Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDO Audit

Default DDO Audit - Live LFM Viewer and Server Stats

Update: This post is for the original release of the project. Please see this new thread for updated information on the website. Any questions regarding the project should be directed there. Thanks!

Original post below.
    ---

LIVE LFM VIEWER - LIVE WHO LIST - LIVE POPULATION DATA - SERVER DEMOGRAPHICS

DDO Audit is now in its final stages of development, and as such I find it fitting that it should be included here among other guides and informative compilations. This journey has been an epic one. Thank you to all the community members who have supported me during this endeavor; many of the features on the website today were requested by you, and I take great pride in maintaining this community-inspired tool.

=== Explore the project here: DDO Audit ===

About the project
    DDO Audit is a real-time population and LFM tracking project for Dungeons and Dragons Online. It collects public player data and uses it to generate detailed population reports, summarize server demographics, and provide live "LFM" and "Who" panels.

DDO Audit is the product of months of coding, website design, and a passion for Dungeons and Dragons Online and its community, and has quickly become a widely-used tool for finding groups, exploring servers, and connecting with others. Feedback and suggestions have played an integral part in the development of the website, and I can't thank you all enough! Many of the features on the site today were suggested by you! I'm always looking for new and innovative ways to improve the experience of players, so don't hesitate to ask.

HOME
    This page contains a sitemap, website news, and general population data.

SERVERS
    Looking for a new home? Curious to know which server has the most players in your time zone? This page contains detailed information for each server including population distribution by server, and server population distribution by time of day, day of week, and playable classes. Click on a server to view more detailed information: server demographic reports include gender, race, guild affiliation, popular content (quests), and population trends.

GROUPING
    Looking for a group? Afraid you're missing raid night? Unsure of which character you want to log-in with? The grouping page has quickly become this project's most popular feature. View a live LFM panel for every server from the convenience of your web browser, setup desktop notifications, and check out what content is being run before you log in!

WHO
    Are your friends online? Is your guild forming up for raid night? Find out on the live 'Who' list! See who's online on any server at any time. Filter by Name, Guild, or Location.

GEOGRAPHY
    Which public areas are you going to have the best luck selling that weapon or buying those materials? Find out here! The Geography page provides heat maps showing where players are congregating around Eberron.

TRENDS
    This page shows population trends dating back to this project's inception. It contains daily minimum, maximum, and average population and LFM statistics, population deltas, and daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly trends.

ABOUT
    This page addresses the majority of questions I've been asked relating to this project. It contains information on methodology, detailed descriptions of many of the website's features, access to the project's API and report data, contributions, contact information, and a project development timeline.

It has been an absolute pleasure to serve the DDO Community. Thank you to all those who contributed to the project and supported me throughout. This tool wouldn't be possible without you!

Here's to many more joy-filled years playing alongside friends and family. See you in game!

~ Clemeit ~
    Last edited by Clemeit; 07-22-2022 at 11:26 PM.

Love it, thank you.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Thumbs up Thanks

This is awesome, you really have done an impressive job with this. No idea how you did it, but it rocks.
    SSG most likely now use it as well...sigh....

This has to be one of the coolest DDO projects I've seen. The website has been my homepage for a while now. Thanks for all your incredible work!

Added:
    • New quests
    • New locations

Removed:
    • Night Revels theme

Known issues:
    • Data for a few locations are still missing and will be added as I catch them

See you in the Feywild!

Found it useful enough that I tracked down your username, this thread and necrod it because you didn't leave your name in the reputation comment.

This is by far the most useful Web tool for DDO IMHO and I still think Cordo should add it to his
    Gathering of Guides
    Last edited by caberonia; 01-04-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    Sarlona- Fistalis, Caberonia, Kerlik, Mashbirs, Molleck, Burrthistle, Enlitened, Rotheril, Maginos, Urrock, Talathis- Scholars of Aureon

Quote Originally Posted by caberonia View Post
    Found it useful enough that I tracked down your username, this thread and necrod it because you didn't leave your name in the reputation comment.

This is by far the most useful Web tool for DDO IMHO and I still think Cordo should add it to his
    Gathering of Guides
    Thanks again. It's been a fun project to work on. I'm glad that so many players have found it useful.

Hrmmm... somehow, I'm reminded of the old truism "Don't ask questions that you really don't want to know the answer to". :/

Update: January 15, 2021

Demographic reports for the various servers can be filtered using the following criteria:
    • Active Players: Characters who have actively participated in quests within the last 5 days
    • Inactive Players: Characters who have no recent quest activity (typically bank/mule characters)
    • End-game Players: Characters who are at least level 29

Popular content reports for the various servers can be filtered using the following criteria:
    • All Content: Shows the top 20 most popular quests/raids
    • Raids Only: Filters out quests and shows only the most popular raids

These changes are in response to the feedback left on Axel's videos:
    What are DDO's Most and Least Popular Races?
    What Are DDO's Most Popular Quests?

Last edited by Clemeit; 01-15-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    Update: January 15, 2021

Demographic reports for the various servers can be filtered using the following criteria:
    • Active Players: Characters who have actively participated in quests within the last 5 days
    • Inactive Players: Characters who have no recent quest activity (typically bank/mule characters)
    • End-game Players: Characters who are at least level 29

These changes are a response to the feedback left on Axel's video "What are DDO's Most and Least Popular Races?".

Your contribution to this game is awesome. Keep up the excellent work mate.

Update: January 23, 2021

The 'Class Distribution' and 'Character Level Distribution' charts on the Overview tab of the Servers page now allow for the same filtering as the demographic reports
    • The default filter is set to "Active" players

The 'Who' list...
    ...now includes a category for "All Servers"
    • Players from all servers are shown in the same list
    • Server names are prepended to each player's location
    ...can be filtered by multiple criteria (comma delimited)
    ...can be filtered by the following criteria:
    • Name
    • Race
    • Guild name
    • Instance type ("public" or "private")
    • In-party ("in party")

Update: January 28, 2021

The Grouping page (LFM viewer) has been updated with additional functionality:
    • Hovering over a quest in the LFM panel now shows some useful information
    • Clicking on a quest will open the corresponding DDO Wiki page

Just noticed this change and already found typo/bug.

Grim and barrets adventure pack is devils gambit, not war of codex (in fact there's no such adventure pack). :P

You need s job at ssg, can you work out how to do what they haven't and remove redundant LFG posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    Just noticed this change and already found typo/bug.

Grim and barrets adventure pack is devils gambit, not war of codex (in fact there's no such adventure pack). :P
    Thanks. I updated it on my side, but it's going to get reverted the next time the game updates and I regenerate the lists. The Devil's Gambit is called "War of the Codex" internally, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that.

Update: March 8, 2021

Notifications on the Grouping page can now be enabled for any group that matches your current Filter settings.
    (i.e. If you currently have the LFM panel filtered for levels 11-16, you'll be notified for any group that's posted between levels 11-16.)

This change is in response to feedback from Spooky Noodle on the DDO Discord.

17. 07-25-2021, 12:23 PM

Update: July 2021

Added:
    • Average Quest Duration ("Most Popular Content" table at the bottom of the Servers page)

Removed:
    • Harcore League 'LFM' and 'Who' panels

Added:
    • Average Quest Duration ("Most Popular Content" table at the bottom of the Servers page)
    Is there a way to see all quests? The table just shows the top 50.

I very much appreciate the tool you have provided - its excellent.

I cannot help but wonder what kind of strain its putting on the servers though.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I very much appreciate the tool you have provided - its excellent.

I cannot help but wonder what kind of strain its putting on the servers though.
    Less than a player logged into the game. The information provided can be compiled by anyone that simply hangs out in the game checking the LFM panel every few seconds.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast