Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default When are you going to fix the chat issues on Thelanis?

It's going on two months now and still no fix. This is making it extremely difficult to group/raid when you can't communicate with your party.

Default Just a tip. :)

I hope it's soon! Though it seems to be a 50-50 chance for me.

My new computer (that I got off of Ebay) used to have bad hitching problems when I first downloaded the app, but after I deleted it, and downloaded it again, it's working purfectly. (I just got off and it didn't mess up once)! Just wanted to put that out there since it seemed to help me!
    Last edited by Zorrbeania; 10-02-2020 at 04:40 AM. Reason: I mess up when I'm dead tired. :)
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

It's been a few weeks for me where the guild chat NEVER works on ANY account I log on (I have 3).
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

$GME YOLO

Super frustrated. Did a PUG today and it was madness. At least the RAID we did was super rote it eventually concluded successfully, but boy howdy was it a mess without communication.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Does the chat server problem kill voice chat too? Or is it just the text chat that died?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

HungarianRhapsody, yes, the Voice channels are also impacted; you won't be able to hear anyone in your Party communicating either - neither will you see any Party channel text. All that will function is the /tell with regards to the party communication until the Chat Channels finally bother to establish a Connection.

Was on today, when I did talk to people there didn't seem to be a problem (lucky for me), but I did notice it saying a couple of times: "You failed to join the party chat room" though this was no biggie, it was only me and my Hireling in the quest.
    Last edited by Zorrbeania; 10-09-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: I forgot an a! XD
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Can we get some communication here (Ironic, I know)? It seems Thelanis is heavily impacted but other servers have issues, too.

For people on Orien, you are free to use the voice channels in Orien Discord. If you need a text channel, as well I am sure we can arrange that.
    For other players, do the same. Don't wait for SSG to fix this in the near future. I am sure the main DDO Discord can help out, too. And if it gets to crowded just open one of your own. But it is really not that hard. If you need help, I am willing to.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Manager

I am happy to report that we have (finally) made progress on identifying the cause of this issue, and will be working on a fix. Hopefully that will resolve the issue, and we'll get it into the next available patch.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am happy to report that we have (finally) made progress on identifying the cause of this issue, and will be working on a fix. Hopefully that will resolve the issue, and we'll get it into the next available patch.
    Does that mean U47?

Or the next patch that comes after 47?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Please, oh please. Each time I go to visit my buddy on Thelanis it's so jenky that we can't use chat at all.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Yes, it would actually be nice to have the Hirelings to chat to; I dearly miss their usual Party responses: 'Clown!', 'Fool!', 'Idiot!', 'Moron!', 'Dimbo!', 'Thickhead!', 'Numbskull!', 'Oaf!', 'Middenbrain!', 'Fustilugs!', 'Lackwit!'. Currently its taking them around 15-mins before they decide to register as joining the: Party channel. Because joining Raids and PUGs, isn't that productive at the moment when the Chat channels aren't connected. :-/

Thank you for some news.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Some compensation after 2 months without chat would be nice.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Yes, it would actually be nice to have the Hirelings to chat to; I dearly miss their usual Party responses: 'Clown!', 'Fool!', 'Idiot!', 'Moron!', 'Dimbo!', 'Thickhead!', 'Numbskull!', 'Oaf!', 'Middenbrain!', 'Fustilugs!', 'Lackwit!'. .....
    That's what the Dragon is for. (Or maybe that's just mine...)

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    Respectfully disagree.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    I knew this was coming.

Personally I just want it fixed. Asking for compensation is about as low as one could go on here.

SSG are good people, I'm sure they will address the issue. But openly asking upfront to me is petty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    I knew this was coming.

Personally I just want it fixed. Asking for compensation is about as low as one could go on here.

SSG are good people, I'm sure they will address the issue. But openly asking upfront to me is petty.
    Knew this was coming. Not expecting a product you pay for to work as advertised is nonsensical.

I'm sure SSG would address issues faster if there was some sort of measurable cost associated with them breaking things constantly. Asking for compensation when something you paid for doesn't work properly accepted standard procedure and generally recognized as good customer service and PR.

/snark off - disparaging someone else's opinion by calling it low and petty simply because it differs from yours is... well, low and petty.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    /snark off - disparaging someone else's opinion by calling it low and petty simply because it differs from yours is... well, low and petty.
    Maybe, but when its done as a 1st or second post in reply, then I call that low.

As for you showing up out of the blue to rebut me? What else is new?

How about as compensation, merge all thelanis chats into one MEGA CHAT. All parties, guilds, userchats, say, general, loot, you get it all!
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast