Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    What is up with this damage number? 3 numbers, a comma, 4!!! numbers, a comma, then 3 numbers. What number system is this?

Are you doing 172 million damage or is it 1 billion 724 million damage? I have the confusion.
    172,406 + 5,101 + a display bug.
    339,843 + 5,101
    46,014 + 5,101

I'm more curious why the second number is the same across all three shots.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

It is the sneak attack damage, I guess it only rolled once in old system?

And if you see my new pic, the 12,438 is sneak. If we divide by 3 thats 4,146 per arrow which actually is a lower roll than the pic you linked.
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-25-2021 at 01:17 AM.
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Hi Ilmer, your damage still stellar even after the adjustment to hunts end

I'm switching to wis based falconry/gmof in the new system and wonder how much use you're getting out of mass frog? I'm trying to decide between mass frog and elusive target (which I've found useful in the past).

I had to ER to rebuild so levelling up rn but I'm aiming to have 90+ wis.

Hey again Anti

I dont use Mass Frog, I like Dreamscape. I wanted to tes frog at some point but didnt get to it yet
    Subpar, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    I like Dreamscape.
    Haha ok not my style but I'm sure it works for you. I'll try mass frog and let u know how I get on, I'm a slacker though so I may not get it this week.

I would def be interested in hearing how Frog turns out for you.

So I redid my slavelords item to improve Bluff. And I removed Runic Vitalization aug (which sucked) :P, but that was to get a +12 cha fitted in. My very first mob I encountered, I rolled a 19:Failure! lol but I could get reapers with it and I hope first mob just had high saves... Ill see how useful it is I guess.
    Subpar, Orien

I would def be interested in hearing how Frog turns out for you.

So I redid my slavelords item to improve Bluff. And I removed Runic Vitalization aug (which sucked) :P, but that was to get a +12 cha fitted in. My very first mob I encountered, I rolled a 19:Failure! lol but I could get reapers with it and I hope first mob just had high saves... Ill see how useful it is I guess.
    I've been reading up on frog and doesn't seem like a good pick for me as it has a weird SR check that seems to make it bad for non casters. I may still try it since I can swap it out with fred but I'm not expecting fireworks.

Looked into bluff and it seems on elite difficulty you need to beat mob CR+quest level. It scales down in hard/normal but not sure if it scales up in reaper.

I gave up on Bluff. Diplomacy seemed to work for me, so I thought Bluff would too, but It turns out I have +10 Diplo from crackshot filigrees and another +2 from racial feat. So I redid my slavelords again and focused on Diplomacy for good Queen buffs Bluff would have been nicer to ensure sneaks. I also added a new vid to OP, a LH LHoX solo!
    Subpar, Orien

I didnt post or speak much about Epic Pastlife stances, but I am currently doing some eTR's for Ancient Tactics. It will help my Bird dc a little and since I no longer needed to reach 100+ concentration, I dont need Skill Mastery full time. I can still use it for traps, so hotbarred those 2 for easy switching.

I also worked on some levelling gear consisting of heroic Wallwatch, Borderlands, LGS & Slavelords items. I didnt have any first time bonus' left, so it was a little drag to get from 20 to 30. But overall the levelling was great with the new gear, and the bird attacks are really great, actually seems more reliable than in at cap reaper quests But I will see with 3/3 tactics stance. I also made a lvl20 Spyglass as my trap skills needed a little help in the early epic levels.

I did my last eTR for now, today, for the last Martial stance... But sadly I got hit with the TR bug and lost my tomes and race tree, so I hope GMs will help me soon. I may need to edit OP a bit with skills and bird dc, but will do at 30 when my character is fixed.
    Subpar, Orien

I didnt post or speak much about Epic Pastlife stances, but I am currently doing some eTR's for Ancient Tactics. It will help my Bird dc a little and since I no longer needed to reach 100+ concentration, I dont need Skill Mastery full time. I can still use it for traps, so hotbarred those 2 for easy switching.

I also worked on some levelling gear consisting of heroic Wallwatch, Borderlands, LGS & Slavelords items. I didnt have any first time bonus' left, so it was a little drag to get from 20 to 30. But overall the levelling was great with the new gear, and the bird attacks are really great, actually seems more reliable than in at cap reaper quests But I will see with 3/3 tactics stance. I also made a lvl20 Spyglass as my trap skills needed a little help in the early epic levels.

I did my last eTR for now, today, for the last Martial stance... But sadly I got hit with the TR bug and lost my tomes and race tree, so I hope GMs will help me soon. I may need to edit OP a bit with skills and bird dc, but will do at 30 when my character is fixed.
    That sucks you got a TR bug I hope it gets sorted m8.

Saw your Hound solo vid, nice work, reminded me of when you solo'd The Titan back in the day

I tried mass frog and it lasted less than a day before I had to visit Fred LOL

Since I'm a hybrid now I took Arcane Warrior instead and really like it.

I'm done with my first ETR and have +1 assassinate DC, which I agree helps with falconry... I was able to reach higher assassinate dc for shadowdancer much easier when I was dex based so all the extra +1's are a big help.

Thx for comment! I found a lesser heart in shared bank, that (I think), resolved the TR bug
    Subpar, Orien

Updated OP a bit. I decided to cut some points in Falconry in favor of Fast Movement from TA, helps with Kighting! As for skills I spent 11 pts in Listen for a more perceptive flavor, but I should have capped Jump instead
    Subpar, Orien

Max selfbuffs in reaper in wisdom stance, just because stats looked nicer!
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 06-10-2021 at 02:39 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Default U50 & U51 thoughts

Lots of stuff going on, on Lamannia atm, and Ive been on to see the proposed changes. In U50 we will get the new bow universal tree Horizon Walker, but I dont think it will make me change from wisdom based AA/Falc. I still have 86 points so in the future maybe Ill have more to play with. I will for certain dip into Kensei for the Haste boost, so I wont have much to spend in HW. That is fine, so build stays the same. Then we will also see a stat squish, but imo its OK. If they feel they need to balance thats fine with me, but ofc all the stats were down by 10ish :P mrr, prr, main stats, saves, skills and atk, dmg, fort bypass. I playtested a few R6 Slavelords Part3 chest runs, like I have been doing recently on live. And it felt totally similar, now then onto U51 and ED revamp...

...In U51 I stand to loose a significant amount of power from my Twists and some abilities that gets changed. I didnt get to playtest that preview, but Ill do so in the coming previews. Now Im a bit torn on new EDs, I prefer the freedom in old system (pick and choose twists), and having a main tree, a half tree + few points in last tree seemed a bit limiting. I looked at Dreadnought as 2nd tree for the Helplessness Mantle, now that I loose Sense Weakness. That works because I dislike the random Rainbow stuff, which is Mantle in my main Shiradi tree. But the builder/spenders seemed buggy to me and I hear thats getting replaced maybe. So Mantles could go too and its still up in the air. I had 56/59 point on that preview and I had to save a lot in Shiradi to get to T4 in LD, iirc I didnt even spend the 4 points for cocoon either so its really tight. I heard rumours they will up our points a bit, but cant find it in writing, so dont quote me on that

Some things Im not happy about is the removal of Stay Good (and Frosty), as that means Ill have to augment weapons again. And Stand and Deliver is also gone, I felt it was a nice help when using Archers Focus or any stance really at the handicap of standing still. Also my selfheals will be nerfed with Healing Spring becoming a Mass Vigor and Audience is no longer a full heal when things go bad. And cocoon is still a must have imo so thats 4 points and 3rd tree slot.
    Subpar, Orien

I would have taken stunning fist at thirty just when you want to self heal and build up ki when you can't really or don't want to kite. I mean your wisdom is 80....thats pretty good DC there.
    (Edit: nevermind you went with one monk level....no point if you don't have a light finisher maybe next time 3 levels of monk and 11 rogue)
    Last edited by Enderoc; 06-24-2021 at 08:58 AM.

The value of monk was severely reduced in U49. Yes, I stayed with 1 monk but mainly for Master of Forms
    Subpar, Orien

Default Archiving the pre-stat-squish build

Hello all! This is Ilmer, my wisdom based Rogue Falconer. He is all out offense, built around a mean Slaying Arrow: "Furyshots!" He also can Paralyze OK, in a pinch, if no other CC around. U49 made me adjust the build, and this is what I came up with...

My old build thread, if you want to read of the characters journey from 2015 till now.

Build Features:
    120% Doubleshot (133% w/Tenser's) +5% Shadow Arrows
    280 Ranged Power (293 w/Tenser's) +Boosting bows
    118 PRR
    70 MRR Cap
    3x6 Action Boosts (Melee/Ranged Power, Attack & Sprint)
    Trapper w/Fast Movement

This is pretty much stars aligned! Could no longer stack vulnerability on Dummy

Unbuffed stats on the ship

Stats:
    08 STR
    14 DEX (adjust for tomes, 19 dex by lvl15)
    16 CON
    12 INT
    18 WIS + levels
    08 CHA

Feats: (bonus)
    01 Point Blank Shot, Ranger Dilletante (half elf)
    02 Rapid Shot (fighter)
    03 Precission, Zen Archery (monk)
    06 Precise Shot
    09 Manyshot
    11 Improved Critical : Ranged (fighter)
    12 Weapon Focus: Ranged
    14 Improved Evasion (rogue)
    15 Adept of Forms, Improved Precise Shot (fighter)
    18 Master of Forms
    19 Weapon Specialization: Ranged (fighter)
    20 Opportunist (rogue)
    21 Combat Archery
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    26 Holy Strike
    27 Imp Sneak Attack
    28 Doubleshot
    29 Dreamscape or Mass Frog
    30 Past Life : Rogue
    30 Scion of Arborea or Scion of the Ethereal Plane
    Level order: R F M R R R R R R R F R F R F R F R F R

Enhancements: I have 86 AP, if less, cut back on Falconry. If more get Kensei Haste boost!

Skills: (item swap) I have 11 ranks in Listen, a capped Jump would be better
    Diplomacy 83
    Disable Device 51 (106)
    Heal 69
    Jump 29 (44)
    Listen 77
    Open Lock 68 (101)
    Search 61 (100)
    Spot 91 (100)
    Spellcraft 34
    Tumble 46
    UMD 51

Twists:
    T4 Sense Weakness
    T4 Martial Hymn
    T1 First Harmonic Chord
    T1 A Dance of Flowers
    T1 Cocoon

Epic Destiny:

Spellpower:
    Electric 483
    Positive 451

DCs: (item/stance swap)
    Bird 92 (94)
    Paralyze 60 (84)
    Mass Frog 66 (88)

Reaper Trees:

Gear Set:

Weapons: Aerania the Boltbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Armor: Leg Wildwood Outfit
    Goggles: Leg Tharne's Goggles (Helplessness)
    Helm: Helm of the Final Watcher
    Neck: Leg Family Recruit Sigil (Helplessness)
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (MRR cap)
    Cloak: Leg Cloak of Balance (MRR cap)
    Belt: Leg Belt of the Ram (MRR cap)
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+4wis) [FILI: +10RP +5RP +5RP]
    Gloves: Leg Wildwood Gauntlets
    Boots: Leg Slavelords (sheltering, magnetism, bluff & wisdom)(+4wis)
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue (Helplessness)
    Bracers: Wildwood Wrists (+4wis)
    Quiver: Epic Dynamistic Quiver

(Augment sets)
    I also use Esoterica augment set when paralyzing, those I slotted into a spare Recruit Sigil, Onyx Ring and Attunement's Gaze

Thx for reading/watching! Enjoy the build!
    U50 is here with the endgame adjustments. That promts me to update the OP, but I am currently on a racial life, but I should return to the Kighter in the near future! I have also been doing test builds for an alternate version of the build. A Bardcher! With doubleshot focus, and I must say it seems pretty powerfull, maybe more damage than /1 monk - but do check back to see what Im doing
    Subpar, Orien

Updated OP with my numbers after stat squish. I still need a reaper tree pic (but close to a breakpoint) and maybe a max crit screenie like I usually do Also Im working on 10th slot in my bow, that will be another +5 rare ranged power.
    Subpar, Orien

Hi Ilm

Took me a while, but finally got this to 30. Heroic leveling was tougher than expected, with Longbow still behind xbow plinkplinkers of every stripe. Bow attack speed feels so slow...

BUT later (in Epic levels) it really shines: extremely survivable (I went for Meld into Darkness over sense weakness), and with Hunt's End reliably doing 5- and 6-digit damage (with Imp Precise Shot watching multiple mobs get one-shotted on low-mid legendary reaper is a treat).

Plus, paralysing arrows + wisdom build = fun and profit.

All this despite my gear being sub-optimal - I'm working with leg shadowhail set for now (still assembling bits for leg wallwatch, so far I have... zip). Using a Morninglord bow (6 semi-random filligrees) and some other bits of Ravenloft and Sharn gear. Ranged Power just approaching 200.

But still it shines.

Nice one. 5-stars. Would level again.
    Anaplian and Csimian
    Brotherhood of the Wolf
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010-

Really appreciate the feedback, thanks!
    Subpar, Orien

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast