Community Member

Default U48 augments: 3 pieces set, how does it work ?

I created my 1st colorless set augment. I put it in an augment, and all worked fine.

But the question is always the same: what does really mean the "3 pieces equipped" to have the bonus of the augment applied ? Does it mean you need 3 times the same augment ? or that all the augment set bonuses will be active when 3 colorless augments will be slotted ?

On Lamania forum section, there are a lot of discussions on this subject. The 2 interpretations are possible. I found no answer from devs, I think there is a lack of clear communication on this point, it creates a lot debates and frustrations.

The u48 is really an awesome pack, but we really need to have an answer on this point. I began to do tests to see it by myself, but I am not at the end of the tests at the moment, so if someone could give us informations based on tests and not on an opinion, it should be great.
    Last edited by tipav; 11-06-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Community Member

Default ?/Possibly Esoteric Set Augment not working?

I crafted an Esoteric set augment from the Mountain Cloak as had spare runes to get this.

I have tried it by itself on both a sorc. and (just to check) barbarian and it doesn't seem to make any difference to spells DC's.

I have tried it with two other of the set items equipped and it also doesn't make a difference.

Echoing above comment (and I have looked elsewhere and can't find an obvious answer) - how is it supposed to work??

Do I need three mountain cloaks from the raid to get this to function rather than one?
    Is there no mix/matching with items from the set?

I play Narguul (plus quite a few alts) on Orien and would welcome a reply, tell or - no offence intended! - a slightly clearer guide.

Quote Originally Posted by tipav View Post
    I created my 1st colorless set augment. I put it in an augment, and all worked fine.

But the question is always the same: what does really mean the "3 pieces equipped" to have the bonus of the augment applied ? Does it mean you need 3 times the same augment ? or that all the augment set bonuses will be active when 3 colorless augments will be slotted ?

On Lamania forum section, there are a lot of discussions on this subject. The 2 interpretations are possible. I found no answer from devs, I think there is a lack of clear communication on this point, it creates a lot debates and frustrations.

The u48 is really an awesome pack, but we really need to have an answer on this point. I began to do tests to see it by myself, but I am not at the end of the tests at the moment, so if someone could give us informations based on tests and not on an opinion, it should be great.

It’s three pieces of raid gear to make three augments. Then you slot them separately. When all three are slotted, you’ll get the bonus.

Yes. Grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Community Member

Default ?/Possibly Esoteric Set Augment not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    It’s three pieces of raid gear to make three augments. Then you slot them separately. When all three are slotted, you’ll get the bonus.

Yes. Grind.
    Thank you for the reply - three sought after items from same raid seems a little steep for the one benefit from the item set?
    I guess getting all of the set benefits would have been op though on three augments that you can fit in any (even non-set item).

Balance might have been to get set benefit from three other set items being replaced?

Community Member

So...yeah, this has to be one of the most poorly thought out ideas the devs have come up with since SSG took over.

You are essentially forced to waste two additional augment slots so you can slot three identical augments that do absolutely nothing but give you one specific set bonus. So much grind for next to nothing in return.

If they wanted to make this actually viable, they should’ve created an augment that gives a specific bonus from the item crunched to create it...AND a separate three piece set bonus. But I’m pretty sure that the reason they went the way they did is because of spaghetto code and their inability to think their way out of a wet paper bag.
    Last edited by DerpDerply; 11-28-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I thought the idea of these augments was that you could *wear* say 2 pieces of a set, then slot the third 'item' as just a set bonus augment in some other piece of gear, perhaps part of a different set.

Not that you would try to completely replace a set bonus with three augments and not wear any of the set?

Was that not the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Concept was good, but bonuses from my opinion are not worth taking up 3 slots and other set bonuses from slot bonus override for a singular bonus effect.

Would have preferred 3x items to make 1 augment that overrides the set bonus of the 1 item it is slotted into.

Combination of bonusses created by 3x augments in 3 different items... 1 bonus for 3 slots is not good enough from my perspective especially being level 30, they are not level 30 worthy.

Feywild 7 piece sets doesnt support the 3 piece augment set bonus system very well.

We currently dont have enough augment slots to make this set advantageous for the losses from using the slots/bonuses, perhaps in time with new future game expansion gear and items to replace things like LGS bonusses from gear that dont have slots.

