Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Ill return to the ranged power focused build for this years newyears TR! Gonna see where it lands at lvl32, and plan on a new gearset for him. Im on my last heroic class, before completionist, as an iconic. Then Ive done the iconics that gives +saves. I also nearly have enough Reaper Frags for a reaper helm upgrade, but Im torn as to whether Ill use them on my Bard for +1 ring DC.

Thats all for now, look back in the new year as Ill rewrite the original buildpost! And maybe get a new crit Highscore
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Default Archiving the current build at lvl30

This is without Archers Focus/Vulnerability. I just dont have the patience to fish after stars-aligned crits anymore

Build Features:
    127% Doubleshot +5% Shadow Arrows
    300 Ranged Power +Boosting bows
    74% Helplessness damage
    111 PRR
    63 MRR (80 Cap)
    4x9 Action Boosts (Melee/Ranged Power, Attack, Sprint & Haste)
    Trapper w/Fast Movement

Unbuffed stats on the ship

Stats:
    08 STR
    14 DEX (adjust for tomes, 19 dex by lvl15)
    16 CON
    12 INT
    18 WIS + levels
    08 CHA

Feats: (bonus)
    01 Point Blank Shot, Ranger Dilletante (half elf)
    02 Rapid Shot (fighter)
    03 Precision, Zen Archery (monk)
    06 Precise Shot
    09 Manyshot
    11 Improved Critical : Ranged (fighter)
    12 Pastlife : Rogue
    14 Improved Evasion (rogue)
    15 Adept of Forms, Improved Precise Shot (fighter)
    18 Master of Forms
    19 Weapon Focus : Ranged (fighter)
    20 Opportunist (rogue)
    21 Combat Archery
    22 Holy Strike
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    25 Crush Weakness
    27 Imp Sneak Attack
    28 Dreamscape or Doubleshot
    30 Watchful Eye or Weapon Specialization : Ranged
    30 Scion of Arborea or Scion of the Ethereal Plane
    31 Legendary Aim
    Level order: R F M R R R R R R R F R F R F R F R F R

Enhancements: I have 89 AP, if more take Falconry to 31 and rest in Kensei maybe

Skills: (item swap)
    Disable Device 51 (120)
    Heal 63 *10ranks
    Jump 40 *12ranks
    Listen 82
    Open Lock 65 (95)
    Search 64 (130)
    Spot 89 (116)
    Spellcraft 36 *11ranks
    Tumble 43 *1rank
    UMD 45

Epic Destinies:

Spellpower:
    Electric 439
    Positive 447

DCs: (item/stance swap)
    Bird 105 (107)
    Paralyze 61 (79)

Reaper Trees:

Gear Set:

Weapons: Aerania the Boltbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Armor: Leg Wildwood Outfit
    Goggles: Leg Tharne's Goggles (Helplessness)
    Helm: Helm of the Final Watcher
    Neck: Leg Family Recruit Sigil (Helplessness)
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (MRR cap)
    Cloak: Leg Cloak of Balance (MRR cap)
    Belt: Leg Belt of the Ram (MRR cap)
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+3wis) [FILI: +10RP +5RP +5RP]
    Gloves: Leg Wildwood Gauntlets
    Boots: Leg Slavelords (sheltering, magnetism, diplo & wisdom)(+3wis)
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue (Helplessness)
    Bracers: Wildwood Wrists (+3wis)
    Quiver: Epic Dynamistic Quiver

(Augment sets)
    I also use Esoterica augment set when paralyzing, those I slotted into a spare Recruit Sigil, Onyx Ring and Attunement's Gaze

Thx for checking my build, I wish you lots of fun with it!

I also have a Bardcher version buried in my thread here : https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6517535
    Subpar, Orien

Did an archive and a crude update to first post. This is where I sit in lvl30 gearset waiting to finalize new gear layout.
    Subpar, Orien

Updated OP, I still need some Dino gear and upgrades but I have the basics covered. I will update a few things but its mainly just spellpower and missing things like PRR, Enhanced Ghostly, Relentless Fury and missing augments and some things do not even show. My fort bypass is a little low, esp, since I lost Bird debuff but so far I did not notice it too much. Could change my wisdom aug set for Fort Bypass if needed. And I went back to Chaosbow!
    Subpar, Orien

My best crit currently! Had some help stacking Vulnerability and also a Timestop!

Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 03-18-2023 at 08:10 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

(Combat): You sneak attack Death's Teeth for 370,841 points of pierce damage.

My best crit in a LH raid! That is actually around where I was pre-statnerf, but I have no idea about what buffs/debuffs were used.
    Subpar, Orien

(Combat): You sneak attack Wrath of Vecna for 377,204 points of pierce damage.

Got another one! Also I respecced enhancements to try out Assassin's Trick instead of the Fast Movement. Ideally with more points I will have both!
    Subpar, Orien

I updated OP, with adjusted Skill and Spellpower sections, also took some new pictures as I finalized my gear. I changed a Rare Ranged Power fili for +2 Imbue Dice to get me to an "even" 14 Also I recieved a PM from a forumite, who pointed out, there is a bug with the 19-20 Multipliers. It should be:

x3 Longbow
    Shadow Arrows
    Combat Archery

x5 All Crits

Monk Fire stance
    Overwhelming Crit
    Shiradi Lore of the Hunt
    Elasticity

x9 19-20

...but, I get an extra multiplier on 19-20s, so that should be a bug. I managed to get screenie to show the expected Crit Multi Bonus of 4, but my DPS pictures may have been done with another multiplier
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-10-2023 at 10:30 PM.
    Subpar, Orien

Default 6 Dark Hunter DWS Snipershot

High burst arrows are fun, but what about sustained boss dps?

I asked myself this question recently and started to think about what I could do with a 6 Ranger/DH split. I reallly wanted to keep the high Slaying Arrows, but fit in Snipershot for a nastier rotation! So I chose the more popular 13rog 6rng 1mnk split with AP as follows: 14helf 41aa 25falc 11dws. I settled on Dark Hunter Archetype for the ranger levels to increase Sneak Atk. I dont find the Fav Enemies I get that useful, but I did take Aberration for Vecna Hand current bossfights... So, I took the AP from Assassin tree which made me loose 1 Sneak dice and 3 imbues. But from DH and DWS I get 5d6 sneaks and I changed yet another fili from RP to the Event +1 Imbue. I will also respec the Imp elemental arrows or what its called (I used for added Vuln procs) to +2 Imbue, so I should land on 27sneak 14imbue and 316rp unbuffed compared to the build in OP, so very similar! I also lost Wpn Focus:Ranged, but got other feats granted instead of taking with fighter feats, but total feats down 1. But then, with DWS I also got 30% RP boost and it does not interfere with my racial 20% boost, so I have both!

The rotation I thought about goes as follows: Snipershot, SLAYING, manyshot, SNIPERSHOT, manyshot, SNIPERSHOT, manyshot repeat! (Capitals are HUNTS END every 8 seconds), and manyshots will probably run out, but recharge some again. Sprinkle in some normal shots or Ottos/Final Strike and keep RP Boosts up for some serious sustained boss dps!

I am currently lvl12 on this build, lemme know what you think?
    Subpar, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    High burst arrows are fun, but what about sustained boss dps?

I asked myself this question recently and started to think about what I could do with a 6 Ranger/DH split. I reallly wanted to keep the high Slaying Arrows, but fit in Snipershot for a nastier rotation! So I chose the more popular 13rog 6rng 1mnk split with AP as follows: 14helf 41aa 25falc 11dws. I settled on Dark Hunter Archetype for the ranger levels to increase Sneak Atk. I dont find the Fav Enemies I get that useful, but I did take Aberration for Vecna Hand current bossfights... So, I took the AP from Assassin tree which made me loose 1 Sneak dice and 3 imbues. But from DH and DWS I get 5d6 sneaks and I changed yet another fili from RP to the Event +1 Imbue. I will also respec the Imp elemental arrows or what its called (I used for added Vuln procs) to +2 Imbue, so I should land on 27sneak 14imbue and 316rp unbuffed compared to the build in OP, so very similar! I also lost Wpn Focus:Ranged, but got other feats granted instead of taking with fighter feats, but total feats down 1. But then, with DWS I also got 30% RP boost and it does not interfere with my racial 20% boost, so I have both!

The rotation I thought about goes as follows: Snipershot, SLAYING, manyshot, SNIPERSHOT, manyshot, SNIPERSHOT, manyshot repeat! (Capitals are HUNTS END every 8 seconds), and manyshots will probably run out, but recharge some again. Sprinkle in some normal shots or Ottos/Final Strike and keep RP Boosts up for some serious sustained boss dps!

I am currently lvl12 on this build, lemme know what you think?
    Having recently returned to the game, I'm keen to play a DH, so this kind of split is interesting to me. Do you have any screenshots of enhancements you took?

Its basically just the same as in first post, minus the rogue trees and with DWS instead. I also can take the fort debuff from Bird atks in Falconry, but it takes 91 Action Points with my setup here.

I dont take the DH tree, I just use the class to get access to DWS and for added base sneak/fav enemies and such. You also would not get DH past life with just 6 lvls, if that is a goal
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-27-2023 at 04:28 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post

Its basically just the same as in first post, minus the rogue trees and with DWS instead. I also can take the fort debuff from Bird atks in Falconry, but it takes 91 Action Points with my setup here.

I dont take the DH tree, I just use the class to get access to DWS and for added base sneak/fav enemies and such. You also would not get DH past life with just 6 lvls, if that is a goal
    Would you keep the same path for leveling, but replace fighter with Ranger?

Rogue Ranger/DH Monk Rogue Rogue Rogue Rogue Rogue Rogue Rogue Ranger/DH Rogue Ranger/DH Rogue Ranger/DH Rogue Ranger/DH Rogue Ranger/DH Rogue

I did 1 rogue 6 darkhunter 2 rogue 1 monk rest rogue. To get manyshot and snipershot early

1 Point Blank, Ranger dille
    3 Precission
    6 Rogue PL
    9 Imp Crit Ranged
    12 Adept of forms
    15 Imp Precise
    18 Master of forms

I held off, on the monk until I got Imp crit due to BaB reasons
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-27-2023 at 09:07 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345