Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, November 25th 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, November 25th starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a server restart. The downtime is expected to last for about an hour.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Guardiest guarder of guard-dom Yokido's Avatar

Thanks Cordo & team!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, November 25th starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a server restart. The downtime is expected to last for about an hour.
    I'm afraid it won't help much for the lags. From Feywild release all of my ddo friends agrees (Argo, Thelanis, Cannith, Sarlona) there is a huge performance drop (server side), even freshly after last week restart (patch) isn't any good :/

Instance window lags now are longer, lot of freezes in quests (all party same time), lot of party/instance bugs (cannot leave/join party lag, cannot reset instance lag).

Shoulda let content guys take a break and bring maintenance wizards
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Any news on the Hardcore character transfer yet?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Default Nag ... Nag ... Nag

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    I'm afraid it won't help much for the lags. From Feywild release all of my ddo friends agrees (Argo, Thelanis, Cannith, Sarlona) there is a huge performance drop (server side), even freshly after last week restart (patch) isn't any good :/

Instance window lags now are longer, lot of freezes in quests (all party same time), lot of party/instance bugs (cannot leave/join party lag, cannot reset instance lag).

Shoulda let content guys take a break and bring maintenance wizards
    Nag ... Nag ... Nag, nothing is ever good enough, Nag ... Nag ... Nag.

How do you know for a fact that the server reboot will not at least in someway help some of the lag?

I work on Wintel and Linux servers for a living and quit often a reboot elevates degraded performance or lag. I am not saying it will in this case but it can help.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post

How do you know for a fact that the server reboot will not at least in someway help some of the lag?

I work on Wintel and Linux servers for a living and quit often a reboot elevates degraded performance or lag. I am not saying it will in this case but it can help.
    Cause it never does.

Game is back online: why not go gauge the lag
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    That's right. A game in which players cannot enter quests, or are stuck in place unable to move or act while taking full damage, is "not good enough".

Many of the complaints that people make about games are indeed trivial and silly. Complaining about the basic lack of ability to play the game due to server lag is not.

If this was the first time ever that SSG were doing a reboot to fix lag, this might be a valid argument. But they do reboots every single week and the game is still frequently unplayable at peak times. Maybe the reboots are providing some benefit but they are definitely not fixing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidZombie View Post
    That's right. A game in which players cannot enter quests, or are stuck in place unable to move or act while taking full damage, is "not good enough".

Many of the complaints that people make about games are indeed trivial and silly. Complaining about the basic lack of ability to play the game due to server lag is not.

If this was the first time ever that SSG were doing a reboot to fix lag, this might be a valid argument. But they do reboots every single week and the game is still frequently unplayable at peak times. Maybe the reboots are providing some benefit but they are definitely not fixing the problem.
    Not doing a weekly reload definitely has an impact, however, which is why they were instituted.

Given the density of mobs in Feywilds and the inability to bypass them to reach quests, I suspect those excessive triggered mobs in multiple instances are part of the problem.
    It would be good to either introduce the (much) requested wayfinder to those dungeons, or introduce an empty wilderness instance where there are no mobs, no loot, no explorers- essentially an easy mode alternative.
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Community Member

Im always glad they attempt to reduce the server issues ....great ,,,,,,what im concerened about is well its almost a month since release and theres been 1 PATCH ,with so many many many bugs out there ......when the hell is the 2nd patch ....like when are we gonna at the very least see aug slots on rando loot lololollololololol so sad