Community Member

Default Buying Expansion as a Gift?

Is there any way to buy an expansion and not have it be applied to my own account? I could've sworn Market purchases used to just result in emailed codes that get redeemed. But I recently tried to buy a pack I already have for a friend (intending to send him the code) and never got an email with the code or a charge on my card or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by stilesm1 View Post
    Is there any way to buy an expansion and not have it be applied to my own account? I could've sworn Market purchases used to just result in emailed codes that get redeemed. But I recently tried to buy a pack I already have for a friend (intending to send him the code) and never got an email with the code or a charge on my card or anything.
    Yeah this is really a lame change. We can't trade codes, gift them or anything.

Community Manager

It is not currently possible to gift a purchase through the new external DDO Store being used for the Fables of the Feywild prepurchase. This is functionality that we intend to introduce in the future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It is not currently possible to gift a purchase through the new external DDO Store being used for the Fables of the Feywild prepurchase. This is functionality that we intend to introduce in the future.
    The one I tried to buy was actually MotU.

Quote Originally Posted by stilesm1 View Post
    The one I tried to buy was actually MotU.
    Last time I used it, buying an expansion through the DDO Market sent me an email with the code for what I purchased. You can give this code to someone else- it's not tied to your account (since the market is a separate entity entirely from the game, whereas the new system is tied to DDO accounts directly and goes through DDO's, uh, publisher? I think that's the relationship between SSG and Daybreak). I don't recall how it works for buying expansions in game with DDO points- not sure if that's possible or not. It's been a while, so it might have changed, but it sounds more like the DDO Market transaction failed and that's why nothing went through.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    Last time I used it, buying an expansion through the DDO Market sent me an email with the code for what I purchased. You can give this code to someone else- it's not tied to your account (since the market is a separate entity entirely from the game, whereas the new system is tied to DDO accounts directly and goes through DDO's, uh, publisher? I think that's the relationship between SSG and Daybreak). I don't recall how it works for buying expansions in game with DDO points- not sure if that's possible or not. It's been a while, so it might have changed, but it sounds more like the DDO Market transaction failed and that's why nothing went through.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried again and already have a code. Will be good to know once I can get him Feywild but at least we've got this one.

Community Member

Default How about now?

Is this still the case? Will a FotF purchase be immediately applied to the currently logged in account? Need to know before pulling the trigger on a potential Christmas gift.

Thanks,
    D.

Also, the timing on this change is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgangerung View Post
    Is this still the case? Will a FotF purchase be immediately applied to the currently logged in account? Need to know before pulling the trigger on a potential Christmas gift.

Thanks,
    D.

Also, the timing on this change is rubbish.
    I believe this is still the case.

Community Member

I have just tried to buy the masterminds of sharn expansion in the external store without being logged in but I just got a message on screen that I would receive a notification. The payment has been taken by digital river or whatever but nothing in the last 5hrs is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_RL View Post
    I have just tried to buy the masterminds of sharn expansion in the external store without being logged in but I just got a message on screen that I would receive a notification. The payment has been taken by digital river or whatever but nothing in the last 5hrs is this normal?

www.findmyorder.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_RL View Post
    Woke up this morning and have received an email notification. So I guess the delay is normal. Thanks anyway

Community Member

Thumbs down No sale!

I guess I'm not purchasing DDO gifts - ever again. I was going to buy a gift for somebody today. NO SALE!

I've purchased a number of DDO gifts for others over the years. Sometimes, I've emailed the codes to the recipient. For my friends kids, I print the codes and wrap them so they have something to open for birthdays, Christmas, or other events.

I question the wisdom of this business model.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeRED View Post

I question the wisdom of this business model.
    There is nothing to question. It's clearly a decision made by a person with a WIS score of 1.

I would love to gift a Saltmarsh edition to a friend. Sadly it's impossible.

Is there an over funded pension or something? What is the deal with not wanting to sell stuff, seems fishy. Just kiding vis-a-vis some corruption angle, but still total nonsense.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

SSG does not run the Outside store.. Xsolla does

Sev mentioned in a Q&A with Cordo that it is partly to do with account security among other things (if I remember correctly). Sev did say though that they really do want to bring this back but they need to look at things first before doing so.

Stoner81.