Community Member

Default Whats with the Max Caster Level

Heyas, new to alchemist. So I'm looking at the spells and they're virtually all max caster level 10. There's a bunch of ways to increase caster level, even after level 10 with the enhancements that have minlevels of 12 or more, but none of these say they increase *max* caster level. So are they all basically a waste? Or is the description wrong and they do increase MCL?

Community Member

I am not 100% sure, but the cores says nothing about max caster level. And did not see anything that increased that. I think your best bet is to take Master of Spellvials - the epic feat and get it to 20.

Yeah it's a kind of a mess what they did, the cores gives extra caster level but the spells have a very low max caster level. So many things they do, where you think, what did they think?

You can increase max caster level by being dragonborn or in the draconic tree. I think that's the only way to increase max caster level of alchemist spells.

With all that being said the multivial is a pretty bad ass spell even at only max caster level 20.

Community Member

There have been reports that Multivial's MCL does not match the description. See the wiki for a link to discussion.

4. 11-01-2020, 02:21 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    There have been reports that Multivial's MCL does not match the description. See the wiki for a link to discussion.
    That was one of my suspicions. I mean there is a c**kup, the question is whether the c**kup is mechanically affecting spell scaling, or if it's just a description c**kup.
    Am also more glad than I thought I would be to make the toon Dragonborn for this. It wasn't even a hunch. More like: Well it's going to be essentially a sorc and I don't want to go gnome or fire so... Dragonborn? Didn't even remember dborn had +MCL enhancements, just thought it might be fun to occasionally puke green acid at things.

Community Member

Farming for Mortal Fear was one of the most strenuous exercises i have done in DDO. The fastest way is to run the raid 20 times in a row and hope you have 20 phlogs at then end. Then you have to collect the end reward of 10 phlogs. But the trick is you cant TR meaning you have to stay at cap until all 20 raids are complete. With luck, you will have some folks chip in their end rewards si you can get to the 30 phlogs you need.

I got mine after the nerf, so never experienced it much, since it doesnt work in legendary content. Ironically, temple of the deathwyrm is a legendary raid...so why do you farm something that doesnt work in content in which you farmed it.

Solution: let it work in reapers and legendary, but cut it to 25% or 30% vs. 50%. Why not let it be an option? Doesnt make sense.

Nico