Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Updated OP with U51 numbers. Still need a new max crit screenie, but RNG wasnt with me this morning
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    Updated OP with U51 numbers. Still need a new max crit screenie, but RNG wasnt with me this morning
    Thanks for the update, and for the build. I TR'd into this build after completing my final past life and have been sitting at cap with it for a while now. It seems like the new update has only added power to the build from my limited testing. It may not have quite the single target burst that it did before the update but man the sustained DPS is just stellar with the short cooldown on Hunt's End.

I was curious what you were going to use for trees, I went "all in" on damage and used, Shiradi (primary), GMoF and Shadowdancer, going up to tier 3 in both SD and GMoF. You get some nice additions like extra sneak attack dice, energy drain immunity, Ddoor and double shot in both trees. If the healing ends up being an issue I may have to change things up since I do not have cocoon and I didn't take healing spring so I am not sure that would be enough anyway.

Thanks again for the build having a lot of fun with it and the damage and utility only seems to have improved with the update from the testing I have done. If you did have max destiny/fate points, would you do anything differently with your trees? The points in Primal Avatar just look so sad and lonely.

Cheers,

Neurik
    Neurik of Argo.

Hey Neurik, thx for your comment!

Yeah, I still took cocoon and decided on LD for 2nd tree. It could prob just as easily have been Shadowdancer. I also ditched the Doubleshot feat in favor of Crush Weakness, so that will hurt a little, but I like Dreamscape more.
    I also swapped my points from Diplomacy into Listen skill for new Pin/Otto's DC. I should have max Destiny points, but I heard some maybe are missing (had 66 on lama without the tome), so 4 short?

I may end up changing my trees, but this is what Im running atm. Didnt get to play test yet, as Im working on my bard mostly atm

Keep Kighting!
    Subpar, Orien

Ultimately I would say the build feels stronger by a noticeable amount post update for those with near max fate/destiny points. I also managed to gain about 250 HP so I am sitting at nearly 2200 HP in reaper, combined with the builds inherent defenses makes it really really nice. The 3rd core in Shadowdancer gives no fail ref saves on a 1 since we have imp evasion already, which is great. I was really worried about the loss of twists but I think it actually might be better for this build when capped with many past lives. I tend to solo a lot or run through epic sagas with friends on low reaper to help them out so it has been a while since I have run high reaper content and about the most I have done with this build is R5-7. We blitzed Sharn chain 1 on R3 last night post update and it was literally running through as fast as we could with no shrining, so I imagine it scales reasonably well at higher reaper still. About the only thing I need to tweak is self healing for low reaper and I am hoping that healing spring will be enough without having to dip into primal avatar, the epic moment in Shiradi is just stupid damage for end fights, I was nearly able to kill Irk on R3 in Just Business in about 3 seconds before he disappeared.
    Neurik of Argo.

Again, thx for feedback! Its great to hear from someone like you. I also gained some HP and SP and saw an increase in bird and para DCs. Its true its costly to use a whole tree slot just for cocoon, maybe I can live without it. And I chose LD for stuff like extra Action Boosts and surge, dblshot, crit confirmation, hitpoints, 10% atk speed boosting and 15% 1W mantle, although the prism mantle is also strong. And I like having two mantles actually the prism for proc/cc and the LD one for a tad more helplessness. I actually had this layout in mind from preview1, to try and regain some of the stuff I had from twists.
    Subpar, Orien

not sure if it is worth it or not, but you can get Zen Archery for free in GMoF which frees up a feat to take Discipline which doubles the PRR/MRR (+10 each vs +5) bonuses in the cores of GMoF. You also get a ton of DR bypass options in GMoF as well, anyway ill report back once I do some more testing.
    Neurik of Argo.

Tried to ditch cocoon and LD Mantle, to get some more Doubleshot, sneak dice and assassinate DC from Shadowdancer. Also got a 500k+ crit, but it wasnt the best 8) missed dreamscape boost and my good hope clickie isnt working
    Subpar, Orien

(Combat): You sneak attack Kor Kaza for 303,211 points of pierce damage.

Got this raiding last night! Thats actually close(ish) to my old record of 365k, from somewhere between the doubleshot changes and stat squish updates. Now, its in a raid situation so not sure about the varying buffs/debuffs... So burst is down, and I could also feel it while fishing for max crit. But it doesnt seem that bad actually from all the adjustments these past updates I gained some more ranged power with new EDs, but also sacrificed selfhealing via cocoon. I was using it all the time for the temp hp too, and only having /5 Healing Spring seems not enough. I know I can get 3 more if I spend the points, but will take some getting used to. I dont think the ED abilities that boosts feats are working, like watchful eye and holy strike. I seem to be missing 5% dblshot and dodge and fort bypass that Ive noticed.

Thats all for now after a few hours of raiding

*I also managed to fit Festive Con & Dex augments, so a bit up on those stats
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 11-07-2021 at 11:18 PM.
    Subpar, Orien

Since the update I started to fail traps again I was never the best trapper, but it wasnt usually a problem, untill I blew a box in R1 VoD! That didnt feel good, but luckily I had some room to improve. I crafted a T3 LGS Int skills item and increased 9 search/disable just from that. I also took +6 skills in Shadowdancer (trying diff stuff), and also had the idea to begin a Trappers Delight filigree set. With all that Ill be well into the 120s - will see where I land and edit skill section
    Subpar, Orien

Default .

What are your thoughts on the 5 piece dreadbringer filigree set for the crazy fort bypass? I slotted it in order to test it out and my Fort Bypass went up to 136% but I did lose some RP, not sure the trade off is worth it. I also swapped out Legendary Dreadnought again for GMoF and took Lotus Blades- longbow for the free Zen Archery feat which I swapped for the Discipline feat for the extra PRR/MRR in the GMoF cores. Also grabbed 3 points in flow of water which in ocean stance gives +6 to all saving throws, 30% less helpless damage and 50% cold absorption, you can also pick up wholeness of spirit for some healing since I didn't want to waste a tree on primal avatar for cocoon. Unbuffed, out of reaper while standing on the boat my saves are Fort=89, Ref=82 and Will=87
    Last edited by Swimms; 11-28-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    Neurik of Argo.

Dreadbringer fili looks really cool, and if you have 2xrare RP I think you can get 25RP from that set, so you shouldnt loose much ranged power. It sounds nice with the GMoF stuff you have, nice saves! Might try it too and see how I like it, thx for suggestion
    Subpar, Orien

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    What are your thoughts on the 5 piece dreadbringer filigree set for the crazy fort bypass? I slotted it in order to test it out and my Fort Bypass went up to 136% but I did lose some RP, not sure the trade off is worth it.
    136% with Dreadbringer is low:

025 Precision
    020 Item
    010 Insightful Item
    005 Shiradi: Vision (core 2)
    005 Guild Ship: Trapsmith’s Workshop
    005 Shattered Device: Fortification Bypass
    025 Artifact: Wallwatch/Tyrannical Tinkerer
    020 Shiradi: Track
    015 Destruction (Deconstructor)
    010 Opportunist
    --
    150 debuffed fortification bypass

And that isn't factoring in fort bypass debuffs from other classes.

Fortification Bypass damage increase only applies if you are not fully bypassing mob fortification. Fortification Bypass has a cliff of max CR + 100%. Anything beyond that provides 0% damage increase. The baseline fortification of mobs is equal to their challenge rating (CR), which is currently capped at 70. Some types of mobs have built-in increased fortification bonus providing up to an additional +100%. This includes construct, undead, Doom Reaper, some champions, some red named bosses, and some purple bosses.

The optimal damage filigree setup for bows:

Minor Artifact (DPS):
    Shadowstrike: Deception [+2 RP]
    Wildhunter: Deception [+2 RP]
    Shattered Device: Ranged Power [+2 RP]

Sentient Jewel (DPS):
    Shadowstrike: Deception [+2 RP]
    Shadowstrike: Doubleshot [+2 RP]
    Shadowstrike: DEX [+2 PRR]
    Shadowstrike: PRR [+2 PRR]
    Wildhunter: Deception [+2 RP]
    Wildhunter: Ranged Power [+2 RP]
    Wildhunter: Atk/Dmg [+2 PRR]
    Shattered Device: Ranged Power [+2 RP]
    Shattered Device: Atk/Dmg [+2 PRR]
    Shattered Device: Fortification Bypass [+2 PRR]

Also grabbed 3 points in flow of water which in ocean stance gives +6 to all saving throws, 30% less helpless damage and 50% cold absorption
    You're nerfing yourself playing in ocean stance. Play in fire stance for the 19-20/x1 crit. You also net +6 hit/dmg from GMOF. Making just that change provides a 5% damage increase.

There are so many suboptimal things with this archer build:
    1. It's not competitive compared to Horizon Walker, no matter how many 6-digit crit screenshots are posted.
    2. You wont ever use 36 boosts. The only damage boost that matters is Haste Boost, because increasing the number of attacks far exceeds RP Boosts.
    3. Ranged only cares about helpless damage during Time Stop. The only way ranged has to make mobs helpless is Pin, or Stay Frozen. Paralyze does not apply helpless damage.
    4. You have no way to remove sneak attack immunity.
    5. Fighter is completely unnecessary. You gain 3 relevant feats going Ranger instead, and you have Sniper Shot to address #4. Plus you net 3d6 SA dice, +8 FE dmg, and can cast Ram's Might so you aren't forever shackled to Belt of the Ram.
    6. Paralyze is useful while heroic leveling, but it is completely unnecessary to solo at end-game. Once you're level 26, an LGS Salt bow provides you equivalent crowd control.
    7. Watchful Eye >>>>>> Weapon Specialization.
    8. Doubleshot >>>>>>> Dreamscape.
    9. There's no Competence +1 Critical Threat.
    10. Nimble Fingers + SD Technician instead of Weapon Focus is a 2% damage increase.
    11. The gear needs an overhaul. Look at the better or best gearsets.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Thanks for your insights, Carpone and grats on your own successful build, see a few of them on Cannith.