Feywild tiers are effectively backwards to other previous 3 piece set bonusses for stat/dcs as they come at the end instead of the beginning of the set bonusses.

For example.. to get my Stat/DC's back... I will need to get 6 pieces of the feywild Autumn set, and that pretty much just breaks me even(actually puts me back 1 dc).. it doesn't move me forward.
    ..or lose 3 slots from other gear with the augment slot set bonus and existing potential gear set bonuses to get just a single +4 stat bonus back... again not a forward or even lateral progression...

Legendary Esoteric Initiate 3 piece set, you gain:
    +50 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power
    +4 Artifact bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma
    +4 Artifact bonus to Spell DCs
    +20 Magical Resistance Rating Cap

Eminence of Autumn
    2 Pieces Equipped:+50 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power
    3 Pieces Equipped:+5% Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Critical Chance
    4 Pieces Equipped:+20% Legendary bonus to Maximum Spellpoints
    5 Pieces Equipped:+4 Artifact bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma
    6 Pieces Equipped:+3 Artifact bonus to Spell DCs
    7 Pieces Equipped:+15% Legendary bonus to Universal Spell Critical Damage

It basically means I add Feywild pieces to work around my existing 3 piece set with no real reason to ever shift over to the 7 piece set.. the 7 piece is pointless.
    Moving from a 3 piece to a 7 piece for the same bonus doesn't make logistical sense if there is no gain. Augment set bonuses makes this worse not better.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-28-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Concept was good, but bonuses from my opinion are not worth taking up 3 slots and other set bonuses from slot bonus override for a singular bonus effect.

Combination of bonusses created by 3x augments in 3 different items... 1 bonus for 3 slots is not good enough from my perspective especially being level 30, they are not level 30 worthy.

We currently dont have enough augment slots to make this set advantageous for the losses from using the slots/bonuses, perhaps in time with new future game expansion gear and items to replace things like LGS bonusses from gear that dont have slots.

Moving from a 3 piece to a 7 piece for the same bonus doesn't make logistical sense if there is no gain. Augment set bonuses makes this worse not better.
    Your analysis is lacking. The augment sets are the best thing to happen to the game since minor artifacts and sentient jewels, with a longevity to match.

Melee straight up get 3d6 SA dice with Perfect Silence.
    Nukers get 15% helpless damage with Cruel Cut.
    Tanks want Wild Fortitude to net ~100 HP.
    DC sorcs can't get the +4 CHA set fast enough so they can ditch Flamecleansed Fury for better options.
    Ranged is the only archtype that did not directly benefit from this change. +4 attribute doesn't really do much for throwing daggers.

Feywild 7 piece sets doesnt support the 3 piece augment set bonus system very well. [...] It basically means I add Feywild pieces to work around my existing 3 piece set with no real reason to ever shift over to the 7 piece set.. the 7 piece is pointless
    Feywild 7pc sets also aren't optimal. 3pc Sharn is the standard to build from. The lack of 7pc Feywild appeal was pointed out ad nauseum during the Lamannia preview. And the devs obviously chose to be ok wiith that.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Your analysis is lacking. The augment sets are the best thing to happen to the game since minor artifacts and sentient jewels, with a longevity to match.

DC sorcs can't get the +4 CHA set fast enough so they can ditch Flamecleansed Fury for better options.
    Ranged is the only archtype that did not directly benefit from this change. +4 attribute doesn't really do much for throwing daggers.

The problem I keep running into is what 3 augments are you giving up to fit that 3 piece set bonus that isn't going to impact the 7 piece Fey set.
    Legendary Greensteel doesn't have augment slots.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Hero

I wear LGS 4pc material on my alchemist and have no problem fitting in Cruel Cut without giving up Esoteric Initiate. The new augment system causes you to make decisions, instead of just jamming whatever in there to fill an empty spot.

7pc Feywild is a red herring. Unless you don't own Sharn, you shouldn't use 7pc Feywild for any of the seasons.

Community Member

Feywild 7pc sets also aren't optimal. 3pc Sharn is the standard to build from. The lack of 7pc Feywild appeal was pointed out ad nauseum during the Lamannia preview. And the devs obviously chose to be ok wiith that.
    I have to disagree with you on the importance of these augments. Since they’re essentially three identical dupes of each other that ONLY give one effect, they’re much less useful to me than pretty much every other other appropriate level augments I can put in those slots. But if you want to take 3 slots for one subpar set bonus that also takes that gear from ML29 to ML30, it’s your choice

Just throwing my support here. This is all correct, imo. Also, as a thrower... I feel the lack of direct benefit... 4 dex for +2 to hit/dmg and 2% DS. Underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DerpDerply View Post
    they’re much less useful to me than pretty much every other other appropriate level augments I can put in those slots. But if you want to take 3 slots for one subpar set bonus that also takes that gear from ML29 to ML30, it’s your choice
    You aren't looking at the big picture. It's not just about the augments themselves, but the gear tetris that the augments allow.

Let's look at Perfect Silence, which is a huge upgrade for melee. Previously only available through the Mantle of Suulomades set, you can now instead slot the Wildwood Wrists in addition to Perfect Silence. Assuming you were already using an Epic Quiver of Alacrity, that's +9 to hit, +13 dmg, and +10.5 SA attack damage. Nowhere in the game are you going to get that kind of improvement from pre-U48 augments.

Community Member

[QUOTE=DerpDerply;6382924]So...yeah, this has to be one of the most poorly thought out ideas the devs have come up with since SSG took over.

Whoa hold on a second .that is 1 hellva bold statement ..........................(dev team 2 years ago) Ok guys we need 300 k greenback how we gonna get it.......i know we will offer a seasons pass for 300 $ ...and we will get our 1000 most loyal whales to buy in ...............Then covid hits (same devs) i know well give all our content for free think of all the micro tansactions wooot .......(the one dev with a memory ) What about those loyal whales who bailed us out when we needed that 300 k .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .CRICKETS......................................... .................................................. .....................Sorry derp as much as i enjoy your posts i think the quoted statement is wrong ....tks

Community Member

[QUOTE=superevbully;6383968]
    So...yeah, this has to be one of the most poorly thought out ideas the devs have come up with since SSG took over.

Whoa hold on a second .that is 1 hellva bold statement ..........................(dev team 2 years ago) Ok guys we need 300 k greenback how we gonna get it.......i know we will offer a seasons pass for 300 $ ...and we will get our 1000 most loyal whales to buy in ...............Then covid hits (same devs) i know well give all our content for free think of all the micro tansactions wooot .......(the one dev with a memory ) What about those loyal whales who bailed us out when we needed that 300 k .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .CRICKETS......................................... .................................................. .....................Sorry derp as much as i enjoy your posts i think the quoted statement is wrong ....tks
    I did say ONE of their most poorly thought out ideas.

Community Member

You aren't looking at the big picture. It's not just about the augments themselves, but the gear tetris that the augments allow.

Let's look at Perfect Silence, which is a huge upgrade for melee. Previously only available through the Mantle of Suulomades set, you can now instead slot the Wildwood Wrists in addition to Perfect Silence. Assuming you were already using an Epic Quiver of Alacrity, that's +9 to hit, +13 dmg, and +10.5 SA attack damage. Nowhere in the game are you going to get that kind of improvement from pre-U48 augments.
    The point I’m making is that wasting THREE usable augment slots to get ONLY ONE BONUS EFFECT is a huge step backwards. The augments I’d have to remove to slot those abominations would all have to be replaced elsewhere, and greatly increase the already copious amounts of stupidity involved with current gear Tetris. Also, the fact that they override gear set bonuses means they’re only useful if slotted in gear that has no set bonuses whatsoever.

In short, with my current gear setup, those augments would cost me exponentially much more than they’re worth.

Hero

\The augments I’d have to remove to slot those abominations would all have to be replaced elsewhere [...] In short, with my current gear setup, those augments would cost me exponentially much more than they’re worth.
    Post an actual gearset and the augments you think are required instead of talking about this in some nebulous fashion.

Community Member

[QUOTE=DerpDerply;6384875]
    Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    I did say ONE of their most poorly thought out ideas.
    lol sry u did indeed ha

Community Member

Default to add :

Arguing if it's usefull or not is not for me a pb, depend what you look for , if i find this interesting can i get it or not?
    I find this interesting but i'm in a very little guild, playing at european hours in pug groups, then it's near impossible for me to have 3 sames objects of a raid.
    it"s hard for me to run raid enough to get one then 3....
    they need to think all are not us players in great guilds.
    tc
    valdo