Default Sapphire of defense

Sapphire of Defense according to the description, it adds PRR and MRR but after inserting it into the slot only PRR works... I broke my item by taking it out

Quote Originally Posted by raclaw View Post
    Sapphire of Defense according to the description, it adds PRR and MRR but after inserting it into the slot only PRR works... I broke my item by taking it out
    I haven't seen an official response yet, but I have definitely confirmed that sapphires of defense are not applying MRR.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    I haven't seen an official response yet, but I have definitely confirmed that sapphires of defense are not applying MRR.

https://imgur.com/a/7sryUMz

Description from DDO Store:

Upgrades any item that has a properly matching Augment Slot to provide a +3 Enhancement bonus to your Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating. This augment can go in a Blue, Green, or Purple Augment Slot. This item is vendorable. One use. Can be reused if removed with a Jeweler's Tool Kit.

https://imgur.com/a/7sryUMz

Description from DDO Store:

Upgrades any item that has a properly matching Augment Slot to provide a +3 Enhancement bonus to your Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating. This augment can go in a Blue, Green, or Purple Augment Slot. This item is vendorable. One use. Can be reused if removed with a Jeweler's Tool Kit.
    Yes, I'm agreeing with you, they aren't applying MRR and they should be.

The old ones before the update only added PRR (in description and effect). Maybe they forgot to add MRR to the effect part but did in the description.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    The old ones before the update only added PRR (in description and effect). Maybe they forgot to add MRR to the effect part but did in the description.
    Nope, the "old ones" added both PRR and MRR. I know many used one for their cloth users to max MRR with it, and I used/still using one as well for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAO View Post
    Nope, the "old ones" added both PRR and MRR. I know many used one for their cloth users to max MRR with it, and I used/still using one as well for that purpose.
    Pretty sure that's not the case but, alas, I no longer have any to check.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Community Member

They have always added both PRR and MRR

Angry

Same problem and it is indeed a problem. Fortunately I only made the the mistake of trying to update the sheltering aug in one of my old items but I'm still quite annoyed since it used to provide MRR for sure and had I known it was going to changed I would have slotted a bunch more of the old sheltering augments in various items before the update.

Community Member

Yeah you’re definitely wrong on this one. Sapphire of defense always added both PRR and MRR

I bought a +8 defense last night and only the PRR works and the MRR is missing. I would assume they will fix this on the next update. At least I hope so. I am spending a lot of money on this game lately and would be disappointed again if there is a delay on something as simple as this. There are always glitches on new releases, so ho hum.
    The lag is bad as well in the new expansion.

they probably wanted to break up the effect for PR and MR like they have been doing on named items and loot gen recently and forgot to add the MR version lol
    Elemo - Patorikku - Happyfruit - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~