Im pretty sure the 136% fort bypass is unbuffed and remember we also have Faconry Bird attacks for 50% more. Also Bird attacks make mobs helpless, and the paralyze is just as an option as its not maxed out. Its at the cost of dps thats true, but its nice to have in a pinch. I cant take Nimble Fingers instead of WPN Focus as thats taken with a fighter feat, and suboptimal as it may be its the right build for me
    Subpar, Orien

Got Reaper wings the other day! And improved on my trap skills, so much that I could skip Technician from Shadowdancer, since I cant get the sneak die anyway.

Updated some pics and skill section. Now we also have the possibility of a reaper raid helm, but I didnt have many items to crunch yet so about 10% there

For this years Newyears TR Ill have 90 AP, that works for a 12rog 6rng 2brd dblshot build Ive been thinking about, so I will leave this build for awhile, but the new one will be very similar. Still wis aa falc, but reaper boosted 200%+ doubleshot, for guaranteed x3 multihits chance of x4!
    Subpar, Orien

Default 4th arrow

XP panel scrolled down as I got the kill, was meant to show Reaper1 - Only in reaper can I get 220% doubleshot for x4 crits!
    Subpar, Orien

Someone asked about this build and wanted me to do a build post, so here it is: Its a build focused on high Doubleshot. 160%base + Memento reaper boost + Swash dblshot boost = 220% in reaper!
    Its using my Kighter template: wisdom-based AA/Falc, with the same gear layout, just dblshot focus instead of ranged power. Id say it works really well!

Stats:
    08 STR
    14 DEX (adjust for tomes, 19 dex by lvl15)
    16 CON
    12 INT
    18 WIS + levels
    08 CHA

Feats:
    01 Point Blank Shot
    03 Precision
    06 Rogue PL
    09 Pally PL
    12 Imp. Crit: Ranged
    15 Improved Precise Shot
    18 WPN Focus: Ranged
    21 Combat Archery
    22 Holy Strike
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    25 Doubleshot
    27 Watchful Eye
    28 Crush Weakness
    30 Imp. Sneak Attack
    30 Scion of the Astral Plane

Enhancements:

Epic Destinies:

Reaper Trees:

Gear Set:

Weapons: Aerania the Boltbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Armor: Leg Wildwood Outfit
    Goggles: Leg Tharne's Goggles (Helplessness)
    Helm: Helm of the Final Watcher
    Neck: Leg Family Recruit Sigil (Helplessness)
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (MRR cap)
    Cloak: Leg Cloak of Balance (MRR cap)
    Belt: Leg Belt of the Ram (MRR cap)
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+3wis) [FILI: +1%dbl +1%dbl +Armor Piercing]
    Gloves: Leg Wildwood Gauntlets
    Boots: Leg Slavelords (sheltering, magnetism, diplo & wisdom)(+3wis)
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue (Helplessness)
    Bracers: Wildwood Wrists (+3wis)
    Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 05-22-2022 at 03:14 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    06 Rogue PL
    09 Pally PL
    I can't remember the last time I saw a build recommend either a Rogue or Pali PL feat, much less both!

Do you feel that the (relatively small) flat mathematical addition to damage is better than, say, a small multiplier in Ranged Power such as Shot on the Run? (This adds nothing to doubleshot afaik, right?)

i.e., @ Lvl 30, a flat +10 (SA only) & a +10 boost (3x 1 minute) vs. a flat +3 RP (which multiplies all damage)?

Also, I've missed this one - what does the "feareater" augment do?

Default Your moonbow effect

I vote we suppress Moonbow combat log effect reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw a build recommend either a Rogue or Pali PL feat, much less both!

Do you feel that the (relatively small) flat mathematical addition to damage is better than, say, a small multiplier in Ranged Power such as Shot on the Run? (This adds nothing to doubleshot afaik, right?)

i.e., @ Lvl 30, a flat +10 (SA only) & a +10 boost (3x 1 minute) vs. a flat +3 RP (which multiplies all damage)?

Also, I've missed this one - what does the "feareater" augment do?
    Feareater is a PK effect for mobs under 5k HP and it work really well, I think shot on the run is too costly with the filler feats and Rog PL I always take. Pally PL is a little more questionable, but I dont have completionist which would have been nicer
    Subpar, Orien

I updated first post with ED screenie. Im doing Iconic lives for class completionist atm so not on any of the posted builds But still bow build, at long last trying out some Horizon Walker - Its not as bad as I thought , but Im not sold either. The lvl increase gave some more ranged power but I dont have current numbers on the build sorry.
    Subpar, Orien

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast