 (132)
    Jump 47 *12ranks
    Open Lock 68 (102)
    Search 68 (142)
    Spot 91 (121)
    Spellcraft 57 *11ranks
    Tumble 46 *1rank
    UMD 57

Epic Destinies:

Spellpower:
    Electric 589
    Positive 523

DCs: (item/stance swap)
    Bird 111 (113)
    Paralyze 69 (84)

Reaper Trees:

Gear Set:

Weapons: Chaosbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Boots: Osfield's Lightning Boots
    Bracers: Leg Admiral's Wristwatch
    Trinket: Leg Red Raptor Feather
    Neck: Leg Pendant of the Sea
    Gloves: Leg Birchlore Gauntlets
    Armor: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Outfit
    Helm: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Helmet
    Cloak: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Cloak
    Goggles: Leg Blazing Sniper's Sights (+3wis)
    Belt: Leg Belt of Sure Strikes (+3wis)
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+3wis) (Fili: +10RP +5RP +5RP)
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue
    Quiver: Epic Purifying Quiver

(Augment sets)
    I also use Esoterica augment set when paralyzing, those I slotted into a spare Recruit Sigil, Onyx Ring and Attunement's Gaze
    I also use Piercing Mind augment set when trapping, those I slotted into Collective Sight, Keylock Ring and Bow of the Elements(Air)

Thx for checking my build, I wish you lots of fun with it!
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-11-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Default Comonly asked questions

Why Rogue?
    I wanted a class with uncanny dodge, to use "Through the Mist" filigree for the ranged power. The 15d6 sneak attack also helps!

Doesn't Manyshot and 10K Stars share cooldown?
    Yes they do, but you can sorta chain them anyway. 10K, Manyshot, (10sec cooldown), 10K, (30sec cooldown), repeat. So thats 80sec with a bonus and 40sec without. During 120sec cycle I get 2/3rd uptime then, not too bad!

Whats the focus of the build? Just DPS?
    I specced mostly for DPS yes, but it is also wisdom-based and can paralyze (maybe need to gear for it), and single target + AoE Blindness/Fort reduction (again gearing helps). Then I can also trap, but with just 12 starting Int this also takes gear lol

Whats the difference compared to your 10rog 6mnk 4fgt?
    4 fighter got me Wpn Spec for 1atk 2dmg 4rp, you could also fit in Shot on the Run instead, if that ever gets worthwhile to take. The 13rog went for more sneak atk, up 5d6 from just more lvls and Imp sneak feat. I also got Opportunist for 10% extra Fort Bypass.

Any kind of wiggleroom in the build?
    I took Pastlife feats, if you dont like those you can substitute. This build also works with Elf so you can get some pastlives with some variations of the build, the obvious Rog PL or Half Elf PL or Elf PL
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 01-04-2021 at 05:18 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Updated OP, I think its where I want it to be atm. Let me know if you think its missing some info!
    Subpar, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    Updated OP, I think its where I want it to be atm. Let me know if you think its missing some info!
    What is up with this damage number? 3 numbers, a comma, 4!!! numbers, a comma, then 3 numbers. What number system is this?

Are you doing 172 million damage or is it 1 billion 724 million damage? I have the confusion.

Hehe yeah it looks a bit wierd! There is a + missing, between 339,843 (+) 5,101... Combat log has it right, for a total of 344,944 dmg. And 177,507 dmg the 5,101 is sneak attack.

But Im very happy with nearly 350k dmg
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 12-22-2020 at 02:19 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Sweet damage, I wondered how far slayers can be pushed these days.

I swapped Enlightenment for Lily Petal a while back, there's defo more ki generation with that. Still sucks trying to remember to spam it constantly out of combat but it's actually possible to recharge in decent time if you find yourself ook.

Also, I find shock arrows take an age to stack vulnerability, even with liberal use of final strike. Do you use the KT bow or similar for fetters before switching to Twisted Willow?

Thanks Anti, nice tip about Lily Petal! Yes, I use Chaosbow to stack Fetters when I do these max crit tests, but in actual game Im too lazy to do that hehe Maybe I should get better at it
    Subpar, Orien

Im too lazy
    LOL +1, same here, that's why I haven't got Chaosbow yet.

I added a new video to the OP, a reaction video! You see, I submitted my build for review by the ever-so-helpfull Strimtom and I felt I had to respond to some of his points.
    Subpar, Orien

Yesterday, I tried to improve on my DC abilities: Paralyzing Arrows and Bird attacks. I farmed out an Onyx ring and upgraded it with ins wisdom and I also use ran gen +6 +3 enchant goggles. I will buy Attunements Gaze eventually, for a bit more DC, and those also double dip as Mass Frog DC. I did not switch to Mass Frog to test it yet, but Ill include the calculation.

I calculate with Attunements Gaze and being in wisdom stance. Thats 86 unbuffed wisdom for a 38 modifier. I do this to see the max possibility of the build :

PARA : 77DC : 20 + 38(mod) + 4(enhancement) + 2(profane) + 2(aug) + 11(item)
    FROG : 83DC : 30 + 38(mod) + 2(profane) + 2(aug) + 11(item)
    BIRD : 89DC : 10 + 30(char lvl) +35(mod) + 14(item) - Here I switch from Onyx ring to Silver Tongue, so loose some wisdom

Ive play tested a little bit and it looked promising! I havent seen a bird trip attack yet, but blind is pretty reliable and mobs paralyze pretty well in R6. Ill ofc test more here in the coming days, but Im very happy to have the CC option for trash and then switch to dps for bosses. Again it is even more swap-in items, but Ive embraced that part of the build

cya later
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 01-13-2021 at 06:38 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Noticed a nice thing about being in wisdom stance. It also has passive KI regen, and it continues to build above my KI/Concentration score... 100 more! I wonder if that could allow me to twist in something else than Enlightenment?

Hmm, ok so if I remove Enlightenment I no longer build above my "cap", which is then 96, even in wisdom stance. Also this removes the ability to regen in fire stance. Im not sure if I can live without Enlightenment, but its usually that or Dance of Flowers I twist out for stuff like Sheathe for some raids.
    Subpar, Orien

Community Member

Default Stay Frosty

Nice looking build, I may try it soon. Only change I think I'd make is Stay Frosty in place of Stay Good. In my ranged toons, I like sneaking in crippling, tendon slice or at least Frosty to minimize mobs ability to get me me and run out of melee range of tank.

Stay Frosty: Shiradi Ranged Stance: (Cooldown: 5 seconds) Ranged and thrown attacks and offensive spells have a 7% chance to deal [3d10/3d20] extra cold damage and slow movement speed for [5/10] seconds. This Cold damage scales with 200% Ranged Power.

Hey Moonhaven, thx for your comment!

Yeah you could fit in Stay Frosty, but the Bird attacks from Falconry also slows mobs, regardless of the attack lands or not. I think slow from Frosty may be better, but I dont miss it on this build. And I really like having Stay Good, so I dont have to augment my weapon. I wish you good luck with the build if you do try it out! 8)

Ilmer
    Subpar, Orien

Finished my +4con augment set today, but it will only be a placeholder until I get my other sets. When that happens, my Bard will get the con set, but it is still some ways off...

Therefore Im not gonna edit the character screen picture, but I now sit at 64con/1682HP. I also have added a pic of where my reaper tree's are at, Ive gotten up to 54 points which is sort of a sweetspot for me atm 8)
    Subpar, Orien

I finished another augment set, Esoterica +4dc! These I plan to slot into Attunements Gaze, Onyx ring and new Fey bow. This will be for paralyze mainly, but also works on Mass Frog, should you take it. I think, I like Dreamscape too much, so will probably go without frog but Id like to test it out at some point. Its probably just gonna work on Totems and the more mindless enemies

Saw Attunements Gaze drop the other day, but sadly not for me. Im saving up runes for Family Blessings (have 1/3) and hope I get Gaze meanwhile. I think Ill land on 83 paralyze dc, when I get it all. Im at 73dc now and thats more effective than I thought!

My Open Raid LFM!s are going great. We raid everyday and I get runes/threads in a steady pace. Im 1 THTH item away from a main set, but only at 194 runes... But stay tuned for more updates
    Subpar, Orien

I finished another augment set, Esoterica +4dc! These I plan to slot into Attunements Gaze, Onyx ring and new Fey bow.
    Ok, so it looks like there will be no new bow 8( Then Ill slot Esoterica in a spare Recruit Sigil, but thats 3 items I need to switch, would have loved to just do 2 swaps. Im also trying out a new item setup, where I gave up on Prowess ring, so 4rp down (also switched to Dynamistic Quiver) so I can wear assassinate ring full time. Full time, except when paralyzing that is The Silver Tongue ring also had an extra green slot, where I put Runic Revitalization augment!

If they indeed leave out the bow, I may need Blinding Speed feat again. But a quick test showed only a 3-4 shot difference, in 1 minute, with 25% alacrity bow compared to base Speed item 15%
    So maybe PL : Pally will have to go, but I liked having it.
    Subpar, Orien

If they indeed leave out the bow, I may need Blinding Speed feat again. But a quick test showed only a 3-4 shot difference, in 1 minute, with 25% alacrity bow compared to base Speed item 15%
    So maybe PL : Pally will have to go, but I liked having it.
    As you can see Bow is back in!

However, you saw a difference with alacrity 25%? How many arrows/min did you get?

I assume it's because you don't get alacrity from DWS but to me there was no diff between haste 15% and alacrity 25%.

By the way, if you have the option of max wis-based DC, I suppose you could use Greater Color Spray from Illusionist? Sure AP starved and all, but it was really good back then. Could give up a bit of falconry for that if reliable DC.
    Last edited by FengXian; 02-18-2021 at 05:41 AM.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Hey! Yes, Im really happy about bow

It was a pretty quick test, circa 3-4 shot difference like you quoted. Cant remember exact number now but around the 86 shots per min mark which should be the animation cap.
    Id rather improve on my Paralyze DC like Im doing now, but need caster goggles first to slot everything. Ill leave the purple slot on bow for new augment.
    Subpar, Orien

Yes, cap should be around 86/min, I got the same number. I suppose 10% from DWS pushes my alacrity to cap even with just haste then.

Have you been using para arrows yet, and on that note, are you using IPS? I have basically stopped after the nerf, lining up the targets has always been a pain anyway unless they're already CC'd. Maybe still worth it with reliable para arrows though.

But if you can afford to choose between the two, GCS is so much better, makes them helpless and very easy to land AoE. But DC is gonna be an issue I believe.

Another thing, are you getting you +1 competence crit range somewhere? And if not do you miss it at all?
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Hey again, yes paralyze is sorta new to me on this build, but Im glad to have that option. And it works OK with my 73 DC (will be 83 in the end). I use IPS when paralyzing, yes, and I do have crit multi from Shadow Arrows core! edit: AHH, you say RANGE, no I dont have that and actually dont miss bc I have furyshot crit range. Ofc not every shot is fury, but I have 19-20 crits where my multipliers kick in.

Its a neat idea about color spray, but like you say, it will be a problem with AP.
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 02-19-2021 at 02:23 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast