Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

In terms on paralyze build, I am a wisdom build with emphasis on getting enchantment as high as I can. In reaper, I have a wisdom bonus of 50 and enchantment bonus of 37. Add the 20 to that and you get 107 paralyze arrow (I think that is how it is calculated). The other way I was told to check is to take a lvl 1 enchantment spell and add 20 to the DC. So, hold animal in reaper is 98 DC and 20 to that would 118. So, I think it is 107, but not 100% sure.

Anyway, my point is that my paralyze is pretty much no fail at that point. As long as I get a good hit, it works. It works in high skull reapers, etc, as equally well. I am not sure why at that DC it works better than what my guildies are telling me about enchantment DCs for casters, but it is what it is. I am doing a moncher split 12ranger, 6 monk, 2 cleric. 2 cleric gets one more enchantment DC point (else I would do rogue or fighter instead). Total wisdom score is I thik 102 in reaper??? Not my final build as I probably will go deep gnome for additional wisdom options and the small size benefit of shot angles with IPS.

I certainly do not have the burst dps you have, but I do see 100K when the stars align... lol. I am happy with my base damage though as it is mostly over 1k non critical hits outside of reaper...

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

107 paralyze sounds really good! I only did some quick tests in the 73dc range, and it worked surprisingly well with that dc. When I get Attunements Gaze Ill test again at 83dc, but you are right - compared to caster dc's mine shouldnt work at all, but it does

Do you then use Mass Frog also? Im curious if it has a use besides Baba totems
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    107 paralyze sounds really good! I only did some quick tests in the 73dc range, and it worked surprisingly well with that dc. When I get Attunements Gaze Ill test again at 83dc, but you are right - compared to caster dc's mine shouldnt work at all, but it does

Do you then use Mass Frog also? Im curious if it has a use besides Baba totems
    It works really well on undead and constructs; which is an issue for a paralyze build. That being said, I do not have much into transmutation focus without doing a weapon swap, so it is not great vs much beyond undead and constructs. Also, the other AA arrows also work really well too.

If you can work it in, the new magewright set from Leg LoB / MA is definitely the set for paralyze builds.

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    If you can work it in, the new magewright set from Leg LoB / MA is definitely the set for paralyze builds.
    Its a nice set for sure, but Ill get almost the same with Attunements Gaze/Onyx ring augmented with +4dc and +4wisdom. Not quite the same, but almost!
    Subpar, Orien

Its a nice set for sure, but Ill get almost the same with Attunements Gaze/Onyx ring augmented with +4dc and +4wisdom. Not quite the same, but almost!
    I also use the Onyx ring, the set bonus is what you cannot get from another 2 pc set (+4 wis and +3 enchantment...and +5 concentration) and you lose 3 to enchantment DC just from attunement gaze vs leg magewright cloak. I am not saying what you are using is bad or anything. Obviously, as a dps build, you have it right. But if you are looking to do paralyze build, you will want to max it out otherwise it does not work reliably in reaper.

Paralyze was just an afterthought on this build, but I used it in heroics. I was very happy with my quick tests at 73dc so will test more when I get items augmented at 83dc. I was pretty satisfied, so I dont think you need to go fully max for it to be useful. And I will prob mostly use when running without a caster, but hope to get it workable :P
    Subpar, Orien

(Combat): You hit King Irgroll for 181,479 points of pierce damage.

Made a new crit with my new bow I also finished my wisdom augment set! Still a bit to go on the Helplessness dmg, but getting there. Ill update OP when I get it.
    Subpar, Orien

Hi there,
    after i returned 3 weeks ago after a 5y break, i wanted to do one of my 2 main chars into an AA Archer - i played one already, but forgot many things - especially the Monk Stances.

I tried to find your stances in the Screenshot with your Bars, couldnt find it.
    Can you help me what Stances you use?

Also i dont have completionist or Rouge Pastlife with that toon - what feats would you take instead ?

Iam very excited to play this build - i remember i had a great time with my AA in the good old days

Greetings Zangesh / Laladi
    - new to Orien - let's have a look -

Zangesh qui Clades - Fire Sorc - Triple Completionist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi- Dagger Trapper Machine - Heroic Completionist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Zindragh Zornbinder - Ranged, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active
    Aibus - Tank, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Hello, thx for checking my build... Im mostly in Fire stance for dps with Shock arrows, but Ive also started to use wisdom stance with paralyzing arrows. Rog PL is really good, but if you dont have access, maybe take a wpn focus:ranged instead. You can also msg me in-game, we are on same server 8)

Cya!
    Subpar, Orien

Updated OP with new max crit screenshot! I finished my Cruel Cut augments and that gave me +40k to my max crit. Its a little higher than I was expecting and some of it also comes from new bow. Still need Attunements Gaze for +4 paralyze DC, but other than that build is pretty maxed out, wow!

I also posted a vid to my youtube of that crit
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 03-14-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Oh boy, lots of changes coming to archery, that will affect this build...
    I was doing some tests in U49 preview1, and I was overall pretty happy. However that was with a working 10K Stars, which later got pointed out, also was a problem. Now if it just straight up gets removed with bows, then thats a double-nerf to this build The playstyle was centered around, being able to buff up and lay down a mean Slaying Arrow! This has led to some brainstorming, about whether or not 6 monk is needed. I could switch up the levels and go 6 fighter 1 monk and still take Master of Forms, and try to see Kensei tree instead of Arcane Archer. It has what sounds like a Slaying Arrow on steroids, A Good Death! It has some tricky mechanics to it, like mob hp requirement (30% or lower), but it could be a fantastic kill shot - and (maybe) still keep the high arrow crit burst style that I love. Now Ill loose a lot by skipping on AA, but these build ideas has me excited about preview2.

I will however ofc test it with my current build first, before testing alternate builds. But whats strange is that all the other ranged options still have the burst elements to them, with extra projectiles/doubleshot from stuff like Expertise feats, Multitude of Missiles, 10K Stars or Fusilade/NHB with any xbow? I kinda like the new manyshot-shot though, and it felt really good to couple it with 10K Stars - but apparently that wasnt intended

These are some thoughts between previews, more to come later
    Subpar, Orien

Default Lamannia U49 preview2

Since 10K Stars gets removed from bows, there isnt much point in going 6 monk. So I went 6 fighter 1 monk and tested the active shots from Kensei. Slaying Arrow is still the best imo, but the new doubleshot mechanic made it impossible to see each arrow (I believe the screenie is a 3 hit shot, rolled into one). Some things I notice is I only get x1 sneak attack dmg, not on every doubleshot, same with electric dmg.

Its supposed to be: 885,765base+4,374sneak+1,336elec

edit : OK the elec might be trippled
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-09-2021 at 04:33 AM.
    Subpar, Orien

Since 10K Stars gets removed from bows, there isnt much point in going 6 monk. So I went 6 fighter 1 monk and tested the active shots from Kensei. Slaying Arrow is still the best imo, but the new doubleshot mechanic made it impossible to see each arrow (I believe the screenie is a 3 hit shot, rolled into one). Some things I notice is I only get x1 sneak attack dmg, not on every doubleshot, same with electric dmg.

Its supposed to be: 885,765base+4,374sneak+1,336elec

edit : OK the elec might be trippled
    Note, from what I saw, Shadow Arrows are not applying the +1 crit multiplier. Are you using those here? I know it applies with Heavy Draw, but that tree is not involved Did you see that the +1 from fire stance is applying?

I reported shadow arrows as a bug

Yes, I think Shadow arrow and fire stance worked. Shadow Arrow is competence so it shouldnt stack with Heavy Draw I think.

edit: I see in your lama thread that there is something going on with Shadow Arrows, my single arrows were lower, I just accounted it for missing buffs, could have been SA not working...
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-12-2021 at 09:57 PM.
    Subpar, Orien

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Since 10K Stars gets removed from bows, there isnt much point in going 6 monk. So I went 6 fighter 1 monk and tested the active shots from Kensei.
    How do you feel about rogue 13 / ranger 6 / monk 1? Have you got the APs to spare for Sniper Shot? 14 racial / 41 Arcane Archer / 11 DWS / 27 Falconry is "only" 93 APs after all.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    How do you feel about rogue 13 / ranger 6 / monk 1? Have you got the APs to spare for Sniper Shot? 14 racial / 41 Arcane Archer / 11 DWS / 27 Falconry is "only" 93 APs after all.
    I tested it on lama just for the active shots, but currently I only have 86 AP so its some ways off before I could get full benefit of that split. But I do like it!
    Subpar, Orien

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Only 86 APs? Are you even trying to win at DDO?!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Only on my Bard I figured the new meta will be to buff up all the nerfed DPS builds!
    Subpar, Orien

Default Archiving the 6 monk build

Hello all! This is a recent, new take on my Arcane Archer. I decided to make a new thread, as I wasnt too happy with a rogue build in the fighter forum 8) I have kept the name for sentimental reasons and, hey, he still has one fighter level! This is a wisdom based AA Falconer, built for high crits via Hunt's End from the Shiradi epic Destiny... "Furyshots"! I have, but didnt spec for paralyzing arrows, instead I use shock arrow stance for the vulnerability. I have now tried to spec for paralyze, and I must say its functional! Its not no-fail level and wont work everywhere, but Im satisfied...

My old build thread, if you want to read of the characters journey from 2015 till now.

Build Features:
    100+ KI/Concentration (5x10K Stars) + KI regen
    108,06% Doubleshot (228.06% Manyshot, chance of 4 arrows) +5% Shadow Arrows
    121 PRR
    70 MRR Cap
    50+ UMD
    Trapper

This is pretty much stars aligned! Sadly I couldnt use Abishai cookies in public It doesnt show on screen but log said: (Combat): You sneak attack Training Dummy for 384,086 points of pierce damage. video

Unbuffed stats on the ship

Stats:
    08 STR
    14 DEX (adjust for tomes, 21 dex by lvl24)
    16 CON
    12 INT
    18 WIS + levels
    08 CHA

Feats:
    01 Point Blank Shot, Barbarian Dilletante (half elf)
    02 Rapid Shot (fighter)
    03 Precise Shot, Zen Archery (monk)
    05 Precision (monk)
    06 Past Life : Rogue
    07 Path of Harmonious Balance : Fists of Light (monk)
    09 Manyshot
    12 Improved Critical : Ranged
    13 Ten Thousand Stars (monk)
    15 Imp Precise Shot
    17 Imp Evasion
    18 Master of Forms
    20 Opportunist
    21 Overwhelming Critical
    24 Combat Archery
    26 Holy Strike
    27 Imp Sneak Attack
    28 Doubleshot
    29 Dreamscape or Mass Frog
    30 Past Life : Paladin or Completionist
    30 Scion of Arborea or Scion of the Ethereal Plane
    Level order: R F M R M R M R M R M R M R R R R R R R

Enhancements: I have 86 AP, if more spend in Harper for ranged power. If less, cut back on Falconry

Skills: (item swap)
    Concentration 101
    Diplomacy 60
    Disable Device 54 (106)
    Heal 74
    Open Lock 71 (101)
    Search 64 (100)
    Spot 85 (91)
    Spellcraft 37
    Tumble 49
    UMD 48
    I no longer have room for Diplomacy and Heal augments

Twists:
    T4 Sense Weakness
    T4 Martial Hymn
    T1 A Dance of Flowers
    T1 Enlightenment
    T1 Cocoon

Epic Destiny:

Spellpower:
    Electric 459
    Positive 459

DCs: (item/stance swap)
    Bird 89 (91)
    Paralyze 60 (84)
    Mass Frog 66 (88)

Reaper Trees: 54 points is a sweetspot, and this is how I spent them.

Gear Set:

Weapons: Aerania the Boltbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Armor: Leg Wildwood Outfit
    Goggles: Leg Tharne's Goggles (Helplessness)
    Helm: Helm of the Final Watcher
    Neck: Leg Family Recruit Sigil (Helplessness)
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (MRR cap)
    Cloak: Leg Cloak of Balance (MRR cap)
    Belt: Leg Belt of the Ram (MRR cap)
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+4wis)
    Gloves: Leg Wildwood Gauntlets
    Boots: Leg Slavelords (sheltering, magnetism, concentration & wisdom)(+4wis)
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue (Helplessness)
    Bracers: Wildwood Wrists (+4wis)
    Quiver: Epic Dynamistic Quiver

(Augment sets)
    I also use Esoterica augment set when paralyzing, those I slotted into a spare Recruit Sigil, Onyx Ring and Enchantment+6+3 goggles

Thats all Ill share for now, but Ill be back to update the thread once Ill finalize gear and such! If there is some info you are looking for you can probably find it in my old thread, else ask away!

Thx for reading/watching! Enjoy the build!

I submitted my build for review, this is how it went!
    RIP! U49 should drop this week, Ill redo the OP with new levelsplit and the changes Ill make. Basically the build stays the same, but I will need to playtest to see where it has improved and where it hasent. Stay tuned, friends!
    Subpar, Orien

I updated OP with U49 changes. I got a new skill, Bluff. I need to redo my slavelords boots and then Ill edit skill section.
    Subpar, Orien

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast